V1.0 b330 EXP

patch_experimental_version_1_announceHeader.thumb.jpg.2d621964ebcce86676f4ef81318e7cd5.jpg

Greetings, Survivors!
b330 comes with one new POI and plenty of fixes.

Changelog b330:

Added

• Zombie Audio Source Distance Filters
  • remnant_hospital_01

Changed

• Default QuestProgressionDailyLimit from 3 to 4. Make sure to hit the defaults button on your game settings, change the limit before starting your save game, and/or update the serverconfig.xml.
  • Inconsistent block property "BuffsWhenWalkedOn".
  • De-Reverb Base Zombie Female Audio
  • Mountain Lion is no longer extending from Dire Wolf and using its own hand item
  • Slight increase to bear entity damage to be slightly harder than little bear
  • Removed 2nd infested chest from gas_station_10

Fixed

• Quest Tier Complete could not be received if the quest was shared.
  • Increase after quest Twitch cooldown to 60 seconds.
  • Bikes pedals don't animate and clip into feet
  • Crossbow bolts aren't visible to 2nd parties during or after a reload
  • remnant_house_01, missing toilet to bathroom
  • gas_station_08, swapped out tree for helper
  • Traders can fall through the floor
  • Typo with the Russian translation of Wasteland
  • Typo with the German translation of Nomad armor descriptions
  • Bicycles are missing pedals
  • Crosshairs now scale relative to screen height, preventing tiny crosshairs at 4K
  • Some weapons/powered tools have duplicated reload/refuel audio for 2nd parties
  • Sorted storage reverts to unsorted state for clients after reopening
  • Spawn near backpack doesn't spawn you near the last backpack dropped
  • Animal bodies can become invisible after ragdoll moves it if a client
  • Clients would see other player's death ragdolls become standing after a moment
  • After dying and waiting to respawn, the host's body shows the heads, hands and feet on clients
  • zombies would not do a death ragdoll if standing up from a ragdoll
  • Minor typo in loot.xml
  • Wrong ingredients shown when changing tracked recipe.
  • Forum Report Missing localization for tabs in the challenge window.
  • Ranger gloves clipping on female character
  • Female ranger boots clipping

Edited by Hated (see edit history)

Changed:
Default Quest Progression Daily Limit from 3 to 4.

Make sure to hit the defaults button on your game settings, change the limit before starting your save game, and/or update the serverconfig.xml.

<property name="QuestProgressionDailyLimit" value="4"/> <!-- Limits the number of quests that contribute to quest tier progression a player can complete each day. Quests after the limit can still be completed for rewards. -->

Edited by schwanz9000 (see edit history)

I was hoping for further fixes to the controller scheme to make it more user friendly (What is was in A21), bring back mouse functionality for touchscreens (ROG Ally, again like A21) and to fix the drawbridges. Drawbridges are broken, they weren't in previous alphas.

I wanted to comment on two things I experienced in b328 which I don't see in patch notes for b330.

1: The bow's arrow nock animation was delayed by a second when drawing the arrow back. (after reloading)
2: After power attacking with one weapon then immediately swapping to another, it would occasionally take half a second to swap. Seems random and unintentional, and got me killed/hit numerous times.

I was really hoping to see the removal of the “hold Y to craft/mod/scrap” controller scheme in this update. I’m extremely glad the cursor is back, but I’m still really hopeful that we won’t need to hold Y for the full release of 1.0.

3 hours ago, Hated said:

Zombie Audio Source Distance Filters

Excellent!!!

I'm assuming it's a distance dependent lowpass filter that's being used?

Also, has something similar been applied to when zombies are on the other side of a wall/ceiling/floor?

1 hour ago, FranticDan said:

I wanted to comment on two things I experienced in b328 which I don't see in patch notes for b330.

1: The bow's arrow nock animation was delayed by a second when drawing the arrow back. (after reloading)
2: After power attacking with one weapon then immediately swapping to another, it would occasionally take half a second to swap. Seems random and unintentional, and got me killed/hit numerous times.

i was looking for that bow fix too, stopped using bows until this is fixed, this really breaks immersion

6 hours ago, Grandpa Minion said:

logged in to our current map after update, first thing a player did on server was report trader rekt buried to his waste in the ground... maybe cause it wasnt a new map?

A server admin in debug mode should be able to use the Hold E radial menu to remove the trader. It should then respawn a few seconds later. Hopefully that will get him positioned properly. Please let us know if this continues to be an issue.

5 hours ago, haimianbaobao said:

Will dedicated server update B330 affect existing player saves?

It shouldn't. We've not seen any issues with vanilla save games in our testing. My personal dedicated server has been running the same map since B306 without any issues.

5 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Any info on what was changed to fix this? Curious modder minds would like to know. :)

There were some extra checks added to code to prevent them from moving as well as snapping them to the floor position.

6 hours ago, Arma Rex said:

Does this essentially mean that the audio volume based on the distance of the entity is more accurate?

It means that they added a high pass or low pass filter to a variety of audio sources.

5 hours ago, darkodin said:

I was hoping for further fixes to the controller scheme to make it more user friendly (What is was in A21), bring back mouse functionality for touchscreens (ROG Ally, again like A21) and to fix the drawbridges. Drawbridges are broken, they weren't in previous alphas.

