OMG! I created a new world and started in the wasteland. How long do you think I'll last?

ElCabong

24 minutes ago, Gamida said:

I thought a few alphas ago TFP's set it up so in a new game you wouldn't spawn in the wasteland. Was it changed again?

Something's changed. Whether it's intentional or not I don't know. At first it was, challenge accepted. And the loot is better there.

I had about an hour before sunset and I was still in the wasteland. I suspect the map I was on was mostly wasteland. May not have been any Forest.  I made a new map. This one sent me to Rekt.

When I first generated the map I'm currently on, I started up the new save, went through the tutorial and as I'm approaching town I see REKT in giant letters on his front gate.

I exited the game, deleted the save, started again on the same map but this time I walked 1km in the opposite direction on the road till I was next to another town. I finished the tutorial. I put down my campfire and this time it sent me to Bob.

Worth it.

I appreciate Rekt for who he his, but my first trader is usually someone I see almost daily, even several times a day that first week. I usually have a permanent base nearby.  There's a bond there, ya know? Anyone but Rekt will do for that particular relationship.

14 hours ago, ElCabong said:

I didn't go back to that one in case I got put back in the wasteland again.

Are you sure you're spawning in wasteland and not burnt forest? You're not supposed to spawn in wasteland iirc and if you're doing so repeatedly you definitely have a bug going on.

5 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

Are you sure you're spawning in wasteland and not burnt forest? You're not supposed to spawn in wasteland iirc and if you're doing so repeatedly you definitely have a bug going on.

There is no more burnt forest. It is part of the wasteland now.

I started a new map and ran for 2 days trying to find some wasteland, and stay alive in the process.  Usually I find a cooking pot somewhere before heading in but man nothing.  Finally found a cooking grill and went with that, but at the end of day 2 two vultures followed me inside a garage and game over 🙂  New map time!