V1.0 b312 EXP (b313 hotfix)

Not sure if anyone else is getting this, but now when you see the bleed effects while using a knife, all zombies are bleeding from their lower abdomen/genital area.

The new bleed effects were working before the update today and now are only coming from the above mentioned area. Im hitting them with power attacks in the head, they gush blood from down below 😕

3 hours ago, zoarialspeed said:

We need the controller cursor back or an option to activate it. A21 was fine! Imagine removing the mouse option when moving in the inventory... that is how we feel! It is the worst move i've seen in 10000 hours of gameplay. I'm not buying a console version without it, I need my mouse a 1/4 of the time and no i'm not switching to keyboard and mouse. I love to relax with my controller and now the cursor goes all over the place. 

I was hoping to see this. Unplayable mess without it.

• Iron storage crate texture balance for low light levels
  • Ingame texture balance

Anybody feel like going into more detail about what this means ('texture balance' in general)?

And pleeease I can't play tonight, someone tell me the new hair colors are rainbow of some kind.

3 hours ago, paul cornwall said:

on servers people are stealing water mods as they cant be locked and with mods in water collectors people cant make community water farms because mods can be stolen so water farms for new players cant be made anymore

No offense, but this is actually really funny.

If your server has PvP, this seems like fair game, honestly, and if you don't have PvP and it's only supposed to be co-op, I think you need to ask why your server is allowing scumbags on who sabotage their own side.

Im absolutely gutted by this update... Dont get me wrong updates are nice but did we really need to make EVERYONE restart all over again one week after the 1.0 launch? I had a base going that i was proud of for once and now my motivation to play is just destroyed. Whats the point in starting a new game if TFP is just gonna come update a week later and make us lose all progress.

Maybe a option to stay with the old update (even if its not stable) would be like a nice not middle finger to us all.

34 minutes ago, Infected226 said:

Im absolutely gutted by this update... Dont get me wrong updates are nice but did we really need to make EVERYONE restart all over again one week after the 1.0 launch? I had a base going that i was proud of for once and now my motivation to play is just destroyed. Whats the point in starting a new game if TFP is just gonna come update a week later and make us lose all progress.

Maybe a option to stay with the old update (even if its not stable) would be like a nice not middle finger to us all.

Dude,

42 minutes ago, Infected226 said:

did we really need to make EVERYONE restart all over again one week after the 1.0 launch?

My B309 save works fine in B312.

And the hazmat zombie sounds like he's asphyxiating.

55 minutes ago, Infected226 said:

Nope. Can't opt into an experimental build and then ignore every warning given about how it could break with each update and isn't meant for long term play. If you can't handle it breaking, and can't be bothered copying the game install somewhere safe so it doesn't get updated, you need to stay on the stable branch.

• Forge Ahead magazine loot boost from Lock Picking perk is now capped at level 15 of workstation crafting

Why??? Just why? Forcing players to perk into advanced engineering, which increases loot probability for 4 different magazine series is a dreadful game mechanic, it dilutes the loot table with magazines that I personally don't care for, just to increase chances of forge magazines.
    This change is made worse by the fact that you can buy a crucible from the trader within the first week or two.

And, unrelated to lockpicking, looks like shotgun slugs are still useless in the mid-late game, Rest In Piece Slugs, I miss you dearly!!!

6 hours ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

It looks like the conditional for setting loot probability to 0 for lockpicking is incorrect. The operation should likely be greater than instead of less then. As it is know it looks like lockpicking is unlikely to give any bonus to forge ahead books as both the percent add and the base set operations are set to trigger when crafting skill level is less than 15.

Yep, just saw this. And if I'm guessing correctly, even points in advanced engineering won't work, so now everyone will only have the base chance to find forge magazines, regardless of levels in either perk. This change is just dumb in the first place. Even with this oversight being fixed, it will now take a VERY long time to unlock the crucible due to the diluted loot table that advanced engineering causes.

2 hours ago, Infected226 said:

My honest advice is never, ever get too attached to an experimental character or world. It's unpredictable (different per person) and you MAY have to restart at any time. It's always been like this. It sucks, but you move on, and by stable, restarts should be a thing of the past... maybe quite literally forever.

