Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Curious why it wouldn't work for some. I've got a map generated (using NitroGen) for 18.3 and the 18.3 CompoPack works just fine. When I upgraded to 18.4 originally I was getting game crashes, but reinstall of the game with CompoPack fully fixed that.

looking forward to the 18.4 compopack update.

CompoPack 43 and Nitrogen for Alpha 18 v0.474 worked fine for a server build i did this weekend.

I brain-farted and didn't copy the prefabs to the new build and crashed it the 1st time it ran.

After removing my head from my arse and copying the prefabs to the server it worked 100%.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hv7L7pMq-jXKZMQhAEgntjmHqJg3kOxS/view?usp=sharing

Hi, Please excuse my ignorance to this, as i am new to user prefab usage in map creation, i have created a new map using NotroGen and compo Pack 43 but when i attempt to start the dedicated server i get errors that some of the prefabs can not be found, i have put the porefabs in the data/prefabs/... folder in the dedicated server, but i still have some errors, mostly from items created (by_Tom) and a couple of others.

This is the first time that i have used either resource and i have the latest versions, but NitroGen is saying that the version is 42, not 43 (see Image)

sorry for the noob question.

CompoPack 43 and Nitrogen for Alpha 18 v0.474 worked fine for a server build i did this weekend.

I brain-farted and didn't copy the prefabs to the new build and crashed it the 1st time it ran.

After removing my head from my arse and copying the prefabs to the server it worked 100%.

I know it works, I also know he has done updates to poi's and sleeper spawns + poi questing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hv7L7pMq-jXKZMQhAEgntjmHqJg3kOxS/view?usp=sharing

Hi, Please excuse my ignorance to this, as i am new to user prefab usage in map creation, i have created a new map using NotroGen and compo Pack 43 but when i attempt to start the dedicated server i get errors that some of the prefabs can not be found, i have put the porefabs in the data/prefabs/... folder in the dedicated server, but i still have some errors, mostly from items created (by_Tom) and a couple of others.

This is the first time that i have used either resource and i have the latest versions, but NitroGen is saying that the version is 42, not 43 (see Image)

sorry for the noob question.

After some tweaking I finally got a map to load (JUST NOW). It took a while, because none of what I did was in the instructions, that I could see! But, it makes sense after I found the possible issue. I had the exact same errors you were having when I was loading to my server, that a few of us close friends play on. Anyways, I'll try to explain how, but holler at me if you can't get it to work and I'll help the best I can.

You've done everything up to this point correctly, per your post. Although, there are two '.txt' files in the unzipped "\\Compo_Pack 43\Nitrogen-files" folder called "configUI.txt & prefablist.txt". Go ahead and Copy (Ctrl-C) these two files -- or whenever, then open up the directory where you installed the NitroGen World Generator. Inside the Nitrogen root directory open "resources" folder and locate the two files with the same names as the ones in the Compo-Pack 43 folder, i.e. 'configUI.txt & prefablist.txt'. Next rename both those files to something else like "configUI--Original.txt" , do the same for both files! (or rename to whatever you want, it just helps to know what they are later if needed. It's just to prevent overriding them when you paste the files from Compo-Pack 43. Next, paste the two files from the compo pack folder into the Nitrogen\resources\ folder. You can close and now open the Nitrogen Generator

Last step... I believe, (since I haven't fully tested it as I just now spawned into the working map) is when choosing your settings inside the Nitrogen generator app make sure to leave "prefab list" set to Vanilla (default). This is because those files you pasted, are the ones for the "Vanilla Setting", do not select compo_pack 42, … unless you just want to check it if the other doesn't work... just as I may have to do. Sorry I couldn't fully test it before, but it's bed time! If this doesn't work, holler at me and we'll get together and figure it out through Discord.

Good Luck,

- RC

• 2 weeks later...

20200330174918_1.jpg.d9563ec5931a50e5b262bb004884236e.jpg

20200330103748_1.jpg.143f3a44161e2256b1b89eb1dbb97dd9.jpg

Hello, and anyone has any fix for this? Server has Combopack 43 and i didnt have that until i did download it today. But first picture is without combopack, showing real status of that house (its destoryed days ago). But the render distance is horrible. So i did install the compoback and now i did get the weird looking house back (second picture), but i can walk inside of the texture blocks, since there is nothing real.

