why is the SCREAMER WOMAN so unbalanced?

7daysOfFun

when im at home NO screamer

when im in the city no screamer

when i get Quest 1-3 no screamer

when i get a quest lvl4 or higher , EVERY 30sek since start of quest a get a screamer

when i make a lvl4 house an get 2 the second floor  down at the door are 5 screamers + 50zombies = impossible to make the quest

why its so unbalanced?

Come on, you rot for a couple months first and then try to walk around. You'd scream too!

Oh wait.. :)

But.. how do you clear your POIs? I haven't summoned a screamer yet, done a few T5s .. I do a lot of bows and melee, but I'm not shying away from shotties or boombooms as required (or just fun )..

I've had I think 2 screamers in 80+ hours of A21, which is way fewer than I'd normally expect (I used to get 4-5 a night while mining in A20.)

But if you go through a POI and scrap/loot literally everything, you can get an absurd number of screamers.  I once had so many screamers spawned when I went through the Water Works the zombies were literally falling through the ground (they didn't dig any sort of hole) and attacking me.

i a20 the screamed depends were u live..on some points on the maps (like 300meters) away there you build your base EVERY 2 hours a screamer...in other places NO screamers all time (1 member from us has the problem...we build 6 hoomebases along a street) and the one has lot of screamers

when looting or walking around it was balanced

but in a21

i have this phanomen, i start a 4 or 4+ quest...we shoot 2,3 zombies = screamer... ITS EVERY TIME !!!!

its annoying, because we cant do the quest without visitors from outside

9 minutes ago, 7daysOfFun said:

but in a21

i have this phanomen, i start a 4 or 4+ quest...we shoot 2,3 zombies = screamer... ITS EVERY TIME !!!!

its annoying, because we cant do the quest without visitors from outside

Curious to know if you are going loud without suppressors. In my own A21 game, without a suppressor, I get screamers spawning in if I open fire on a large wandering horde, that's caught me by surprise, with my pipe MG; the first screamer usually shows up at about the time I've expended a third magazine.

If I've remembered to swap the suppressor in, then the noisy, nosey, super Karen does not show up to demand to see my manager.

3 hours ago, mprojekt said:

Curious to know if you are going loud without suppressors. In my own A21 game, without a suppressor, I get screamers spawning in if I open fire on a large wandering horde, that's caught me by surprise, with my pipe MG; the first screamer usually shows up at about the time I've expended a third magazine.

If I've remembered to swap the suppressor in, then the noisy, nosey, super Karen does not show up to demand to see my manager.

Also crouching reduces gun heat generation on top of a supressor, even without it, it makes a diff. With one thou and crouched I think it does 60-70% less heat gen per shot. As for OP, I am guessing they do not understand how heat works and/or possibly doing the mistake every new player does just about which is going gun crazy on slow moving walking zombies that aren't any real threat, just melee them down, or use a bow/crossbow. My current game is on day 12 or so, I still just melee zombies down, don't need guns yet.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Scyris said:

Also crouching reduces gun heat generation on top of a supressor, even without it, it makes a diff. With one thou and crouched I think it does 60-70% less heat gen per shot. As for OP, I am guessing they do not understand how heat works and/or possibly doing the mistake every new player does just about which is going gun crazy on slow moving walking zombies that aren't any real threat, just melee them down, or use a bow/crossbow. My current game is on day 12 or so, I still just melee zombies down, don't need guns yet.

I had been firing willy-nilly, when outdoors, thru some alphas. It was not until I had watched Capp00 or Glock9 perform a sneak-attack with a shotgun, that I tried it out, indoors. I was pleasantly surprised when I did not call the whole POI down on myself. This made me consider the heat mechanic a lot more and how it is affected by my weapon choices in combat. Prior to this, I was only thinking of heat in relation to my base.

Crouch-firing all the firearms became my normal inside all POIs, ever after. When I am outdoors in the forest and the desert, I tend to RP as Frank from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. In snow, I am more careful, but I still go loud and proud if the area is relatively clear of trees and reasonably flat.

The wasteland scares me. It whispers, "Weee are going to eeeat yooour faaace," so I don't use firearms there without a suppressor and when I do, I am crouched.

5 hours ago, mprojekt said:

I had been firing willy-nilly, when outdoors, thru some alphas. It was not until I had watched Capp00 or Glock9 perform a sneak-attack with a shotgun, that I tried it out, indoors. I was pleasantly surprised when I did not call the whole POI down on myself. This made me consider the heat mechanic a lot more and how it is affected by my weapon choices in combat. Prior to this, I was only thinking of heat in relation to my base.

Crouch-firing all the firearms became my normal inside all POIs, ever after. When I am outdoors in the forest and the desert, I tend to RP as Frank from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. In snow, I am more careful, but I still go loud and proud if the area is relatively clear of trees and reasonably flat.

The wasteland scares me. It whispers, "Weee are going to eeeat yooour faaace," so I don't use firearms there without a suppressor and when I do, I am crouched.

Generally its best to always crouch and use a supressor period on any gun. Unless you don't really care about heatmap or your just doing a small poi. Only thing i'd kinda argue against using one is the shotgun, buckshot already has horrid effective range, and the silencer mod makes this even worse. On most other guns the range hit is negligable as in most cases even with the pistol your in the effective range inside a poi.

Because as we all know - crouching with a gun makes it quieter...

The little bullets know you're crouching when they leave the gun, so they whisper "Shuuusshh" to each other and file out quietly.

