Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Hey! I have this weird problem with compo-pack 43 when used with nitrogen. It's weird because no one else has it on the server we play on. We all + the server naturally have the same compo. But I seem to be the only one getting flickering graphics and walls that are not supposed to be there and which I can walk right through. If I reboot the game, I get the immediate area to work, but about one min walk in any direction the graphics start flickering and there come the extra walls and objects in POI's. Any idea what's wrong? Tried searching but I'm not really sure what to look for... What I've done so far is rebooting everything, changing graphics settings, integrity check, uninstalling and re-installing, renaming the file in appdata\roaming. After the last one I got the game at joining the server to complain about about a handful prefabs with warnings and errors. If you need any further clues, I'm happy to help, because so far the compo is just awesome.

e. And the only mod required client side is this FarmLifeV3 mod.
https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/772?tab=files

e2. Been trying to sort it out here too.

On 5/12/2020 at 12:36 PM, Robbing Zombie said:

Hey! I have this weird problem with compo-pack 43 when used with nitrogen. It's weird because no one else has it on the server we play on. We all + the server naturally have the same compo. But I seem to be the only one getting flickering graphics and walls that are not supposed to be there and which I can walk right through. If I reboot the game, I get the immediate area to work, but about one min walk in any direction the graphics start flickering and there come the extra walls and objects in POI's. Any idea what's wrong? Tried searching but I'm not really sure what to look for... What I've done so far is rebooting everything, changing graphics settings, integrity check, uninstalling and re-installing, renaming the file in appdata\roaming. After the last one I got the game at joining the server to complain about about a handful prefabs with warnings and errors. If you need any further clues, I'm happy to help, because so far the compo is just awesome.

e. And the only mod required client side is this FarmLifeV3 mod.
https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/772?tab=files

e2. Been trying to sort it out here too.

You aren't the only one having this issue.  Same here.  Some things are fine, some are filled with blocks that flicker, some have weird insubstantial blocks where regular ones should be (i.e., the block is textured on the outside, as well as the actual mesh of the object).....makes it very difficult because it sometimes you can't see what you are doing or whether or not you actually are where you think......or what is around you.  Sometimes windows have Sink top textures facing outward.  Garbage piles can have grey mini-blocks in the middle.

I'm running at 4k resolution on SLI'd 1080 GTX nvidia cards, on a 16k Nitrogen/CompoPack43 random map, on a box with 32GB ram.  Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS.  7D2D 18.4(b4).

I'm personally thinking a lot of the extra custom textures from the CompoPack are causing Unity/7D to have too many to deal with.  I'm not a Unity guru, but I am a developer and know that there are limits to how many can be loaded at one time.....and I've seen several "unloaded" messages in the logs (along with a "can't find detail shader, using default shader" messages in there as well.)

I haven't updated my graphics driver in a while.  Is yours up-to-date?

1 hour ago, FileMachete said:

Are there any alternative download sites?

Doesn't appear to be any way to download this from Dropbox unless you have an account with them...

Click the "no thanks, continue to view" when it prompts you to login/signup, then in the upper right corner, there's a downward arrow icon, click that to download.  No login needed.

4 hours ago, HeliumPhoenix said:

Click the "no thanks, continue to view" when it prompts you to login/signup, then in the upper right corner, there's a downward arrow icon, click that to download.  No login needed.

Thanks a bunch @HeliumPhoenix :rockon: ... I would've sworn that icon wasn't there earlier, even after "allowing all" in FF/NoScript, but I see it now... :suspicious:

that's two, at least, I've shanked today... sheesh! ... :doh:

Enjoy the pack!  Word of warning, the quad trader prefab is a potential deathtrap.  Fall in the spike moat, you are trapped, cannot get out (unless in god mode,) taking damage, will die, and your backpack will be at the bottom too far to reach to retrieve.  Found that out the hard way an couple of hours ago.   Had to exit, enable cheats, go back in, enable god mode, and only THEN could I retrieve my backpack full of my good tools and such.

Which for a trader location (where the blocks are indestructible anyway) that seems a bit severe.  I didn't even think about it, because the first time I went in, I walked right over it (1-block wide, 3-block deep) and didn't fall.  When I tried to sneak in the next time (I run stealth builds usually) out of habit I entered sneak when I got off my vehicle.  Fell in that time, and discovered how deadly a trap it is....

Just a feedback... Uhm, some of these prefabs are... how do I say it, not adhere the spirit of the game? The strobing light POI make my head hurts (I don't even have epilepsy), some POIs just require bashing metal doors instead finding clever way in, and some have too many sealed loot boxes (variety shop is one I think of but there also mundane houses with not much zombies that have tons of loots). I have removed them from RWGMixer but it kind of too late for my save file now. 

Oh, I love the abandoned trader prefab, I almost trapped there! Very eerie.  

On 5/24/2020 at 2:29 PM, Woestwatje said:

I'm not sure if this prefab should be destroyed... But if it should not be, is there a way to delete it? I'm using Compo pack for the first time, and I use Nitrogen as well.

