Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Mags, is it possible to make each town or city have a post office, townhall, or police station. 1 or all three. and place a crate in 1 of those 3 poi's that give the white river citizen quest? this way people have a way to find the closest trade post to the town?

a very good idea (I also had myself), but

Its not possible by using a automated process atm - not in Nitrogen and also not with rwgmixer.xml !

U could exchange prefabs from the generated prefabs.xml to fill in manually, but thats a hack of work.

(U have to know the prefabnames, the coords and the right sizes of the prefabs u want to be exchanged)

a very good idea (I also had myself), but

Its not possible by using a automated process atm - not in Nitrogen and also not with rwgmixer.xml !

U could exchange prefabs from the generated prefabs.xml to fill in manually, but thats a hack of work.

(U have to know the prefabnames, the coords and the right sizes of the prefabs u want to be exchanged)

I think perhaps just making a white river citizen quest note, with no xp, and add it to the mailbox loot list will have to be a way then. I will work on that.

How do I do it if I want to install most of the compo pack but not necessarily everything? If I delete the prefabs I don't want from the prefabs folders before replacing the vanilla one, will that do it? Or do I also need to go in and edit the rwg xml file to prevent issues? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new to this. (also sorry if someone asked this somewhere in this thread already. There are over 200 hundred pages... I couldn't find it. :p)

I Recommend to install the whole COMPOPACK

(when I say "install" I mean just copy/paste the prefabfiles into the prefabsfolder and rwgmixer.xml into the configfolder)

Then u have to edit the rwgmixer.xml and remove every line u dont want

Dont just remove the prefabfiles only - this will bring erros !!!

I Recommend to install the whole COMPOPACK

(when I say "install" I mean just copy/paste the prefabfiles into the prefabsfolder and rwgmixer.xml into the configfolder)

Then u have to edit the rwgmixer.xml and remove every line u dont want

Dont just remove the prefabfiles only - this will bring erros !!!

That's what I wanted to know! Thanks!

in the 43 version are all the prefabs set with sleeper spawns and questable? i would like if all were so i can reset them when they collapse.. iv had many prefabs collapse on me due to trees growing inside and also just breaking or touching a block cause a collapse..

about 40% of the COMPO-prefabs have quests enabled

about 70% of the COMPO-prefabs have Sleepers enabled

here is an outdated (but still 90% correct) detailed list from COMPOPACK34

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?28057-Compo-Pack-for-Random-Gen&p=907670&viewfull=1#post907670

my plan for further CP's is to get more quests-POI's enabled

and I need to do a big overhaul on most of the Sleeper-Volumes to make the prefabs more exiting and balanced again

Iam sorry to hear u have collapsing POI's and trees growing inside of prefabs

just FYI:

a few prefabs have indeed trees inside the buildings (for decoration-purpose)

but u can devide them from misplaced (randomly) placed trees, because they are rest in kinda pots and looks right on their places

(offtopic: another topic is the branches of trees glitching throw blocks and walls)

I really would like to see these Issues with my own eyes, to check where's the problem

but I never had those Issues during my gameplays, and never saw a pic or vid from it.

The 2nd question is: Was the map generated with Nitrogen or ingame-rwg-generation ?

(but however - IMO these Issues belongs to a game/rwg-bug !!!)

i have had the theme park and airport with terminal both collapse just by walking on parts... i can reset the terminal but in 42 i cannot the theme park i think in 43 u added sleepers and quest to theme park but im looking for more prefabs that i can reset due to players just trashing buildings or collapsing issues as for the trees i think on my next nitro gen i know how to fix the problem with the trees... now is it possible to added sleepers and reset-able quest to the prefabs that dont have them by using the prefab editor before map generation? and do you have a list of the prefabs that dont have sleepers or quest just to make it easier?

TY

i have had the theme park and airport with terminal both collapse just by walking on parts... i can reset the terminal but in 42 i cannot the theme park i think in 43 u added sleepers and quest to theme park but im looking for more prefabs that i can reset due to players just trashing buildings or collapsing issues as for the trees i think on my next nitro gen i know how to fix the problem with the trees... now is it possible to added sleepers and reset-able quest to the prefabs that dont have them by using the prefab editor before map generation? and do you have a list of the prefabs that dont have sleepers or quest just to make it easier?

