The Fun Pimps needs to understand something..

saoron666

The base game is really easy. But thats ok for now and even in the future I think thats fine. You can mod many parts of teh game and you can adjust the difficulty through that. They also are not done yet and done have everything in, so a full balance patch cant be done.

By day 10 with me and my partner:

We have motorcycles, bought the steel I needed since I cant make a crucible yet.

-Have 1 tier 3 rifle thats level 2 or 3

-Have various tier 2 weapons like pistol, double barrel shotgun varying in levels from 2-5

-Starting to acquire steel tools, we have a pick and a shovel so far. I had the opportunity to buy a chainsaw but didnt see the need.

-We're somewhere around gamestage 35 or so. On day 7 we were about there so might be closer to 45 or something now.

-Have found and looted a boar poi

-Have a workbench and could have a chembench but we lack the acid for it.

-Have more dukes than we know what to do with even with 3 traders. We buy all the basic pistol, shotgun, and 9.62 ammo we can find at traders.

some of this I wish was not possible yet. I think that the motorcycles really need to be moved further away, put a level requirement. I could have bought them from the trader for 28k each with my better barter. But isntead I spent 10k  on the steel and made them quickly. The traders really need balanced but I feel like they are not going to be for awhile due to other things being out of balance with some features not in fully (the bandits). 

We have not looted anything outside of the forest biome yet.

Edited by myrkana (see edit history)

11 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

It could be possible, yes. I went to the wasteland on day 8, loot stage 34 (in the pine forest), and my loot stage shot up to 120-something in the wasteland biome. In one day, this is what I hauled out of it.

8Y6Mz2v.png

Damn… you got all this lvl6’s on day 8?!

I think you got very lucky. Nothing like that has ever happened to me. I don't think this is a problem because it's not happening to everybody. Or it is and it's something they don't want. On day one the trader had a pistol for sale that I spent the rest of my day doing missions for her and still didn't have enough money. Luckily she had it the next day and I bought it after a few more missions.

My luck could have been bad and it may not have been there. 

15 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

It could be possible, yes. I went to the wasteland on day 8, loot stage 34 (in the pine forest), and my loot stage shot up to 120-something in the wasteland biome. In one day, this is what I hauled out of it.

8Y6Mz2v.png

it was nice of you to edit your inventory....anyone can do that to make their own "point". you can pull everything out and only put what you pick back in and say blah blah blah. Everything in the picture is 100% health, which never happens unless you create from the Developer menu or buy from the trader.

There are a lot of options to make the game harder, take it off easy setting (and turn off cheats).   Just one setting will change your game "delete all on death". if its still too easy for you, and you are impatient for things to change, maybe 7dtd isnt the right game for you. 

18 hours ago, Shyara said:

it was nice of you to edit your inventory....anyone can do that to make their own "point". you can pull everything out and only put what you pick back in and say blah blah blah. Everything in the picture is 100% health, which never happens unless you create from the Developer menu or buy from the trader.

There are a lot of options to make the game harder, take it off easy setting (and turn off cheats).   Just one setting will change your game "delete all on death". if its still too easy for you, and you are impatient for things to change, maybe 7dtd isnt the right game for you. 

I repaired everything.

Here's an idea. Go into the wasteland at level 20-30 and tell me what you find.

Edited by meganoth
offensive language (see edit history)

Here's the thing, I can't prove that I didn't spawn those items in. But if you go and loot the wasteland and find, say, a quality level 5 AK-47 at 20% durability, you could never prove to me that you didn't spawn it in with some bullets, shot it at the ground for a while, and pretended that you found a damaged AK. You could also make the claim that every content creator is cheating in items continuously and is simply making edits to the instances when they loot containers to make it seem like they are getting good items.

In other words, don't blindly trust anyone, but also be willing to give people the benefit of the doubt.

3 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Here's the thing, I can't prove that I didn't spawn those items in.

