Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Now I've got the map loaded on my server and all the buildings show up, but when i get close they despawn. ? anyone know whats up?

what u see from far away are the mesh-files (seems they are there on the server)

but IMO the .tts-files are missing somehow

there must be 6773 files in the prefabs-folder on server-site !

Thats a mesh issue. When you create the mesh (the imposter) in the prefab editor sometimes it bugs out and doesnt do it properly and will need to be redone in the prefab editor.

Normally happens with the big prefabs.

thanks. So, I have to wait for the prefab creator to update it? Anything we can do in the meantime?

also.. @magoli, is it possible to update the satchel location at some point, or is this done by the prefab creator as well?

thank you guys!

edit: just wanted to mention, I decided to walk around the poi and look for the satchel in case it was actually somewhere. I found 3 containers of that type but they were all empty, I assume those are spots it could spawn?

thanks. So, I have to wait for the prefab creator to update it? Anything we can do in the meantime?

also.. @magoli, is it possible to update the satchel location at some point, or is this done by the prefab creator as well?

thank you guys!

edit: just wanted to mention, I decided to walk around the poi and look for the satchel in case it was actually somewhere. I found 3 containers of that type but they were all empty, I assume those are spots it could spawn?

no - u have to wait for me to update it :)

(In most cases the creators to NOT update their works)

questsatchels:

to enable a POI for trader-quests there are 3 things to look for:

1. there must be at Least 1 Sleeper and 1 Sleeper-Volume (clear area and fetchquest)

2. there must be a Quest-Rally-Marker-block inside the prefabs bounds (clear area and fetchquest)

3. there must be at Least 1 quest-random-satchel inside the prefab to enable fetch-quests

(if there are more then 1 quest-satchels the game-engine will choose 1 of them randomly to be the actual active - the other ones will spawn as regular Lootcontainer (from the assigned Lootgroup)

In the xcostum-POI's most times the questsatchels are not so hidden like in the vanilla-POI's

In further Releases my plan is to remove all the questsatchels with easy access and also hide some of them like the vanilla-Ones

ofc u can edit any thing u like by urself with Pille's editor

I DONT RECOMMEND TO USE THE INGAME-EDITOR without finally using Pille's because ingame-editor is bugged

(waterbug / bound-resize-bug)

Pretty much or mags

- - - Updated - - -

no - u have to wait for me to update it :)

(In most cases the creators to NOT update their works)

questsatchels:

to enable a POI for trader-quests there are 3 things to look for:

1. there must be at Least 1 Sleeper and 1 Sleeper-Volume (clear area and fetchquest)

2. there must be a Quest-Rally-Marker-block inside the prefabs bounds (clear area and fetchquest)

3. there must be at Least 1 quest-random-satchel inside the prefab to enable fetch-quests

(if there are more then 1 quest-satchels the game-engine will choose 1 of them randomly to be the actual active - the other ones will spawn as regular Lootcontainer (from the assigned Lootgroup)

In the xcostum-POI's most times the questsatchels are not so hidden like in the vanilla-POI's

In further Releases my plan is to remove all the questsatchels with easy access and also hide some of them like the vanilla-Ones

ofc u can edit any thing u like by urself with Pille's editor

I DONT RECOMMEND TO USE THE INGAME-EDITOR without finally using Pille's because ingame-editor is bugged

(waterbug / bound-resize-bug)

How do you use pille editor to do the mesh (update imposter block lol)

@Stallionsden: Pille's editor dont generate meshes - this we have to do ingame

the ingame-editor-bugs are just take part when saving the prefab ingameeditor

Oh haha I misread lol. Imma ask pille if he can add a mesh creator to his editor tho lol...

Maybe a list of what needs to be fixed in pilles editor that bugs out when saving in the in game editor will be most beneficial for all.

1. Water ?????

I recorded it so u can have a better idea of what I'm facing. PLEASE excuse my English.

I thought about video settings but two other players went there and saw the same

it happens in both airport pois, both have tier 5 quests. Also, the quest exclamation point in the airport didn't appear, nor did the satchel position in airport2 (the military thing).

thank you for the amazing work tho!!

edit: video link

Hey Guys,

I'm having a similar experience to this video. I have odd looking blocks appear and where walls, etc get destroyed...for me I still cannot see that they are gone.

I've followed all instructions to install the compo-pack on the client side. I'm on a friends server who does not experience the same as me.

Any suggestions on a fix? have a look here -

Hey Guys,

I'm having a similar experience to this video. I have odd looking blocks appear and where walls, etc get destroyed...for me I still cannot see that they are gone.

I've followed all instructions to install the compo-pack on the client side. I'm on a friends server who does not experience the same as me.

Yeh the in game mesh creator is bugged as hell . I will be using the commands from now on to do the meshes of my prefabs which pille pointed out to me. They are as follows -

Open the console and enter the commands -

prefab simplify

prefab combine

prefab export

to generate the mesh.

Maybe all us prefabbers should use the commands and not the update imposter function of the in game prefab editor.

Note for mags to I guess

Yeh the in game mesh creator is bugged as hell . I will be using the commands from now on to do the meshes of my prefabs which pille pointed out to me. They are as follows -

Open the console and enter the commands -

prefab simplify

prefab combine

prefab export

to generate the mesh.

Maybe all us prefabbers should use the commands and not the update imposter function of the in game prefab editor.

