Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

I am new to the modding World and need some help please. I managed to download Nitrogen and it works great.

But how can i install the Compo Pack Mod into my Nitrogen generated world after unpacking...What do i need to copy where ?! Thanks

I am new to the modding World and need some help please. I managed to download Nitrogen and it works great.

But how can i install the Compo Pack Mod into my Nitrogen generated world after unpacking...What do i need to copy where ?! Thanks

just follow the CP-instructions and than exchange the prefablist from COMPOPACK with the default One in your Nitrogen/Resources folder

when u than generate a map with Nitrogen u have a world with Vanilla- AND COMPOPACK-prefabs

Hi, first time CP user here. I copied the prefabs and rwgmixer files. I see a folder called Nitrogen-files. I also use Nitrogen from time to time. Do I need to do anything with the files in that folder?

It belongs which tool you use to generate the map - tfp's ingame random-map-generator or the NITROGEN tool !

If you use the ingame rwg-generator you dont have to do anymore - u are prepared to generate a map

If you wanna use a Nitrogen-map:

1. Copy the Nitrogenfiles from CP42-download into your Nitrogen/Resources-folder

2. generate a map

3. open Nitrogen's output Folder and copy/paste the folder of the map u wanna play there:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie

4. Start the game - choose NEW GAME - choose the map u want to play - click start

It belongs which tool you use to generate the map - tfp's ingame random-map-generator or the NITROGEN tool !

If you use the ingame rwg-generator you dont have to do anymore - u are prepared to generate a map

If you wanna use a Nitrogen-map:

1. Copy the Nitrogenfiles from CP42-download into your Nitrogen/Resources-folder

2. generate a map

3. open Nitrogen's output Folder and copy/paste the folder of the map u wanna play there:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie

4. Start the game - choose NEW GAME - choose the map u want to play - click start

This is what I was looking for. Thank you.

got a quest from Trader (Tier 3 Fetch) for the xcostum_NSiteMissileSilo(byEphoie) .

There is no Rally point visible. According to the distant i'm on it, but there is nothing to activate.

Is this a bug with the POI or different problem?

yes - ur right - the questrallymarker-sign is missing in this POI

thanks for the headsup

will fix this in the next update

Thanks Magoli, i got it Running! It is fantastic, got to a „trader“ with around 25 Zombies in it waiting for me...also all the huge Buildings are very cool stuff! i only have one little issue, i died 2 Times on the First day due to mines (i guess, as there was an Explosion and i was flying through the air) i couldnt see as the Block i destroyed did not dissapear. I mean I can run through it but the texture stays there if u know what i mean :)

Thanks Magoli, i got it Running! It is fantastic, got to a „trader“ with around 25 Zombies in it waiting for me...also all the huge Buildings are very cool stuff! i only have one little issue, i died 2 Times on the First day due to mines (i guess, as there was an Explosion and i was flying through the air) i couldnt see as the Block i destroyed did not dissapear. I mean I can run through it but the texture stays there if u know what i mean :)

no - i dont know exactly wjat u mean

There are some prefabs that have mines in it (also 1 or 2 with cookingPotMines in houses XD !!!)

And there is in fact one trader that acts as pseudotrader-POI

the case with the staying texture (kinda invisible skeletton of the destroyed block) i noticed a few times myself in A18

This is IMO a very unique gamebug (not related to the CP IMO)

Question, regarding compatibility with character saves (Player folder)

I want to transfer character's inventories/levels/skills/etc from a Nitrogen generated map which was generated WITHOUT CompoPack, using only stock POI's to a new Nitrogen generated map using CompoPack42.

I made the new map and the world loads fine and all the new POI's from your pack are there, but I cannot get my character to transfer, every time I load into the world, I start off level 1 fresh character and the server overwrites the Player files. Almost like the server is finding the player files as invalid or corrupt (but they work fine in the map I'm trying to transfer the player's from)

If there's an issue with compatibility between Player files on maps made without custom prefabs and with, please let me know, but I thought the Player files only saved info about your character and nothing regarding the map.

(for reference I'm talking about the character files stored in Save/MapName/GameName/Players on dedicated or appdata/roaming/7daystodie/saves/MapName/GameName/Players on single player which is how you normally transfer over a character to a new map.)