Controller schemes and/or other improvements will be a post 1.0 update.
Drawbridge issues are known and will receive a post 1.0 fix.

5 hours ago, FranticDan said:

Bow arrow nock animation issue is known. Would love to see a last minute fix for this, but not sure about timing at this point. Lots of moving parts behind the scenes right now.

I've not personally seen the power attack issue. If you can capture it on video and post a bug report, we'd like to take a look. Thanks!

5 hours ago, OpposedLime1 said:

I was really hoping to see the removal of the “hold Y to craft/mod/scrap” controller scheme in this update. I’m extremely glad the cursor is back, but I’m still really hopeful that we won’t need to hold Y for the full release of 1.0.

Controller schemes and/or other improvements will be a post 1.0 update.

4 hours ago, Arez said:

Excellent!!!

I'm assuming it's a distance dependent lowpass filter that's being used?

Also, has something similar been applied to when zombies are on the other side of a wall/ceiling/floor?

It means that they added a high pass or low pass filter to a variety of audio sources.
I didn't notice any difference in how they work through objects/structures during testing.

3 hours ago, asim said:

i was looking for that bow fix too, stopped using bows until this is fixed, this really breaks immersion

Like I told Dan, would love to see a last minute fix for this.

2 hours ago, Timbywolf said:

I would like that more bed options to be craftable like the bunkbeds 

Hmm. I'll consider it, but no promises. 😛

9 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

Changed:
Default Quest Progression Daily Limit from 3 to 4.

Make sure to hit the defaults button on your game settings, change the limit before starting your save game, and/or update the serverconfig.xml.

Can you please tell me what exactly we should change in the serverconfig.xml. i can't find the corresponding parameter :)

@schwanz9000

1) Will ladder climbing be fixed eventually or is it the new status quo that you have to release space bar in order to attach to a ladder now?

2) Any plans to make the game, or at least nighttime, darker or add an adjustable slider for that? When in inventory or trader menu lots of stuff and especially text can't really be seen since the background is too bright. Same applies to storage box labeling. And as nights are so bright now there is no need for headlight mods or flashlights anymore.

Edited by PoloPoPo (see edit history)

53 minutes ago, Shemasheko said:

Can you please tell me what exactly we should change in the serverconfig.xml. i can't find the corresponding parameter :)

If it is not at the bottom of the file, you can add the following. Also note that some dedicated server providers use their own version of the serverconfig.xml that may not have been updated yet.

<property name="QuestProgressionDailyLimit"	value="4"/>	<!-- Limits the number of quests that contribute to quest tier progression a player can complete each day. Quests after the limit can still be completed for rewards. -->

37 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

@schwanz9000

1) Will ladder climbing be fixed eventually or is it the new status quo that you have to release space bar in order to attach to a ladder now?

2) Any plans to make the game, or at least nighttime, darker or add an adjustable slider for that? When in inventory or trader menu lots of stuff and especially text can't really be seen since the background is too bright. Same applies to storage box labeling. And as nights are so bright now there is no need for headlight mods or flashlights anymore.

1. The current ladder attach logic is correct...for now. You must TAP spacebar, Xbox A, or PS X. This is simply due to the new character system's jump logic that allows jumps to auto repeat when held. This will need to be reviewed and/or changed at a later date.

2. No plans to change the current light balance for launch. The team felt that the game was too dark in some situations. Feedback on this topic will be collected and considered for any future adjustments. Thank you!

Ночи стали очень яркими, как и днем. The houses should also be darker. At the moment there is no need for torches and similar things Это как-то будет исправлено или будет добавлена специальная настройка? 

Edited by KirillWright (see edit history)

1 hour ago, schwanz9000 said:

2. No plans to change the current light balance for launch. The team felt that the game was too dark in some situations. Feedback on this topic will be collected and considered for any future adjustments. Thank you!

WAY too bright. The atmosphere of 7D2D suffers.

I've been playing a long time too long 😬 and don't understand this one. Perhaps you guys want to show off the artwork, or help the newest players a bit, but the darkness invoked a certain pucker-factor because while the zombies generally couldn't see you, you couldn't see them either!
Light sources and especially night vision googles suffer to the point of being useless except in some POIs where it is still dark.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

52 minutes ago, Morloc said:

WAY too bright. The atmosphere of 7D2D suffers.

Agreed, I have turned the brightness down to 0. At default there is no need for a mining helmet, historically one of the items you worked to get at the start of a new game. Because, without it, the darkness was quite hindering. Now it is daylight 24/7, a real turn off.

Edited by outhous (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, outhous said:

Agreed, I have turned the brightness down to 0. At default there is no need for a mining helmet, historically one of the items you worked to get at the start of a new game. Because, without it, the darkness was quite hindering. Now it is daylight 24/7, a real turn off.

I don't know coming from console where everything was super dark it might be a little refreshing I hated using the mining helmet all the time except for mining

Light rework in general is OK. Rooms inside were just too dark even when the sun was shining bright.

Maybe it needs a little adjustment for night time (now it seems we have full moon light all the time 😀)