When I shoot a chicken with a 7.62 I should pick up chicken pieces in a five-foot area

ElCabong

6 minutes ago, Urban Blackbear said:

There are no other rifle calibers so this is an area realism takes a hit for simplicity. Never saw my farmer grandfather use a rifle anyway. He'd just grab a chicken, stick its head down in a traffic cone and cut its throat.

Well sledghammer is bad option too 😕

Do we have to keep questioning the realism of things?

Shotgun reloads with only two shells.

Backpack is a Portable Hole.

Torches burn forever.

Food never spoils.

Etc... etc... etc...

This is a game with... Zombies. 

Suspension of Disbelief is your answer.

11 hours ago, ElCabong said:

I thought about that too but I was out of food and had to make sure I got something. But you're right, that's wasting ammo and I didn't have much of it.

I recently found a good use for the spear. Chicken stabber with the added benefit of not making yourself motion sick from the chicken chase. It has a long reach and works much better than a club or axe on a moving chicken. I prefer the bow when I can, but they always seem to know....

Works so so on the Ninja Rabbits, but they are Ninja's after all. 

Actually, since the bullet is so powerful, the bullet would realistically likely pass through with so little resistance that it might not even blast out taking a junk out the other end. I think it would just be a clean through hole and that's it. A 9mm might do more damage but even that would probably pass through it. Ideally, you want the bullet to stay inside the animal so that it receives the most damage.

36 minutes ago, Maharin said:

IRL at point blank range it wouldn't end well for anyone involved

Really?  Well I guess if the chickens is on concrete maybe.  But otherwise doubt if any one but the chicken has an issue.

Bird shot at close range would throw feathers everywhere and render the meat inedible for the most part unless you like eating lead "sand". A slug would pass through the chicken taking out a chunk of meat with it, but otherwise all is good. Buck shot would be somewhere in between the above mentioned.

On 3/25/2022 at 7:45 PM, outhous said:

Do we have to keep questioning the realism of things?

Shotgun reloads only to bullets.

Backpack is a Portable Hole.

Torches burn forever.

Food never spoils.

Etc... etc... etc...

This is a game with... Zombies. 

Suspension of Disbelief is your answer.

rest of this understand but zombies?? we have now zombie ants so wait until summer for zombie humans :)

14 minutes ago, tenminer117 said:

I agree. We need the blunderbuss back in the game. Blunderbuss was my favorite gun in the whole game, I'd even use it late game when there was just a zombie or two.

I think I used it once or twice during Alpha 11... but that's about it. It was terrible IMO. Maybe they improved it over the years before getting rid of it... but it was definitely not a good first impression for me, so I just never used it. Besides, a bow was always the better option since it has similar fire rate / reload time, much longer shooting range and accuracy, silent (doesn't attract everything at you), ammo is extremely cheap and easy and can be made on the spot, including the bow itself. The blunderbuss just never stood a chance against the bow.

On 3/26/2022 at 3:50 PM, Maharin said:

IRL at point blank range it wouldn't end well for anyone involved.

Can confirm.

On 3/27/2022 at 2:35 AM, tenminer117 said:

I agree. We need the blunderbuss back in the game. Blunderbuss was my favorite gun in the whole game, I'd even use it late game when there was just a zombie or two.

If I have to give up my dubby for that trash, I'll be upset.

Archived