TY

I will check its values and see if they are correct for the theme park. It doesnt collapse for me. When i get home

Hello, I am new to this, and I was wondering do the Orginal POI's still in the game with the compo pack, for example, will I maybe encounter a military base still?

Yes. you will find all of the games buildings.

Some (actually lots of them) have been rebuilt and fixed by the modding community and end up in compopack.

Sometimes in game you will get two (say) houses that look exactly alike close to each other... but when you go inside you will see differences.

Ive been running compopack forever and I always see buildings from both the defaults and compo...

... So dont worry and download compo and nitrogen... with a little patience and reading here at the forums you will be generating worlds that you will be loving to play in.

Yes. you will find all of the games buildings.

Some (actually lots of them) have been rebuilt and fixed by the modding community and end up in compopack.

Sometimes in game you will get two (say) houses that look exactly alike close to each other... but when you go inside you will see differences.

Ive been running compopack forever and I always see buildings from both the defaults and compo...

... So dont worry and download compo and nitrogen... with a little patience and reading here at the forums you will be generating worlds that you will be loving to play in.

Yes, I've already started!

Hello All!

I have used compopack with NitroGen on my local computer to create some amazing and beautiful maps. I have been trying to do the same on a server that I am setting up. I have created the NitroGen map as per usual, and uploaded the compopack objects into ./Data/prefabs, but whenever I start the server it goes though all the prefabs saying they cannot be found, skipping. Even though I can validate the files and that they all exist in the directory. I have tried SFTPing the files directly from my PC, copying the zip up to the server and unzipping. I checked file permissions... No luck. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction....

@c0verfire

I never heard of SFTPing - sry

and overall Iam not a pro with setting up servers (havent done that since A12) - I really dont know what all maybe have changed now in A18

I know there is something called "xpath" and also the modlet-stuff out there, but COMPOPACK doesnt care at all (esp in the Alpha-phase).

back in the days I just rented a server and uploaded the CP-files via ftptool (e.g. filezilla) into the server`s gamedirectories(prefabfiles into %/prefabs/ and rwgmixer.xml into %/config/ )

- then I started the server, joined the server and played the game.

Iam pretty sure this method still works today

(dont forget to take a look into the games config-textfile and admin-textfile to edit the worldrules and settings)

thats all i know about

Hi Magoli,

Hope you're doing well, awesome work keeping this pack updated as and when you can!

General feedback:

Going back through memorable POIs in compopack 43 and was wondering if it was intentional to have the ground blocks covered in either dirt or asphalt? I know this wasn't an issue up until A17+A18 where the ground is blending with POIs during generation.

Example, in this POI 'Fluffy Bottoms Pet Store' you can see the blocks are covered in a dirt - image.

Another reason I mention this is that dirt covers the outside concrete blocks on Paintball Arena POI that you never see, they could be alternatives for pavement but would require plates or 1/2 blocks to be seen in this parking lot.

Also, there's a HUGE retirement-esk shopping mall 'HN' (not sure the name hence the image) POI that spawns in cities and it tanks my fps pretty hard, down from 90's to 26fps with custom 2080 Ti, can you have this spawn in the wilderness as an out the town mall instead and note I used Nitro with default cities - image?

Magoli -- I have a couple prefabs I'd like to donate to the COMPOPACK. What's the best way to provide it to you for inclusion?

Making a post in prefab thread. uploading your prefab and pics and mags will see it as well letting him know here with a link to your post

I didn't wanna post this as a bug report 'cause its pretty trivial but ...

During a massive cleanup and restructure of my prefabs folder (getting ready to make a new Nitrogen map)

I noticed this house_new_mansion_03.xml has no other files associated with it and wondered if anyone else has noticed, like the fun pimps.

I'm sure it was just an oversight on their part, but now I wanna see this so called NEW_MANSION set that they are making... I'm intrigued asnd confused.

Anyone shed some light on the missing files or am I right in saying that it was just a mistake by TFP crew cause of late nights and not enough coffee :)

Archived