What do you want if they added an expansion?

SURVIVE

Since TFP is finally near the light at the end of the dead filled tunnel, what are your thoughts on expansions? what would you like to see added, removed or reworked?

Maharin made me think of cows for dairy products with his cheese plant idea. that would force them to expand the cooking menu.

2 hours ago, SURVIVE said:

Since TFP is finally near the light at the end of the dead filled tunnel, what are your thoughts on expansions? what would you like to see added, removed or reworked?

Maharin made me think of cows for dairy products with his cheese plant idea. that would force them to expand the cooking menu.

I started similiar topic some time ago.

Cows probably would be not added.

It  would be like : new "story" map, some new weapons, enemies POI's and props. 

So nothing crazy.  Well i hope for maybe controversial dlc adding more gore, zombie kids etc but thinking realistic - there is no chance for dlc

My wishlist is, on top of the promised storyline and more quests, well, even more procedural quests and random events, which is the one thing that generates an extremely rich and unpredictable environment through deep emergent gameplay, because the other gameplay systems will already be in. Mod support for quests and easy-to-create ones through a cool interface will be awesome too, both for us and the devs.

On a far second, more weapons, armours and enemies, which aren't really that great without the first wish.

14 hours ago, SURVIVE said:

FACTIONS + NPCs!

I don't think they'll add factions (or even friendly NPCs) before release, so a "Factions/NPC Expansion" would probably be the best thing to hope for, IMO.

2 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

FACTIONS + NPCs!

I don't think they'll add factions (or even friendly NPCs) before release, so a "Factions/NPC Expansion" would probably be the best thing to hope for, IMO.

There are 2 planned, but 846464837464847577 would be neat indeed.

If the storyline goes in before beta, it would be best for us, that way they don't waste a DLC putting in a "promised" feature in the first place (friendly npcs and story) and they could just improve upon it.

Time isn't really an issue once core systems are in, but a way to easily create factions and a faction relation system like that of FO: New Vegas would suffice IMO (meaning faction and quest mod support with easy interface).

1 hour ago, Blake_ said:

There are 2 planned, but 846464837464847577 would be neat indeed.

I don't understand what you mean.

1 hour ago, Blake_ said:

If the storyline goes in before beta, it would be best for us, that way they don't waste a DLC putting in a "promised" feature in the first place (friendly npcs and story) and they could just improve upon it.

The storyline can be added into the game regardless of the addition of factions and/or "real" NPCs.

I think you're overlapping two different things here.

BTW, factions and NPCs are not in the core promised features list, they've always been in the "possible after release" part of the kick-starter (see below).

Having said that, TFP have already shown that they're willing to add features as they see fit, so, hopefully, they may squeeze-in these two before release.

image.png.c41c2b26dd6da316b202682277337de6.png

Just now, warmer said:

speculating about what DLC should be included after a game is finished, when we dont know the state of the finished game, is like debating what "kind" of cheese the moon is made of.

Well you don't have to have finished game - just looks what is addding in dlc in similiar games - weapons, enemies, maps, items, props 

I would like them to expand the use of procedural generation.

...Most prominently, to achieve individual variation among zombies.  Call it random character generation, to complement random world generation.  Even a new player that stops playing after their first Blood Moon sees far more zombies than there are zombie models.  And throwing in more and more whole zombie models isn't an efficient or effective way to prevent repetition.

...But also, to re-implement procedurally generated caves, to create spaces with replayability within all that 3D voxel space underground.  RWG is interesting to an explorer, in part because we don't know where a road will go and what's connected to it until we traverse it.  So it should be, below the surface.

Given what TFP have already shared about the story (the White River settlement and the Duke vs. the Cassadores and all that, as discussed in dev videos), it seems certain that they'll at least attempt to have factions.  It could be an idea that falls through after they implement it, like crafting grids and minimaps and so many other things.  But surely they want to give it a try first.

7 minutes ago, Crater Creator said:

I would like them to expand the use of procedural generation.

...Most prominently, to achieve individual variation among zombies.  Call it random character generation, to complement random world generation.  Even a new player that stops playing after their first Blood Moon sees far more zombies than there are zombie models.  And throwing in more and more whole zombie models isn't an efficient or effective way to prevent repetition.

...But also, to re-implement procedurally generated caves, to create spaces with replayability within all that 3D voxel space underground.  RWG is interesting to an explorer, in part because we don't know where a road will go and what's connected to it until we traverse it.  So it should be, below the surface.

Given what TFP have already shared about the story (the White River settlement and the Duke vs. the Cassadores and all that, as discussed in dev videos), it seems certain that they'll at least attempt to have factions.  It could be an idea that falls through after they implement it, like crafting grids and minimaps and so many other things.  But surely they want to give it a try first.

Well i support this idea about zombie idea and caves 

5 hours ago, warmer said:

speculating about what DLC should be included after a game is finished, when we dont know the state of the finished game, is like debating what "kind" of cheese the moon is made of.

WTF!??! I know exactly what kind of cheese the moon is made of! :heh: :loco:

22 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Maharin redneck with his  tractor lol

You don't have to be a redneck to have a tractor.  Living on a farm during the apocalypse is generally considered enviable.  :p

Unless the nukes hit the farms first, that is...

3 minutes ago, Maharin said:

You don't have to be a redneck to have a tractor.  Living on a farm during the apocalypse is generally considered enviable.  :p

Unless the nukes hit the farms first, that is...

Well ... not if there is -40 in summer right? bunker is better option

There is still a bug in 7DTD that makes small animals that die while moving and taking damage to have their corpse skid across the ground in a straight line for... not sure how long.  I've only ever seen it in the desert so it might be tied to cacti or something.

Does that count as a ghost chicken?  :p

12 hours ago, Maharin said:

There is still a bug in 7DTD that makes small animals that die while moving and taking damage to have their corpse skid across the ground in a straight line for... not sure how long.  I've only ever seen it in the desert so it might be tied to cacti or something.

Does that count as a ghost chicken?  :p

Only if you can throw them at zombies as bait.

Archived