Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

On 8/26/2024 at 10:48 PM, schwanz9000 said:

There is no zombie deer.

Not that I am complaining or anything, but I find this amusing considering that there is a disease that kinda makes deer like zombies irl.

Real Life: Has zombie deer.

Zombie Game: No zombie deer.

lol. Did someone there lose a -drumroll here- DEER pet to the disease? -tch!!-

In all seriousness, I feel the gyro scene is a wasted opportunity. Bring back the old one AND keep the new one. Touch up the old if needed to make it fit in.

Make the newer one tougher, has 2 seat capability instead of only ever one AND more storage space since it is now a 2 man show, BUT in return make it more expensive to make ,with slightly slower movement and more fuel consumption.

Light Gyro  and  Heavy Gyro. Unlocked at the same time.

1 hour ago, Grimael said:

In all seriousness, I feel the gyro scene is a wasted opportunity. Bring back the old one AND keep the new one. Touch up the old if needed to make it fit in.

Make the newer one tougher, has 2 seat capability instead of only ever one AND more storage space since it is now a 2 man show, BUT in return make it more expensive to make ,with slightly slower movement and more fuel consumption.

Light Gyro  and  Heavy Gyro. Unlocked at the same time.

What would the benefit of that be, other than looks?  You say they are two types, but you are just going to build the better one, especially if unlocked at the same time.  And they are really just transport.  You don't fight in them.  The only real option that might be different that would be beneficial is a different amount of storage space.  Armor or durability doesn't really matter unless you can't land well.  So if it is just storage, you would build the better one and ignore the other.

On 8/27/2024 at 12:24 AM, Laz Man said:

1. Thanks, will look into this further.

2. Picture is a bit dark.  I see you are in rwg_tile_countryresidential_corner but not sure what you are looking at.  Missing water?  Will probably need you to submit a bug report so we can look into the issue more precisely as it might be map specific.

3.  Thanks, will look into this further.

4.  Mostly bug fixes.  Also been adding more "Wandering" sleepers and audio triggers in some existing POIs where it feels good.  As far as new POIs are concerned, I am working on a large 100x100 commercial remnant POI.

Dear that's big. r lord that's big

Do yall plan on updating navezgane to make citys and stuff look more like random gen? Idkw but the citys there feel like real citys and not spaces 

There's no bearly any towers, Street lamps, power lines, bill boards. Etc and for a hand crafted map. It feels strange 

23 hours ago, Zombiepoptard said:

image.thumb.png.eea4854b2a14627dc0ab6140b7b163b2.pngimage.thumb.png.3464621e5e34ef28f27484801fcd12ab.png

I know it's a zombie apocalypse but I don't want to get depressed while playing a game. lol

If you lower the in-game brightness, it also has an effect of saturating the colors a bit. It kinda looks like your "Colorful" picture when you do it. It also doesn't make the bright parts of the screen darker. It seems more like a contrast boost than a brightness boost.

16 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Dear that's big. r lord that's big

Do yall plan on updating navezgane to make citys and stuff look more like random gen? Idkw but the citys there feel like real citys and not spaces 

There's no bearly any towers, Street lamps, power lines, bill boards. Etc and for a hand crafted map. It feels strange 

Yes, Navezgane will be getting more updates.

On 8/28/2024 at 10:50 AM, Mr. Perfect said:

How did you adjust the colors? Is that something you did to the screenshot afterwards with photoshop, or something in game with ReShade? I wouldn't mind trying it out, at first glance it looks more like an actual forest.

sorry for the late reply. It's from a reshader mod. just type in 7 days to die reshader mod and you'll see it. It would be could if it was a togglable thing in the actual game but oh well it's a mod. 

1 hour ago, Victor.19 said:

Are there any plans for weapon DLC for the game?

There will be upcoming updates and mini-DLCs for sure.

For outfits, the answer is yes. Update that includes new biome(s), highly plausible. We are all craving for more content for sure, I am getting burnt out a bit through trader grind. There has to be some change in dynamics/pacing of how the traders work in the game. 

TFP might think of toning down the gore or having the option to disable dismemberment (for higher frame times also). More copies might be sold that way, children in reality play games that are rated 18+, no matter the regulations, 7DTD is getting better picture quality. It is not the same as running games back in golden 1990-2010s in 240p-720p.  

My only "grief" lies in how currently the armor system is divided and we have to (as players) experience only 4 total sets. 6 pieces might be soothing for most gamers' souls.

