Alpha 21 Dev Diary

Roland

12 hours ago, Crypted said:

What's the point of having puzzles for us to solve in order to get information about 7DTD (a game that everyone on this forum likes) when people are going to solve them. I know there are a good bit of people that don't like it and yeah (maybe some do) but still some videos have been made basically saying stop this and another one is, a waste of time. Then we get pig latin which is easy to understand but still ( eansmay eythay ightmay owshay omesay neaksay eakspay ofay tuffsay eythay idn'tday itequay inishfay orfay wentyonetay.)  Which means they might show some sneak peak of stuff they didn't quite finish of twenty one. I just want to know why these puzzles are happening in order to get information about 7 Days to Die (a game we like/love and enjoy) I just don't see the point in it. Anyway, this is just my opinion on it so other people might feel differently about it. 

Sure, Roland could just come out and give the information directly, but many people enjoy the riddles.  Since giving the info in riddles isn't preventing people from finding out information, there's no reason not to make people happy who like them.

3 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I still don’t see a value or even a purpose for having a raft.

there simply aren’t maps large enough or bodies of water large enough to justify needing a raft.

There are plenty of maps large enough in RWG especially if you tweak the rwgmixer file to allow more. Not everyone plays the same and some get crazy ideas about island bases? Or maybe they want to go across the a lake as opposed to all the way around it? SMH 

3 hours ago, Fanatical_Meat said:

I still don’t see a value or even a purpose for having a raft.

there simply aren’t maps large enough or bodies of water large enough to justify needing a raft.

The main reason you don't have much for large bodies of water right now is because there's no easy way to traverse the water.  If they add a raft, you can now have island maps and similar that require a raft to easily get from place to place.

17 minutes ago, Mister Forgash said:

Note about the child zombies:
In some places, killing zombie children is seen as too close to killing non-zombie children and because of laws 'n stuff, the short of it is, they'd be unable to sell their game in those markets. As much as there may be like... many dozens of people that want some kid zombs, If the Pimps had to pull their game from.. Germany or somewhere, It just isn't worth it from a business standpoint.

I get that, I was just looking at it from a zombie game and I don't mean a child. I was talking about it in a different way. The old spider zombie looks like a kid, I mean now that zombie is walking instead of on all fours. So it seems to be already a thing in the game. 

Edited by Crypted (see edit history)

I thought the whole thing with the water and the raft was, prior to Alpha 21, water has been in an unfinished state. They didn't want to put the time into getting the raft where they want it because they knew what coding has gone into it would likely need to be started over as soon as they got water behaving as they want it.

So now, water's getting that overhaul, is it finished- Maybe? They might need to make more adjustments. Suffice to say, though, once/now it is working in a way the developers are satisfied with, I expect we'll be seeing more being done with it in the future. For sure? Hah, no.  ..But if _I_ were the one handling every thing, I'd wait 'till the water was in a 'good' place functionally before I started really doing more with it, and because of this I suspect we may yet see some interesting things come about. 

.. Not as interesting as that partially-flooded city idea a couple pages back, that would be awesome- But I don't see it happening short of a custom[Player?]-made map.

Edited by Mister Forgash
Minor errors (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, Crypted said:

I get that, I was just looking at it from a zombie game and I don't mean a child. I was talking about it in a different way. The old spider zombie looks like a kid, I mean now that zombie is walking instead of on all fours. So it seems to be already a thing in the game. 

The screamer is the closest they're gonna get to a zombified kid, there's no reason for them to go there.

14 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

The screamer is the closest they're gonna get to a zombified kid, there's no reason for them to go there.

The kid zombie was just an idea, but there are two zombies already that look like a kid or at least looks like a teenager.   ZombieTomClark.webp.3ffac45bbbfc5ff9c0239e43a03b2911.webpSteve.webp.a1e9915b4ed263b47bcf8954ec81c103.webp

What does everyone think about a armored zombie that will only show up later in the game with a higher gamestage. 

25 minutes ago, RipClaw said:

You mean a Demolisher?

No, I was thinking something similar to a juggernaut zombie but with scrap metal instead that has armor all over the body and that has a lot of hitpoints. Just a thought that I think if done in a good way people would really like it. Of course it will have a weakness. 

3 hours ago, Trankitas said:

Another question

Am I high? I thought that A21 would have a new UI, I think Madmole stated several times about a new UI being designed. 

UI looked exactly the same on the Dev Stream.

@Sirillion Made an amazing UI mod, that looks extremely better! Thoughts?

While Madmole mentioned hiring a designer to look at the UI, it's never been confirmed for A21. As a general rule, I've learned never to take anything Madmole says regarding timelines as gospel 😆

1 minute ago, Syphon583 said:

While Madmole mentioned hiring a designer to look at the UI, it's never been confirmed for A21. As a general rule, I've learned never to take anything Madmole says regarding timelines as gospel 😆

Aw damn, well, I hope it comes to reality some day, because the UI is feeling really old and clunky, doesn't fit the new quality standards of TFP in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Trankitas said:

Aw damn, well, I hope it comes to reality some day, because the UI is feeling really old and clunky, doesn't fit the new quality standards of TFP in my opinion. 

I really wish the UI looked alot more like undead legacy's, Love that UI, but its to futuristic for what TFP has in mind.

from what I understand they are keeping the UI basic and the way it is untill they go gold, because in the current UI its alot easier to fix and change things. we will get a new UI but I don't think its a priority for them atm

2 hours ago, Mister Forgash said:

Note about the child zombies:
In some places, killing zombie children is seen as too close to killing non-zombie children and because of laws 'n stuff, the short of it is, they'd be unable to sell their game in those markets. As much as there may be like... many dozens of people that want some kid zombs, If the Pimps had to pull their game from.. Germany or somewhere, It just isn't worth it from a business standpoint.

Meanwhile cannibalism is still in the game in the form of "rotting flesh" from humans and "hobo stew". Lucky that no ne has pointed that to the rating boards.

Doesn't bother me, this just reminded me about how some rating boards can be very strict.

2 minutes ago, youeatcandy said:

Is there a schedule for dev diaries somewhere? I'd like to catch a stream, I missed the first one. Thanks!

TFP continues the Developer Streams tonight at 9 PM CST! Join the Art Team with Host & Sr. Developer Lathan (@fubar_prime) for an in-depth look at the new Art coming to A21!

FuGc3MjWYAA66Qp.jpg

1 minute ago, Crypted said:

This will be tonight on twitch @fubar_prime

Gotchya thank you, but the initial announcement about the stream tonight that you shared with me--where can I look for that? Twitter? This site? Somewhere else? Sorry I wasn't clear the first time.

1 minute ago, youeatcandy said:

Gotchya thank you, but the initial announcement about the stream tonight that you shared with me--where can I look for that? Twitter? This site? Somewhere else? Sorry I wasn't clear the first time.

That's on twitter on the 7 days to die account and I believe it's also on instagram too.