And there's no need to - the loot looks pretty reasonable to me for the added gamestage; half of it is scrap tier, couple a tier better and then the one steel spear at 6 .. nothing exceptional on an increased loot stage. Don't let the internet under your skin, not even if it's Musk's implants ;)

And if anyone has doubts, heading over to the xml:s to check is pretty easy for anyone who owns the game.. :)

On 12/10/2021 at 10:39 AM, saoron666 said:
On 12/10/2021 at 10:39 AM, saoron666 said:

you guys added now the pipe wpns as well and an abundant amount of ammos that i actually have stacks of ammo that i am putting in storages.

solution isnt to just make them more rare... need to add a more challenging way to get them, adding more zombies, harder way to kill animals, could help.

in my MP game we were scrambling so hard for ammo because we were super excited to use it in the early game.  And that's how it got to be rare, because we hadn't perfected how to use those weapons effectively.

Also, are you trying to debate the fine points of weapons that aren't rare because of how easy it is to actually make them?    Ammo is super plentiful now because most of us have gotten used to the new weapons.   It's called trigger discipline.   I'm also scratching my head on why the game needs more zombies in order to make things harder when you aren't addressing the toggled difficulty system AND the fact we can mine and salvage for bullet materials.   And this is on top of the fact that you're judging this game and the developers by an alpha experimental branch, which sometimes is actually a science experiment and at the end of the day those numbers are ultimately going to change.

The Fun Pimps already knows whats up, and whats up is that we are given the tools to declare our own level of involvement, as well as difficulty.  I encourage you to understand there are nuances to this game you can manipulate on your own, without help, and without coming into the forums and talking all this WE ASKED FOR THIS nonsense.   WHO IS THIS 'WE' $H*#?  Are you talking for everyone here?

On 12/10/2021 at 10:33 PM, Maharin said:

The question to ask is simple... How much worse would the 1.0 of 7DTD have been if TFP had NOT done early access and taken this long to develop it?

This game is awesome and will be incredibly awesome by the time it ships.  Those us that have been playing for years are, of course, going to be more challenged to keep finding the fun in the game.  But I can say in my own experience that I have more hours in 7DTD than I have in any 3 other games I've played combined... ever.  Excluding some MMO's in my younger years (I'm looking at you EverQuest 1 and 2).

God I miss the original Everquest. :(  What server did you play on?

Edited by Gnomaana (see edit history)

It has gotten easier over time there's no doubt about that, initially many of us liked the idea of having a trader, now they're in every town, seriously, what are they thinking. Players just farm the traders and buy what they need, there's no need to explore the map at all, just stay in the first town. Players need to be forced to go and explore to 'survive' and be ready for the horde nights, they need to fear for their lives and the bases they live in. As stated already, the majority of players have long term experience and want a good experience, newer players too need to know this is not a walk over game, they need to be immersed into it and enjoy the challenges that it brings.

I disagree with OP, I don't particularly want more challenge and difficulty. I want more fun.

Thankfully this game is very configurable, so each player can tailor the experience to their tastes to certain extent. Too much loot? Lower it to 25%. Too few zombies? Touch the xml to increase the amount of wandering zombies. Too few penalties to death? Change it to delete everything on death.

1 hour ago, Snoops said:

It has gotten easier over time there's no doubt about that, initially many of us liked the idea of having a trader, now they're in every town, seriously, what are they thinking. Players just farm the traders and buy what they need, there's no need to explore the map at all, just stay in the first town. Players need to be forced to go and explore to 'survive' and be ready for the horde nights, they need to fear for their lives and the bases they live in. As stated already, the majority of players have long term experience and want a good experience, newer players too need to know this is not a walk over game, they need to be immersed into it and enjoy the challenges that it brings.

By the way, if you generate a map in A20 with no towns then there are no traders, either.  At least it happened each time I've tried it.

On 12/10/2021 at 11:54 AM, BFT2020 said:

Your right, that is not normal.😆

What game are you playing, because we must be playing different games.  I am currently waiting on Day 6 to start (I stopped playing night of Day 5) and the best tools I found so far are Q1 iron tools (and 5days in at 1 hour days is 5 hours of game time).

He is playing the same game I am. I have real pistols by day 10, iron tools, lots of stuff that we werent supposed to have in A20 at the start.

But we do. In spades

To be fair, any survival game is going to feel relatively easy after 1000 hours of play...which many of us have. 

