Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

36 minutes ago, Professor-Pip said:

Not sure if I found a bug or if this works as intended.

If you place a wood block on the painted lines on the street and then pick it up again, the line is erased.

@Laz Man @schwanz9000??

Hi Prof. Pip,

You used to have to destroy road paint before you could build over it so it was changed to make it easier for the player.  Intended I think.

Edit:  see schwanz9000 already responded...😆

39 minutes ago, Space4Ace said:

I did it! over 16,000 hours played. Started with Alpha 10.1 and never looked back.

image.png.9546f5e61212be22ecb481e1ce843044.png

Whats that last achievement? 

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

Hace 8 minutos, Laz Man dijo:

Hola Prof. Pip,

Antes tenías que destruir la pintura de la carretera antes de poder construir sobre ella, así que se cambió para que fuera más fácil para el jugador. Creo que es intencionado.

Editar: ver schwanz9000 ya respondió... 😆

¿Cuál es ese último logro?

¿Será él el que muera congelado?

Are you going to change the textures for the ground and trees? while there are new textures that look pretty good for many things like vehicles, items, armors, buildings..  the old textures for grounds and trees are old and look very bad and they don't fit at all with the new textures.

I really hope you won't leave them as they are now

16 minutes ago, UserName cuz no idea said:

Are you going to change the textures for the ground and trees? while there are new textures that look pretty good for many things like vehicles, items, armors, buildings..  the old textures for grounds and trees are old and look very bad and they don't fit at all with the new textures.

I really hope you won't leave them as they are now

My guess is that it will stay that way, and the reason is because of performance. They could have nicer and sharper looking ground textures and trees, but if it brings down  performance, that would be bad since they're trying to make FPS go up, not down.

1 hour ago, Space4Ace said:

I did it! over 16,000 hours played. Started with Alpha 10.1 and never looked back.

image.png.9546f5e61212be22ecb481e1ce843044.png

Idk if congrats or I'm sorry is in order. Just think how productive you could have been with all those hours 🤪

Lol, just kidding man. Yeah I've just passed 1,000 hours on PC and probably have well over 500 hours on console (PS4 of course). 

Ah how the time passes.....

2 hours ago, Space4Ace said:

I'm not sure, it's an hidden achievement. It might be about killing other players, but I don't play PvP.

Naaah, it`s just "Survive a night at Snowdog`s".

Can`t wait to see you share when you hit 20k hours, I am close to 5k and feel ashamed. 

Anyway, *double click on 7dtd icon*

3 hours ago, schwanz9000 said:

No changes planned at this time.

That's a shame. While the armor system is good it's not flawless. 

Every armor should have its purpose and or be built for a playstyle.  Like biker could be a shotgun and brawling build armor. 

I won't go over the whole list but overall. 

I hope the new armors we get will have that effect 

On 7/26/2024 at 10:36 AM, Дмитрий said:

@faatal, it's me, Dmitry. I really like your game. I'm from Russia, I wanted to ask if there are plans to add 1) new types of 9 mm caliber weapons, a flamethrower, blind grenades or a minigun?It's only 7.62mm, although there is a machine gun, but only a 9mm submachine gun!2) Will there be separate books for those who use machetes, knives and sledgehammers, because there are books for clubs and spears!For example, to avoid wasting stamina, add 10% more uranium for batons!3) fish will be added to the water, as well as culinary dishes, a fishing rod.4) Will any paid add-ons be added to the game?!Thanks a lot in advance for the answer)

I have heard of no plans for new weapons or ammo or books, but it is possible. No plans for fishing, but someday I could see the game or a sequel having some water based creatures. Paid DLC has been talked about, but nothing specific that I know of yet.

I know there's a Bug Reporting function, but I'm not sure if I can duplicate.

Fell through the floor on my horde base and dropped 13 blocks to the ground.

Permadeath, but came back to see. Base and floor intact. I "phased" or some sh-- and fell through. Wood floor. I didn't have this problem with cobblestone floor.

Just posting this for an alert that something might be up.

22 hours ago, Sappystreetbum said:

Congratulations Fun Pimps on 1.0! I haven't been on the forum for a while, so I'm mostly out of the loop on what's been communicated. I was wondering, has cross play been discussed at all? A "when" alluded to? (Also; haven't launched 1.0 yet, really hope to see some aligned iron sights. LOL)

Yes, we have cross play working in testing. Due to the additional time required for testing and fixes and getting the required permissions from MS and Sony, it was delayed until after the 1.0 release.

1 hour ago, Laran Mithras said:

I know there's a Bug Reporting function, but I'm not sure if I can duplicate.

Fell through the floor on my horde base and dropped 13 blocks to the ground.

Permadeath, but came back to see. Base and floor intact. I "phased" or some sh-- and fell through. Wood floor. I didn't have this problem with cobblestone floor.

Just posting this for an alert that something might be up.

I know there was a bug where you could die or break bones just by jumping.  I don't know if that was fixed or not.

This may be user error.

Many times when I switch from Stone spear "holdtype 59" to the Primitive bow "holdtype 27"
the bow will either not noc, or is in an offset position near center screen.

My belt config left to right consistently Wooden club, Primitive bow, T1 pistol "holdtype 1"
Steel spear, stone spear.

The reason it may be user caused is I re-engaged the throwing mech for the stone spear.

I don't quick swap, I just dpad left to right. To correct I have to switch to a neighboring
weapon and back to bow then reload.

@Лаз Мэн @ фатальныйЗдравствуйте, играю в 7 days to die console edition уже больше трёх часов, всё очень замечательно, но есть один нюанс: играю на клавиатуре и мышке и время от времени консоль мне пишет что нужно подключить геймпад для игры, можно просто нажать esc но ошибка появляется через пару секунд, поэтому приходится держать геймпад включённым постоянно, думаю что это баг и надеюсь что разработчики которые отвечают за консольную версию все в этом виноваты, но всё просто потрясающе. Играю с удовольствием 

And one more small nuance on a PC, when you want to throw something out of things, you just take it out of the inventory and left-click the mouse on the console, it doesn't work and you have to throw it out through the d key

Edited by Mikhail Popkov (see edit history)

FEMALE CHARACTERS CRASHING ON MULTIPLAYER

need a dev to hotifx the error asap

The main issue is if one person has it on multiplayer it spreads like a cancer to everyone spamming their cosole client

2024-07-28T05:10:34 270.876 WRN Parameter 'IsMale' not found in animator 2024-07-28T05:10:34 270.884 INF Created player with id=183

Screenshot_2024-07-28_052107.png?ex=66a76d2c&is=66a61bac&hm=5f98b00d76cb2e1db8149464df76db7b94edfbb7dd1a9033c08639bfbec55396&=

Edit the entityClasses.xml file, look for the playerFemale class and modify the property named isMale from  false  to  true.

"the connecting IsMale param is not connected to the animator. Pimps rushed it"

Edited by Grandpa Minion (see edit history)

Two things i noticed after the update to V1.0

there is a noticable  vignetting when you crouch.

The bleeding seems to be far more excessive after being hit by a zombie. 

got to day 5 on saturday before i had to stop.... a bit of a learning curve on some things and others remain the same. Overall still enjoying the game after 3000 hours !