I'm having a indexoutofrangeexception: index was outaide of the bounds of the array error when loading up a new nitrogen map with these prefabs, and i unpacked and copied the files into my prefabs on my game files, i dont get any errors of missing stuff not sure whats up. Game works fine on every other one of my worlds.

Question, regarding compatibility with character saves (Player folder)

I want to transfer character's inventories/levels/skills/etc from a Nitrogen generated map which was generated WITHOUT CompoPack, using only stock POI's to a new Nitrogen generated map using CompoPack42.

I made the new map and the world loads fine and all the new POI's from your pack are there, but I cannot get my character to transfer, every time I load into the world, I start off level 1 fresh character and the server overwrites the Player files. Almost like the server is finding the player files as invalid or corrupt (but they work fine in the map I'm trying to transfer the player's from)

If there's an issue with compatibility between Player files on maps made without custom prefabs and with, please let me know, but I thought the Player files only saved info about your character and nothing regarding the map.

(for reference I'm talking about the character files stored in Save/MapName/GameName/Players on dedicated or appdata/roaming/7daystodie/saves/MapName/GameName/Players on single player which is how you normally transfer over a character to a new map.)

Idk in which places all the player-character-saves are done

All I can say CP has nothing to do with player-stats

I personaly was never successful when trying to get an other character to other worlds

Magoli, I'm facing an issue on two pois, I see walls that are actually not there, I can go through them and its like a big box around the POI, once inside things look normal.

those walls are also flashing sometimes

one of the pois is the airport

is this a known issue?

I never had or saw such Issue before

The airport(s) are pretty new prefabs - I put them in CP42, but didnt examined them in a real gameplay

I will give feedback when I encounter them in my actual survivalgame

In the editor(s) the prefabs looked ok

However there are some strange wierd situations with Pillars or chunks of terrain where they shouldnt be.

IMO this is related to the game itself and has nothing to do with CP

I'm having a indexoutofrangeexception: index was outaide of the bounds of the array error when loading up a new nitrogen map with these prefabs, and i unpacked and copied the files into my prefabs on my game files, i dont get any errors of missing stuff not sure whats up. Game works fine on every other one of my worlds.

idk for sure what this belongs to

maybe u have used some strange settings for Nitrogen's world-generation?

have u used a new fresh seedname (folder) ?

pls try to generate another map and check your gamefiles

Can we use compopack when playing on different servers? Our players have a few servers where they play on, but only ours will come with compopack. Is this a problem? Because you have to overwrite files.

There are no problems with playing on several worlds with CP

The only file that have to be overwritten is the rwgmixer.xml

And this u only have to do when u want to generate a gamegenerated rwg-map

If u use Nitrogen to generate ur maps u dont have to overwrite the rwgmixer.xml at all

If its not u who generate the world u just gonna have the prefabs copied to ur 7d-prefabs-folder and u are prepared to join any map u like

(no matter if Nitrogen- or vanillamaps)

I never had or saw such Issue before

The airport(s) are pretty new prefabs - I put them in CP42, but didnt examined them in a real gameplay

I will give feedback when I encounter them in my actual survivalgame

In the editor(s) the prefabs looked ok

However there are some strange wierd situations with Pillars or chunks of terrain where they shouldnt be.

IMO this is related to the game itself and has nothing to do with CP

I recorded it so u can have a better idea of what I'm facing. PLEASE excuse my English.

I thought about video settings but two other players went there and saw the same

it happens in both airport pois, both have tier 5 quests. Also, the quest exclamation point in the airport didn't appear, nor did the satchel position in airport2 (the military thing).

thank you for the amazing work tho!!

edit: video link

I recorded it so u can have a better idea of what I'm facing. PLEASE excuse my English.

I thought about video settings but two other players went there and saw the same

it happens in both airport pois, both have tier 5 quests. Also, the quest exclamation point in the airport didn't appear, nor did the satchel position in airport2 (the military thing).

thank you for the amazing work tho!!

edit: video link

Thats a mesh issue. When you create the mesh (the imposter) in the prefab editor sometimes it bugs out and doesnt do it properly and will need to be redone in the prefab editor.

Normally happens with the big prefabs.

Archived