1 hour ago, FranticDan said:
  • Forge Ahead magazine loot boost from Lock Picking perk is now capped at level 15 of workstation crafting

Why??? Just why? Forcing players to perk into advanced engineering, which increases loot probability for 4 different magazine series is a dreadful game mechanic, it dilutes the loot table with magazines that I personally don't care for, just to increase chances of forge magazines.
    This change is made worse by the fact that you can buy a crucible from the trader within the first week or two.

And, unrelated to lockpicking, looks like shotgun slugs are still useless in the mid-late game, Rest In Piece Slugs, I miss you dearly!!!

Fully agreed. This is genuinely one of the most baffling choices I've seen in a long while. This is imo a poor way of (really) stretching out progression. This is on par with TFP deciding that if you spec into a weapon-related perk, you cease getting the magazine buff beyond the primitive tier. Just... why?

Are they concerned that min-maxers will bum rush the perks and get the workstations sooner than they "should"? I thought the general sentiment around here is that min-maxers are the 0.1% (hyperbole) and "don't matter" / don't represent the experiences of the majority of the community. *shrug*

3 hours ago, Infected226 said:

they warned you when you "opt in" to experimental... this isnt stable. so you chose this, you basically fingered yourself

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Hated said:

Increased the HP of player coolers

would you increase the HP of dew collectors please? or make them drop their mods when destroyed, because they just poof. Lets just say, uh.. my cat hit it by accident.

• Armor Plating Mods and Banded Armor Plating Mods can no longer be installed into heavy armor to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues
  • Very small reduction to max Physical and Elemental Damage Resist on heavy armor to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues
  • Reduced Q6 Preacher outfit Undead Damage Resist from 20 to 15% to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues

Thats a very old issue and I had to mod armor in previous versions ( I don't run a server anymore). While it didn't always make people immune, it did make heavy armor absurdly strong for the lack of diminishing returns. They would better reflect players expectations when a 5% reduction is 5% less damage taken instead of 20% because of the simplified scaling. On the opposite side having all bonuses stack on a single multiplier means increases are vastly less effective at higher amounts, where you increase damage by 50% and its actual effect is 10% or less (like it was with tool quality, mods, perks).

Reminder that heavy and to some extent medium armor also have more compatible mods and perks to reduce their cons, on top of scaling better with the current stacking system. Meanwhile we have a cigar that makes you stronger because joel likes it.

• Removed required held item from harvest challenges
  • Tagged more harvestable props for some harvest challenges

This is a great QoL, thanks!

• Lock Pick perk level 1 no longer has a lockpick loot bonus
  • Lock Pick perk level 2 now gives 1 extra lockpick when found in loot
  • Lock Pick perk level 3 now gives 2 extra lockpicks when found in loot

I'm a little afraid for this one but lets see how it plays out. I already get a decent amount of lockpicks without the perk, I'm afraid getting better at lockpicking and finding more lockpicks at the same time will make you overstack them too much. Would push efficiency per level instead.

------

Thanks for the work.

Edited by danielspoa (see edit history)

Going to keep banging on about this. Where is the controller revert/fix. You are about to release on 2 consoles and controllers don't work, rendering the game awful or unplayable. We're trying to help, if this isn't fixed you are going to get a backlash and be refunding alot. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Hated said:

This is pointless to force player to not read 15th book so you can still loot and stash this in your storage.

This change could make more sense for stun batons in tech planet books.

Edited by XYR0 (see edit history)

sorry. Could you please tell me how to update multiserver to b312?
I was able to change to b309 a few days ago.
Even if you follow the same steps
I'm still using b309 for now.

app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental
Is this wrong?

3 hours ago, a_jp said:

sorry. Could you please tell me how to update multiserver to b312?
I was able to change to b309 a few days ago.
Even if you follow the same steps
I'm still using b309 for now.

app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental
Is this wrong?

If you installed in some other place than default, then you have to do "force_install_dir <the directory path to your game install dir>". And then you have to do "login anonymous".

8 hours ago, FranticDan said:

Why??? Just why?

My guess is that it was a very illogical setting to begin with. Someone just putting points into log picking might be astonished to find lots and lots of workstation magazines while someone actually investing in that perk would get much less. Sure, now you only have the choice of all or no "technical magazines", but it is much more sensible.