That's why the SAS are always crouching...

today we made a snow quest 4+1,5  (with 3 players)

after shooting 3 zombies > 1 screamer, after then all 30sek a new screamer...we dont had a chance to enter the building because it was so much zombies outside, it was impossible

we have counted 13screamer in 12min...

we made a quest lvl 3 NO screamer...lvl 2 NO screamer, lvl1 no screamer..only at 4+

whats going wrong

10 minutes ago, 7daysOfFun said:

after shooting 3 zombies > 1 screamer, after then all 30sek a new screamer...we dont had a chance to enter the building because it was so much zombies outside, it was impossible

we made a quest lvl 3 NO screamer...lvl 2 NO screamer, lvl1 no screamer..only at 4+

whats going wrong

This almost sounds like a bug that happened a few alphas ago where some POIs with torches and candles were contributing to the heat map. From this description it sounds like the heat was already high before you got there and killing just a few zombies was enough to bring it past the threshold and trigger a screamer.

11 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:
11 hours ago, 7daysOfFun said:

whats going wrong

This almost sounds like a bug

After about 80 hours in A21, I've had a single screamer that wasn't mining related, and that was clearing a T6 infestation. So yeah, definitely sounds like a bug.

Just now, Mastermind said:

After about 80 hours in A21, I've had a single screamer that wasn't mining related, and that was clearing a T6 infestation. So yeah, definitely sounds like a bug.

Someone will have to walk around with the heatmap debug display on and see if they can find the problem POI and report it, if this is indeed the case.

8 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

How were you clearing that T6 infestation PO?

1 minute ago, BFT2020 said:

How were you clearing that T6 infestation PO?

A mix of sledgehammer and shotgun with some silenced sniper rifle thrown in the mix, like every other T6 Quest before. But before that, I had actually forgot that gunshot can call screamers. 

6 hours ago, Mastermind said:

A mix of sledgehammer and shotgun with some silenced sniper rifle thrown in the mix, like every other T6 Quest before. But before that, I had actually forgot that gunshot can call screamers. 

Yeah that was what I was thinking.  A shotgun in a POI is going to attract a lot of attention.  When I was testing some custom quests I was making, killing a lot of zombies with any ranged weapon not silenced was drawing screamers to me like flies to honey.

23 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

Yeah that was what I was thinking.  A shotgun in a POI is going to attract a lot of attention.  When I was testing some custom quests I was making, killing a lot of zombies with any ranged weapon not silenced was drawing screamers to me like flies to honey.

Um? They were saying the exact opposite was happening.

7 hours ago, Mastermind said:

15 hours ago, Mastermind said:

In my current a21 stable game, I am on day 7 morning ish, I came back to base (I have 5 dew collectors and 2 forges going melting stuff) and had not one but 2 screamers waiting for me. Thankfully it was day 7 so all they summoned were slow walking fodder zombies, but this is going to get really annoying later on when they start summoning worse things.

Day 23, Base set up on the Jeffelon Zuckergate Estate.  One forge,  One workshop, one cement mixer,  one campfire..  Still maybe 4 torches around the building, I started replacing most of them with lanterns since Day 8.   Oh and three dew collectors high up on the roof.   Playing with two others, and since Day.........16 or 17,  We started getting screamers coming to the building walls and wailing on them whether anyone is at the base or not.  It seems the time factor between screamers is roughly 3-4 game hours.  Getting visits from screamers whether there is lots of heat...or very little.  ( Usually one forge left running when we all go out).   Our wall by the East side of the Estate has been breached three times and when One of us arrives back at base after a wall breach, they have reported a half dozen zeds roaming around the inner yard smashing at random items and doors.  Since Day 20 We are having to take turns going out to explore and loot, because someone 'has' to stay at the base to fend off the screamers and zeds.  I really have no clue why we are seeing soooo many screamers right now.

i will start ther heatmap next time when we enter a 4+ building

i my homebase the wrought (its the right word i translated it, i mean this thing where i produce metal)

its running 24h, i never make it off, i have 8 torches around my building, 4 flaming barrels in front, 4 latern light , the cooking station is 24h running

NO SCREAMER all time

yesterday we had 1 screamer at the house from a friend (20meter distance) he has ALL OFF...no flames no nothing with flames and the screamer woman runs to his house ^^

32 minutes ago, 7daysOfFun said:

wrought

"Forge", in the game terms and closer to a useful word for reality as well.

33 minutes ago, 7daysOfFun said:

no flames no nothing with flames and the screamer woman runs to his house ^^

Sounds like she just really likes the way your friend smells ... :)

1 hour ago, PoppaSmirk said:

Day 23, Base set up on the Jeffelon Zuckergate Estate.  One forge,  One workshop, one cement mixer,  one campfire..  Still maybe 4 torches around the building, I started replacing most of them with lanterns since Day 8.   Oh and three dew collectors high up on the roof.   Playing with two others, and since Day.........16 or 17,  We started getting screamers coming to the building walls and wailing on them whether anyone is at the base or not.  It seems the time factor between screamers is roughly 3-4 game hours.  Getting visits from screamers whether there is lots of heat...or very little.  ( Usually one forge left running when we all go out).   Our wall by the East side of the Estate has been breached three times and when One of us arrives back at base after a wall breach, they have reported a half dozen zeds roaming around the inner yard smashing at random items and doors.  Since Day 20 We are having to take turns going out to explore and loot, because someone 'has' to stay at the base to fend off the screamers and zeds.  I really have no clue why we are seeing soooo many screamers right now.

If you are all away from your base all zombies will despawn. You don't need someone stay home, it is even detrimental as it is his presence that makes them spawn.

AFAIK the screamers you see at your base when you come back were spawned because the heat reached 100% a long time ago and it only resets once you come back and the area gets loaded.

The best defense against the normal screamers are spike traps around the house or in your case around the walls of the house. If they don't see any of you they will simply walk into the traps and get killed because they don't have many hitpoints.