Light Protection Suit might be still classified as armor, having normal day-2-day clothing but with the application of a basic chest vest or something. Scrapping normal clothing is anti-climatic and doesn't serve the combination of armor sets either. 

So, perhaps standard clothing + chest vest as Light armor.

Medium and Heavy as all other inventions streaming from TFP.

On 8/30/2024 at 3:06 PM, Jay_ombie said:

Why am I forced to use the stairs all the time ???

20240830194147-1.jpg

Clearly lifts have electricity yet can not use the lift... 😝

giphy-1011976258.gif

Heh.  I've seen that elevator staircase before.  Now that we have elevator doors that can open, it would be fun to do something like that in the game.  :D

Last night I had a really strange thing happen, well for me, for the first time. Yet another friend

has joined us in serverdom, been off world since a16 console. Now has Pc. He logged on far side of map

I got wrapped up trying to instruct him on changes, got caught in open on horde night heading home.

He got killed, on one side of Nav, and Me on the other.  The strange bit is I rezed on my sleeping bag,

he ran to my house. The music continued to play but we walked around the neighborhood from 10:30

gametime til cocks crow and didn't see any other zombies appear.

What if the books might be useful primarily to those who do not have specific skills in their Specialization tree.

It would be nice to still unlock items with progression points but for LVL 6 quality a certain level of books might be required. For example, let`s say I have perked up into a Hunting Rifle, but to get my hands on LVL 6, I need a certain amount of books.

Right now I need X amount of books (no matter if I have used my points) every single time to even craft the item which spoils the fun for me a bit. 

Let`s presume that others might unlock max LVL 5 crafting items (by finding books) without progression points assigned to specialization.

So in other words, with specialization points spent, items up to lvl 5 might be available, lvl 6 requires books for my class.

Other non-perked (no points assigned) might need books for only lvl 5 items at max. 

Idk, if it is clear, but a such system might be more versatile and less deterministic compared to what it is right now.

10 hours ago, Victor.19 said:

When will they correct the position of the pistol and desert vulture? They're too low and you can barely see the character's hand.

Uhh, why do you want to see the hand? I am more interested in seeing the area ahead and the zombies. One reason is dislike some other weapons like one of the shotguns, just too big.

That's my same stance on some weapons and tools, they take over too much screen real estate; something that's been bothering me lately is the burning shaft mod in weapons and tools; for some reason the flame bothers my eyes/takes focus away from the actual game/zombies, don't think anything has changed there, maybe my eyes are just more sensitive lately;        but back to topic, yeah i agree, the focus should be the zombies/whatever we're looking at, not the actual weapons or tools

1 hour ago, GigglingZombie said:

That's my same stance on some weapons and tools, they take over too much screen real estate; something that's been bothering me lately is the burning shaft mod in weapons and tools; for some reason the flame bothers my eyes/takes focus away from the actual game/zombies, don't think anything has changed there, maybe my eyes are just more sensitive lately;        but back to topic, yeah i agree, the focus should be the zombies/whatever we're looking at, not the actual weapons or tools

One of the disadvantages of brass knuckles. No crawling creatures are visible.

5 minutes ago, HB_H4wk said:

Not enough wandering zombies in the city streets.

Yes we do need a Zombie DEER!

that's why i run Khaine's wandering horde mod, keeps me on my toes more, but yes also to have more zombies, it's too quiet out there !; not interested in zombie deer, we're luckily if we see even 1 normal deer (never mind just 1 rabbit, chicken or snake too) ; there's not even any animals left for zombies to eat - remember how awesome it was in A21 when TFP introduced zombies eating animals you killed, if you weren't quick enough to get to the corpse, we said goodbye to that awesome mechanic when they made the world devoid of most wild animals :(

Edited by GigglingZombie (see edit history)

2 hours ago, GigglingZombie said:

that's why i run Khaine's wandering horde mod, keeps me on my toes more, but yes also to have more zombies, it's too quiet out there !; not interested in zombie deer, we're luckily if we see even 1 normal deer (never mind just 1 rabbit, chicken or snake too) ; there's not even any animals left for zombies to eat - remember how awesome it was in A21 when TFP introduced zombies eating animals you killed, if you weren't quick enough to get to the corpse, we said goodbye to that awesome mechanic when they made the world devoid of most wild animals :(

Just put one point into the hunter perk and you will still see animals, granted not as much as before, but enough to occassionally lose one to a zombie