The real prize would not be to make the game as a whole more difficult, but to have more difficult end game. That way, it won't chase away new players, and it will still cater for veterans. I think the Pimps are angling towards that kind of thinking with having greater reward for more difficult biomes. I imagine, in the future, they will probably make the best loot guarded by gun slinging bandits, so that will be something to look forward to if implemented well.

Affect Base Bonus Percentage Bonus Notes
Lucky Looter (Perk 1)   5%  
Lucky Looter (Perk 2)   10%  
Lucky Looter (Perk 3)   15%  
Lucky Looter (Perk 4)   20%  
Lucky Looter (Perk 5)   25%  
Pine Forest 0 0%  
Burnt Forest 10 50%  
Desert 10 50%  
Snow 20 100%  
Wasteland 30 150%  
POI (Tier 1) 3 5%  
POI (Tier 2) 6 10%  
POI (Tier 3) 9 15%  
POI (Tier 4) 12 20%  
POI (Tier 5) 15 25%  
Looty Goggles 3    
Eye Kandy 5 5% Affects dLootGamestageFlat and dLootGamestagePerc

This is how the game affects your loot chances outside of leveling up your loot game stage (sorry I made the table in Excel and then copied, doesn't copy over nicely).  This goes with the changes made to the looting file so that people have a chance of finding better loot on Day 1.  I was finding iron tools (quality 1 though) on Day 1 in the pine forest biome with no perks or goggles.  Definitely a push to bring better equipment sooner than later through looting.  I even found a crucible schematic at the trader to buy on Day 13 with no better barter perks.

I am probably going to next work on modifying both the traders and loot files next.  I prefer more struggle at the beginning than what Alpha 20 has brought.  I also like to play sometimes in the Desert, Snow, and Wasteland biomes to start with, but I don't want that big of a loot bonus (don't want T2 equipment on Day 1).

You can adjust the settings and make the game harder or easier as suits your play style.

The server I have setup for my friends and I uses custom settings that include unique loot spawning such as most stuff is only 25% of what you normally would find; however, I've changed the config to allow books to be found in stacks of 4 to 5.

You can also change out the zombie wandering horde xml, and make it where you get more scouts, and more zombies coming at you at once.

We are using a 10K random gen map with max zombies at 300 and 64 zombies per person on horde night with 3/5 on zombie hardness with 180 min. days.

It is a struggle every day to survive that way.

Edited by PotatoeTater (see edit history)

4 hours ago, BFT2020 said:
Affect Base Bonus Percentage Bonus Notes
Lucky Looter (Perk 1)   5%  
Lucky Looter (Perk 2)   10%  
Lucky Looter (Perk 3)   15%  
Lucky Looter (Perk 4)   20%  
Lucky Looter (Perk 5)   25%  
Pine Forest 0 0%  
Burnt Forest 10 50%  
Desert 10 50%  
Snow 20 100%  
Wasteland 30 150%  
POI (Tier 1) 3 5%  
POI (Tier 2) 6 10%  
POI (Tier 3) 9 15%  
POI (Tier 4) 12 20%  
POI (Tier 5) 15 25%  
Looty Goggles 3    
Eye Kandy 5 5% Affects dLootGamestageFlat and dLootGamestagePerc

This is how the game affects your loot chances outside of leveling up your loot game stage (sorry I made the table in Excel and then copied, doesn't copy over nicely).  This goes with the changes made to the looting file so that people have a chance of finding better loot on Day 1.  I was finding iron tools (quality 1 though) on Day 1 in the pine forest biome with no perks or goggles.  Definitely a push to bring better equipment sooner than later through looting.  I even found a crucible schematic at the trader to buy on Day 13 with no better barter perks.

I am probably going to next work on modifying both the traders and loot files next.  I prefer more struggle at the beginning than what Alpha 20 has brought.  I also like to play sometimes in the Desert, Snow, and Wasteland biomes to start with, but I don't want that big of a loot bonus (don't want T2 equipment on Day 1).

I'm not sure Lucky Looter (Perk ) really works out.. i never ever put any skills in it since i've been playing and now over 1.5k hours and i compare with my gf sitting next to me where she puts max skills in it, trust me i get as much  HQ items! i also got that lvl 6 steel pickaxe without it at the start..

yesterday day 10 i got lvl 5 sniper rifle, lvl 6 iron boots lvl 6 iron chest, lvl 6 assault rifle... and so much more! 

no pts in Lucky Looter (Perk)...

