Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

13 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Hellohi @faatal, not exactly your area of expertise here as far as I know, but I'm just curious if the loading screen cards (for world generation) will eventually be updated? :) Quite a few of them show some outdated zombie models, like the old lumberjack in one and the soldier in another. No biggie, just a tiny nitpick. lol

I can't say I know.

Hi, @faatal I've noticed for a long time that sometimes the administration of dedicated servers lacks functionality or navigation through existing commands applied to players.Will it be added to the release version, something for the Admins.(editing the world, viewing the boundaries of the claim block (as the usual player saw the border), and so on

On 5/29/2024 at 6:34 PM, SylenThunder said:

Yeah, most games won't cater to a resolution that makes up less than 3% of the players.

Maybe only 3% today but we're growing. Once you go ultra wide you never go back

Hey, everybody. English is not my first language, so I apologize for any mistakes.
1) Can you tell me if the new version will add a new difficulty scaling, depending on the number of players on the server?
2) Will there be more options to customize your own dedicated server?
Let me explain. Me and my friends once every six months raise a separate dedicated server. In the configuration files we set the maximum difficulty for opponents. Blood Moon or block damage settings do not change.
We play in one group, we distribute roles. We often go on quests together. Because of this, the level of our items (what we get from merchants for quests), is higher than what we can create. And it often turned out that we use weapons and armor that we can make if we read another 20-30+ books.
And by 7-8 blood moon we have learned all the crafting, have all the weapons, built a separate base in another biome for defense that zombies don't go through. And this is because the game stage is too low, due to player deaths. Can not come exploding zombies, for example.

Therefore, I would like that the game stage would be tied not only to the level of the stage of the player (which seems to be calculated as ( playerLevel + daysSurvived ) * difficultyBonus), and taking into account the level of the merchant, the number of made quests, weapons, killed zombies, etc.

Well and the reward decreased, depending on the players who passed the quest.

And new server options that would reduce the likelihood of rewards and what the merchant can sell, change the frequency of roaming groups of zombies.
In general something that will allow to complicate the game for a group of players by changing basic elements without editing xml-configs

Although maybe it's just us misconfiguring the server and there aren't really any such problems?

5 hours ago, falloutcloud said:

Maybe only 3% today but we're growing. Once you go ultra wide you never go back

Ever since I started playing 7 Days to Die on a 32:9 Samsung G9 Odyssey, I can't go back to 16:9. I tried it and I lose so much info on the sides... It feels like tunnel vision.

7 Days to Die looks beautiful and plays perfectly on a 32:9 monitor. My favorite game on my favorite screen.

4 hours ago, Reaplay said:

Hey, everybody. English is not my first language, so I apologize for any mistakes.
1) Can you tell me if the new version will add a new difficulty scaling, depending on the number of players on the server?
2) Will there be more options to customize your own dedicated server?
Let me explain. Me and my friends once every six months raise a separate dedicated server. In the configuration files we set the maximum difficulty for opponents. Blood Moon or block damage settings do not change.
We play in one group, we distribute roles. We often go on quests together. Because of this, the level of our items (what we get from merchants for quests), is higher than what we can create. And it often turned out that we use weapons and armor that we can make if we read another 20-30+ books.
And by 7-8 blood moon we have learned all the crafting, have all the weapons, built a separate base in another biome for defense that zombies don't go through. And this is because the game stage is too low, due to player deaths. Can not come exploding zombies, for example.

Therefore, I would like that the game stage would be tied not only to the level of the stage of the player (which seems to be calculated as ( playerLevel + daysSurvived ) * difficultyBonus), and taking into account the level of the merchant, the number of made quests, weapons, killed zombies, etc.

Well and the reward decreased, depending on the players who passed the quest.

And new server options that would reduce the likelihood of rewards and what the merchant can sell, change the frequency of roaming groups of zombies.
In general something that will allow to complicate the game for a group of players by changing basic elements without editing xml-configs

Although maybe it's just us misconfiguring the server and there aren't really any such problems?

Unless you're looking for a way to manually change the way game stage  and loot stage works, this just sounds like balancing that needs to be done. I also play with friends, PVE, and have run into this issue as well. One thing that helps is if the players don't limit themselves to only letting the specialized person do that specialty. Like we usually have one person who pumps points into Lucky Looter, so they feel they're the only one who should open loot boxes. This ultimately results in us all getting better loot, but makes it a little boring for the rest of us. Likewise the person who specializes in Tool Crafting or Gun Crafting will make all the tools or guns for us, and we end up with better tools or guns than we would otherwise. This is because PVE allows players to specialize and work as a group.

If this is a problem for you and your team, try spreading the points and magazines out more like you would in a solo game. We often will hit the server alone so it's good to have points and read magazines in other people's specialties in order to play alone.

I agree that PVE needs more balancing though.

12 minutes ago, FramFramson said:

So Brazil or Argentina?

City of Buenos Aires, AR. yeah

9 minutes ago, Doomofman said:

Isn't the stream just over 5 and a half hours from now? In GMT -3 it would be 11pm Friday, no?

i searched on google, CT to GMT and said 2am, don´t know if i did something wrong

1 minute ago, GoldenFox said:

City of Buenos Aires, AR. yeah

i searched on google, CT to GMT and said 2am, don´t know if i did something wrong

Time zones are wild haha. I believe it's 11pm for you