I feel very disrespected by the zombies in this game

Sjustus548

Our current horde night setup is my wife is standing on top of a 5x5 pillar of concrete while she snipes and throws out bombs.  While I'm running down below using knuckles and my M60 when things get a little too much all hopped up on drugs and beer.  The zombies completely ignore me and go straight for my wife.  The zombies really only pay attention to me when I wade into them swinging like a madman.  Other than that they completely leave me alone.  Our original goal was to have them pay attention to me and I would group them up for easier bomb throws but that idea quickly went out the window.  She is lower level than I am so maybe they see her as less of a threat so they go after her first?  At least that's what I tell myself because I feel like they don't think I'm worth eating anymore.  Tell me why am I not worth eating.  What makes her character so much more enticing than mine? 

I just want to be wanted too 😭

28 minutes ago, Sjustus548 said:

At least that's what I tell myself because I feel like they don't think I'm worth eating anymore.  Tell me why am I not worth eating.  What makes her character so much more enticing than mine?

Tough to say. Do you have any pictures of your wife?

/Want some?

The opposite happens with me. Due to the short time I have to play, my friends always evolve, so sometimes they are level 50 and I'm still level 20, it seems like they always look for my friends and ignore me completely. 🤔

Anyway, it helps me stealth kill them (XP bonus kills) 😂

PS: many other times they pass me by and ignore me. Sometimes I'm alone on the street, they look at me, come towards me, suddenly turn away and start punching the walls 🤪

41 minutes ago, Sjustus548 said:

Our current horde night setup is my wife is standing on top of a 5x5 pillar of concrete while she snipes and throws out bombs.  While I'm running down below using knuckles and my M60 when things get a little too much all hopped up on drugs and beer.  The zombies completely ignore me and go straight for my wife.  The zombies really only pay attention to me when I wade into them swinging like a madman.  Other than that they completely leave me alone.  Our original goal was to have them pay attention to me and I would group them up for easier bomb throws but that idea quickly went out the window.  She is lower level than I am so maybe they see her as less of a threat so they go after her first?  At least that's what I tell myself because I feel like they don't think I'm worth eating anymore.  Tell me why am I not worth eating.  What makes her character so much more enticing than mine? 

I just want to be wanted too 😭

Maybe wrap yourself in bacon? 

1 hour ago, Star69 said:

Maybe wrap yourself in bacon? 

I'm going to have to give that a try next horde night.

1 hour ago, DiegoLBC1 said:

PS: many other times they pass me by and ignore me. Sometimes I'm alone on the street, they look at me, come towards me, suddenly turn away and start punching the walls 🤪

They've done this to me too! While standing on the roof I've watched zombies come from like two houses over.  They are weaving thru back allies and jumping fences just to get over to our base.  I go down to meet them and as soon as they see me they turn around and start going back.  I can just hear them saying, "I came all the way over here for this guy? What a damn waste of my time!" 

1 hour ago, Boidster said:

I'll see if I can get some pictures if we get on this afternoon.

On 1/26/2022 at 10:27 PM, Sjustus548 said:

I go down to meet them and as soon as they see me they turn around and start going back.  I can just hear them saying, "I came all the way over here for this guy? What a damn waste of my time!" 

Something similar happened in the last horde night video of JaWoodle. A party girl zombie runs up to him, he throws a Molotov cocktail behind her and she quickly runs back into the flames because she obviously wanted to warm up.

One of the fixes in the next build being released for experimental is that when an entity damages a zombie they leave destruction mode. I wonder if there were 8 zombies in destruction mode if you threw a rock whether they would all abandon their task and chase after the rock. Zombies who have targeted a player will ignore thrown rocks but I don't know about zombies in destruction mode.

On 1/27/2022 at 3:26 PM, DanLW said:

They like brains... Maybe you're dumb?

But I'm the one specced into the Int tree.  That should make me smart enough right?

On 1/26/2022 at 12:08 PM, Boidster said:

Finally got a picture.  Now which one would you find more appetizing? 

Group Photo.jpg

Just now, ElCabong said:

The zombies might have had an easier path to your wife than they had to you.

Looks like Aquaman and The Punisher

I'm standing on the ground with them and she's on a 4 tall 5x5 solid block of steel and concrete.  They would still rather just bang on the wall trying to get to her than just turn around and fight me.

Lmao I never realized that but we do

I think, many times the zombies go for the last player to hit them. Since she's using a gun it's more likely she's hitting more zombies and hitting them before they get near you so they target her. That being said, I've had to hit some zombies several times with melee to get them to quit targeting a player with a gun.