Naamloos5.png

You have some area destroyed like building, house ...

If you dont want, you need to remove them from the prefablist before create your map in nitrogen ;)

I did that's, and keep only the prefab I want. So you can exactly choose your style ;)

@Magoli The prefab xcostum_Bavarian_Bowse_Shop(by_magoli) does not seem to have a rally marker for quests. I've edited the prefab myself to have one so I can complete my trader quest and I will keep my eyes out for any others that may have similar issues.

On 5/25/2020 at 8:20 PM, marcou44 said:

You have some area destroyed like building, house ...

If you dont want, you need to remove them from the prefablist before create your map in nitrogen ;)

I did that's, and keep only the prefab I want. So you can exactly choose your style ;)

Thanks, but do you know a simple way to preview prefabs? I'm not really into that

9 minutes ago, TopMinder said:

Each prefab has a small jpg preview picture, through which you can get a name based on its appearance.

Thanks! Delete the prefab files and than delete the line in which the prefab is mentioned in the XML file will do it, right.

Thanks for helping us noobs out, its hard work as there is little in way of instructions at times, like I have nitro + combo pack 43 but I cant see any instructions on what to do with nitro?  Okay there are 'nitro files' in the combo pack with a configUI and prefablist, so I checked Nitro and could see where to overwrite the files (guessing thats what to do) but then when I go into nitrogen, I still only see the option to prefab from combo pack 42, custom list or vanilla.....I assume that I need to instead select from custom list perhaps but no idea how that works.   Other than that I will look at the xml file and delete the POI that are of no interest....thanks guys

You have to copy this two files:

configUI

prefablist_CP43

from the Nitrogen-files file folder in the CP43 download

into the NitroGen_WorldGenerator/resources folder

then you can change in NitroGen under prefab list to Compo Pack 43

Generate a new world, copy the generated maps (the whole map folder) from NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output

to your gamefolder 7 Days To Die/Data/Worlds folder and all the CP43 Prefabs to 7 Days To Die/Data/Prefabs

The you can load the generated map in your 7 Days to die game and play a new game

First of all thank you for offering this pack which considerably increases the lifespan of the game (in singleplayer above all).

But I would have a suggestion (well if it's possible to do it without too much effort with an editing text file prrrrrogram or other).

For me most of the POIS in the pack are @%$*#!, my goal is to explore all POIS then keep only the ones I like in a personalized pack.
For this, the ideal would be a generated map which spawns each POIS only 1 time. (I could do this in the prefab editor but I want to do it ingame.)

Im using the prefabs together with nitrogen, and  geting some freaky stuff, cities completely underwater, or glitched with huge walls of water in the streets. My guess is that im messing up with the nitrogen options. Did someone else has the same issue?

On 6/6/2020 at 11:35 PM, caerro said:

Im using the prefabs together with nitrogen, and  geting some freaky stuff, cities completely underwater, or glitched with huge walls of water in the streets. My guess is that im messing up with the nitrogen options. Did someone else has the same issue?

Yes, when I tried to do "more rivers". When I do standard rivers with the same seed, the underwater cities didn't generate.

3 hours ago, Ti2xGr said:

Yes, when I tried to do "more rivers". When I do standard rivers with the same seed, the underwater cities didn't generate.

I ended up setting nitrogen to default and it worked, it must have been the rivers, thanks for the heads up. 

On 5/20/2020 at 8:12 AM, HeliumPhoenix said:

Enjoy the pack!  Word of warning, the quad trader prefab is a potential deathtrap.  Fall in the spike moat, you are trapped, cannot get out (unless in god mode,) taking damage, will die, and your backpack will be at the bottom too far to reach to retrieve.  Found that out the hard way an couple of hours ago.   Had to exit, enable cheats, go back in, enable god mode, and only THEN could I retrieve my backpack full of my good tools and such.

Which for a trader location (where the blocks are indestructible anyway) that seems a bit severe.  I didn't even think about it, because the first time I went in, I walked right over it (1-block wide, 3-block deep) and didn't fall.  When I tried to sneak in the next time (I run stealth builds usually) out of habit I entered sneak when I got off my vehicle.  Fell in that time, and discovered how deadly a trap it is....

Yeah thats one of the Prefabs I made & its killed me a few times haha... Its due to having no locked door as theres nothing in game that fits the gap & doesnt look @%$*#!..

20 hours ago, War3zuk said:

Yeah thats one of the Prefabs I made & its killed me a few times haha... Its due to having no locked door as theres nothing in game that fits the gap & doesnt look @%$*#!..

It (as well as your other prefabs) are very good designs!  Thank you for them.  I just think that it being THAT dangerous is a bit much.  I'd rather let the Z's wander in than risk players being both killed without exit and being unable to retrieve their backpack in that moat.   Even just adding a few ladders out of the moat (you'll have to use some healing or move fast to reach them) so that players can escape.  Sure, the Z's could escape too, but will likely just fall in again.

Archived