Any fix for this? Both pictures are with same settings. First without combopack and second one is with compoback.

hello , I have a problem, days ago I installed compo43 on a dedicated server I have rented it all perfect I download nitrogen I do all the corresponding steps to install it, I create the map and upload it to the server and what is my surprise the houses are seen from afar but Close up they disappear, I have been looking for a solution for almost two weeks. I can't find her. I hope someone can help me.

hello , I have a problem, days ago I installed compo43 on a dedicated server I have rented it all perfect I download nitrogen I do all the corresponding steps to install it, I create the map and upload it to the server and what is my surprise the houses are seen from afar but Close up they disappear, I have been looking for a solution for almost two weeks. I can't find her. I hope someone can help me.

Do you have Compo installed on the Client as well as the server? It needs to be on both.

on the server if I have it installed, the client you mean my pc for example? if so if on my pc I also have it installed, server support tells me that files may be missing but check it and they are all

the rwgmixer file is the only one that I copy and nothing comes out to overwrite the other one

Then you copied it to the wrong directory.

Needs to be copied into the config directory

X:\YOUR_FILE_PATH\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config

I'm guessing you copied it into the same directory as the prefabs instead.

If someone wanted to additional prefabs outside of compo would just placing them in the prehab folder and creating a new map in nitro allow the outside perhaps to spawn?

I'm assuming you'll also have to add it to the rwgmixer.xml since it references that when adding and calculating what POIs to put where and how many and in what Township/groups they should be in.

RWGXMLSS.png.84038a1f20d271fc69093858e1828017.png

Any chance some old and/or poorly made POI could be culled from the pack? Some of these POI have been around for 4+ years and don't work with the current game. There are also a ton of poorly made POI that should be removed as they drag down the entire pack with how bad they are.

Any chance some old and poorly made POI could be culled from the pack? Some of these POI have been around for 4+ years and don't work with the current game. Also, is there an easy way to view an individual POI?

i dont mind the old pois myself. You can go into the game and select prefab editor in the tools and in the tabs select the 4th icon on the right hand side and you can view all prefabs that are in the prefab.xml individually.

hi i am having problems generating a new map since in dl the compopack. i get the following error:

Current working directory: C:\Users\user-pc\Desktop

(please check if this is valid)

Could find resources, working directory seems to be set wrong. Please check the installation loaction.

save initial state .......................C:\Users\user-pc\Desktop/resources/configUI.txt

wrong working directory, generation aborted

im not much good at working out what i have done wrong so would appreciate some help please.

Hello,

me and friend of mine are both encountering some graphic bugs while playing on a multiplayer server.

We have everything on server and client side,

but at some poi's - especialy some traders and for e.g. izea / airport and some other places,

we get some wierd graphic glitches, with grey cubes / plastic frames instead of doors (even if they are destroyed or open).

We solve it by simply relogging in the place, once relogged it is fixed.. Sometimes multiple relogs have to be made in bigger poi's.. (airport, rollecoaster park)...

Has anyone ever encountered this? (We play on a nitrogen generated map).

Here are few pictures of mentioned bug (this one at a trader

449775477_bug3.jpg.cb6db9a4f4d73938c454229cd20ceafe.jpgn1.jpg.6c60c796cd800807158eb505dff0d333.jpg

bug1.jpg.f9e7cfc92567845e93fffe9b75a11ea6.jpg

bug2.jpg.aec92c0713174dc06f58929f74b1d895.jpg

n1.jpg.4fc0b26b0dd130e07bad055e0be99b24.jpg

bug1.jpg.e11bd1916356a9c3d511aec9d1ebb7fb.jpg

bug2.jpg.8e43a921fc453840797f02cb03564db0.jpg

bug2.jpg.3d88c09a200024d0196eaf7fc90ffb9a.jpg

Hello! I just wanted to see if a prefab my husband and I created could be considered for addition to your compopack. I was directed here by a pal on Twitter after a few people inquired about it being in the compopack already. Anyway, the prefab is a mall we built called “Eden Center Mall,” and it is posted on Nexus Mods. I also have the dropbox file I can send along if needed. Thanks! 

Archived