Note for mags to I guess

tbh I never knew that a ingame-mesh-creator exists

Almost all meshes were created via-console-comands

(All A16-meshes were created with Hal's "meshall"-command and most of the new A17-meshes were created by me also in the console)

When I took prefabs in A17 that already had meshes I dont produced a mesh for that prefab ofc (maybe I should)

But there is another problem relating to that Issue I talk about in the next post....

Hey Guys,

thx for the feedback

... I saw the video - the first thing I saw inner secund is the textures are looking really really wierd in that video, thats a fact !

The prefab in this video is xcostum_SuperStore(by_Volar)

And this is the first part that makes me curios, because this prefab is very old. It never had Issues with the meshfile in A16 and A17.

It also shows up perfect in my actual A18.2 game - and also went through it in my 18.1-survival

Didnt had any Issues at all (MAYBE BECAUSE I PLAY SP !!!!!?????!!!!!)

The meshfile is still the same like it was since meshes was introduced to the game.

I think all of the cases i know of are belonging to MP-maps when I remember right.

SO considring all of that I dont think this is a MESH-ISSUE !!!

IMO this is a network- aka MP-Issue and has something to do with the datas streaming from host (server) to client !!!

Iam pretty sure there is also a bug in the texture-streaming-engine at all (also in SP !!!)

It should be adressed to TFP thou

(if its not ur gxfcard, gfx-settings or directX-driver Issues)(got newest gxf-driver installed ???) but guess not<<

tbh I never knew that a ingame-mesh-creator exists

Almost all meshes were created via-console-comands

(All A16-meshes were created with Hal's "meshall"-command and most of the new A17-meshes were created by me also in the console)

When I took prefabs in A17 that already had meshes I dont produced a mesh for that prefab ofc (maybe I should)

But there is another problem relating to that Issue I talk about in the next post....

Fair point I use the in game mesh creator (also known as update imposter) and this occurs with mine so yeh I will be redoing all my prefabs meshes using the console commands. But the textures one I think you are correct with the issue being MP related as that isn't what I need either with that prefab. But the doors being like that is a mesh issue whether it be game bug or what not that is the mesh showing. Let's hope tfp address this tho soon

Magoli if youd consider adding my new prefabs that would be cool, ignore my sense of humor as 1 of them is a Brutal/Insane Prefab called Auschwitz_Camp_B over 70 z's that all spawn at different moments.. But interesting Loot if you survive & dont cheat..

Mentioned it cos it doesnt get refreshed due to the comments being saved at the start...

guys.. about the visible walls that doesnt exist (the two POIs I showed), I dont get the result. Should I just remove it from the list of prefabs? If I keep it and update compo pack once its fixed, will it fix in an existing world?

prefabs in visited regions will stay

prefabs in unvisited regions will spawn as they actual are (with all the saves being made since it was saved by a editor last time)

when u delete the regionfiles all prefabs will spawn new

(caution to not remove the region ur base is in !!!)

Thanks for all the hard work all have put into this POI pack.

I added it to my server, and used with a Nitrogen Map, and it's like a whole new world now.

The new POI's are fantastic, and you can see that they are the work of many actual gamers that view the game in their unique way.

I recorded it so u can have a better idea of what I'm facing. PLEASE excuse my English.

I thought about video settings but two other players went there and saw the same

it happens in both airport pois, both have tier 5 quests. Also, the quest exclamation point in the airport didn't appear, nor did the satchel position in airport2 (the military thing).

thank you for the amazing work tho!!

edit: video link

It seems that you guys are aware of the mesh issue. I can make this go away if I stay at the poi, log out and log back in it's fixed but once others load some will show up with problem. Kind of sucks the pack looks cool. I'm doing a SP run have a 970 gtx if that helps.

My friend hates playing with mods but i have my own singleplayer game and i was wondering what would happen if i have mods installed like this that he doesnt when i join his game? Will the mod just not take affect or will it mess stuff up

My friend hates playing with mods but i have my own singleplayer game and i was wondering what would happen if i have mods installed like this that he doesnt when i join his game? Will the mod just not take affect or will it mess stuff up

normaly ur friend has at Least to copy the CP-prefabs into his prefabs-folder

If he dont do it he will get a wall of red Messages, but only the first time he joins

When he quits and rejoins he will be fine to play than (because the 2nd time the engine will get the needed datas from the server - and in the future he will have his own save to get the datas)

^^this is a (rude) tricky way to show ur friend what this mod does ;)

Mags

Do you know that xpath now allows you to place prefabs in the prefab folder via xpath in your mods folder.

If ya need a example check out my prefablets....

Credit to chiko` for this info

no I didn't know that

tbh I also dont know what is xpath (in detail)

(I know it has something to do with modlets and these strange mod-folders which are out there)

maybe this has something to with some of the Issue-Msgs I got here in the thread.

(maybe people copied the prefab-files somewhere, but not into the prefabsfolder where they supposed to be)

(maybe prefabfiles are in both folders twice (prefabs and xpath) and this maybe makes problems) - idk!

But anyhow - COMPOPACK has nothing to do with all that stuff

(CP just belongs to the prefabsfolder because of the prefabfiles, the configfolder because of the rwgmixer.xml, and optional the generated-worldsfolder for Nitrogen-maps - thats all)

Everything else is not sure fire IMO

• Roland locked this topic

Archived