Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

4 hours ago, ScipioAsmodean said:

Looks really nice, but can anyone explain me what is meant with the warning regarding the trader progression? I want to make my own map but I don´t want to break the traders.

From my understanding with a different trader spawning in each biome if you make it too small in a map then there could be a chance that the trader won't spawn there...that is my take on it.

14 minutes ago, gpcstargate said:

Good Day to TFP's

Can we Have Back the Random Traders location as Before ... Personally, I think it was a bad move to stick them in certain Biomes only.

I would Like to have my "JEN" back in the Forest Please. 🙏

Thank You and Hoping you are Having a Great week. 👍

Placing traders in certain biomes is a preparation for the story mode

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

From my understanding with a different trader spawning in each biome if you make it too small in a map then there could be a chance that the trader won't spawn there...that is my take on it.

Good to know. 

Btw, it is true that the shared quests have been removed? Or is there the possiblity to activate it in the options menu? We are playing in Co-Op and it would be very sad to do the quests for your own. 

Yeah most of the challenges are super specific, you have to use the specific tool like harvest with a bone knife (so hunting knife or machete dont count) or you have to harvest a specific thing like steel from a vending machine etc.

So make sure to read the description of the challenge carefully

1 minute ago, Doomofman said:

Yeah most of the challenges are super specific, you have to use the specific tool like harvest with a bone knife (so hunting knife or machete dont count) or you have to harvest a specific thing like steel from a vending machine etc.

So make sure to read the description of the challenge carefully

I personally think this should be changed for the sole reason that if a new player finds a hunting knife early on, skins game with it, and doesn't get the challenge reward, they may think the game is bugged. :) It should classify all skinning tools (or at least both knives plus the machete) as equally valid methods. :)

1 hour ago, ScipioAsmodean said:

Good to know. 

Btw, it is true that the shared quests have been removed? Or is there the possiblity to activate it in the options menu? We are playing in Co-Op and it would be very sad to do the quests for your own. 

Quest sharing now defaults to automatic, which is probably why you can't see how to share a quest: They're already shared.

You can change quest sharing in the options menu, making sharing manual, but if you haven't changed a setting you don't need to.

The other people in your party still have to manually accept each shared quest, but they get offered to the group as soon as you take the quest.

Shared quests no longer count for progression, too. You get the reward but only the original quest taker gets the tier point.

Edited by Uncle Al (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Uncle Al said:

Quest sharing now defaults to automatic, which is probably why you can't see how to share a quest: They're already shared.

You can change quest sharing in the options menu, making sharing manual, but if you haven't changed a setting you don't need to.

The other people in your party still have to manually accept each shared quest, but they get offered to the group as soon as you take the quest.

Shared quests no longer count for progression, too. You get the reward but only the original quest taker gets the tier point.

I can see a meta developing for multiplayer servers where only one person accepts quests and is the sole force behind levelling up the traders for everyone else.

36 minutes ago, Uncle Al said:

So it stays the same except the missing progression? That a is sad solution for coop, so we have to do every tier twice for each person to get the reward and next tier missions. They should have add such a option additionally. 

Edited by ScipioAsmodean (see edit history)

"For those playing 7DTD 1.0 experimental not finding animals to hunt: go out at night, that is when the deer and stag come out. Or get the perk that helps you find animals, meat is plenty abundant, and trader Rekt has lots of food for sale."- Joel on twitter
Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

4 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Love the new zombie variants!  I think the release notes stated more are coming, which is awesome.  One question.

Will the variants always limited to clothing?   4 colors of clothes with 2 different faces and 2 different hair styles could be 16 variants.   etc.

I wouldnt mind seeing the odd zombie missing a limb, like a nurse lost a leg, or they are walking with an arm missing, stuff like that would be a cool randomizer

Am I too stupid to use ladders now or can't you jump at and hang on them anymore? Only way to climb a ladder for me is to "walk" upwards with a ladder block right in front of me (so Zs can use it as well).

I started a small base on a roof top, removed the lowest ladder block as usual but can't reach the ladder anymore myself?!

Edit:

If I press C (crouch) on ladder impact I can stick to it like it used to be. Without C I always fall down.

Edited by PoloPoPo (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Phoenixshade35 said:

I was able to get some and it counted, i did notice though all the challenges for the most part are with the stone ax

Ah I'll have to take a look. I was using a wrench.

Just now, PoloPoPo said:

Am I too stupid to use ladders now or can't you jump at and hang on them anymore? Only way to climb a ladder for me is to "walk" upwards with a ladder block right in front of me (so Zs can use it as well).

I started a small base on a roof top, removed the lowest ladder block as usual but can't reach the ladder anymore myself?!

Nope, that's still in. We're currently using a billboard as a "base" and have the bottom two ladder sections removed, so the only way up is to jump onto the ladder.

1 hour ago, Adam the Waster said:

According to Joel the best time to go hunting Is at night. Cuz that's when deer come out

Ah yes, when the beefy feral zombies come out to play, to eat your kills and eat you.

5 minutes ago, PoloPoPo said:

Edit:

If I press C (crouch) on ladder impact I can stick to it like it used to be. Without C I always fall down.

To answer this myself:

You have to release space bar (jump) in order to stick to the ladder. With space bar still pressed you can't climb a ladder. Has it always been like that? Feels new to me.

1 hour ago, gpcstargate said:

I Still want my "JEN" back in the forest, Lol

I would prefer looking at her than A-Hole Rekt ... Just my thoughts on the subject

Maybe we can get some modders to replace Rekt's graphics with Jen's...

As a throwback to previous alphas when Jen had a male voice. (iirc, a19 is when she finally got a woman's voice; I think it was the same time that trader graphics went HD as well.)

While I think Jen used to channel Trader Joel's voice back then, I think trader Rekt's dialog would be a lot funnier coming out of Jen's mouth.