4 hours ago, PotatoeTater said:

You can adjust the settings and make the game harder or easier as suits your play style.

The server I have setup for my friends and I uses custom settings that include unique loot spawning such as most stuff is only 25% of what you normally would find; however, I've changed the config to allow books to be found in stacks of 4 to 5.

You can also change out the zombie wandering horde xml, and make it where you get more scouts, and more zombies coming at you at once.

We are using a 10K random gen map with max zombies at 300 and 64 zombies per person on horde night with 3/5 on zombie hardness with 180 min. days.

It is a struggle every day to survive that way.

harder you make the settings, just affects how hard it becomes to kill a zombie.. i was talking about making loots more rare, more zombies, more hordes, more zombies in houses, getting cornered by them... less ammo, harder to get wpns, my gf got a handgun lvl 4 from start which makes a big difference..

finding a wrench from start makes the game also very easy from start... 

being able to run to the desert or snow area butt naked or with plant fiber  gears makes it too easy.. 

infinite torch makes it easy to run around also in snow area or night time..

7 hours ago, hotpoon said:

To be fair, any survival game is going to feel relatively easy after 1000 hours of play...which many of us have. 

The real prize would not be to make the game as a whole more difficult, but to have more difficult end game. That way, it won't chase away new players, and it will still cater for veterans. I think the Pimps are angling towards that kind of thinking with having greater reward for more difficult biomes. I imagine, in the future, they will probably make the best loot guarded by gun slinging bandits, so that will be something to look forward to if implemented well.

exactly, it would be nice to have rare gears hard to get, need to kill a boss or a higher and tougher nm..

loot needs to be harder and rare.

wpns are too easy to get, the numbers of hours dont really matter, more challenging a game more you want to achieve that challenge..

i played 11 years ffxi and all you think about is to fiish your ultimate wpns, gears, fighting different boss's to get rare items and drops..

thats what makes any game fun and exciting... to improve your chr in order to advance and fight a harder boss or enter harder new areas...

now imagine this game, you spawn and you can go n,s,e,o butt naked and find HQ items anywhere anytime randomly.. rare loots MUST be protected by something harder, and i really dont understand why isnt there any freaking boss?! why isnt there any rare NM's?!

new players dont have to run to them from start lol they can keep the game easy but keep something to look in to ...

it is a great game honestly, just missing these improvements..

BTW! why do ppl make these mods you think?! because they looking for that challenge ! 

17 hours ago, Jason Tamosiunis said:

looks like you could open an apocalyptic restaraunt with that chest 😛

On 12/12/2021 at 9:36 AM, myrkana said:

The base game is really easy. But thats ok for now and even in the future I think thats fine. You can mod many parts of teh game and you can adjust the difficulty through that. They also are not done yet and done have everything in, so a full balance patch cant be done.

By day 10 with me and my partner:

We have motorcycles, bought the steel I needed since I cant make a crucible yet.

-Have 1 tier 3 rifle thats level 2 or 3

-Have various tier 2 weapons like pistol, double barrel shotgun varying in levels from 2-5

-Starting to acquire steel tools, we have a pick and a shovel so far. I had the opportunity to buy a chainsaw but didnt see the need.

-We're somewhere around gamestage 35 or so. On day 7 we were about there so might be closer to 45 or something now.

-Have found and looted a boar poi

-Have a workbench and could have a chembench but we lack the acid for it.

-Have more dukes than we know what to do with even with 3 traders. We buy all the basic pistol, shotgun, and 9.62 ammo we can find at traders.

some of this I wish was not possible yet. I think that the motorcycles really need to be moved further away, put a level requirement. I could have bought them from the trader for 28k each with my better barter. But isntead I spent 10k  on the steel and made them quickly. The traders really need balanced but I feel like they are not going to be for awhile due to other things being out of balance with some features not in fully (the bandits). 

We have not looted anything outside of the forest biome yet.

By day 10, i have workbench, chm station,, 4x4 and 1 motorbike for my gf,

you see the secret is you put pts in INT to 10, and then max  out better barter and daring adv, this way you get all the best loots you cant find out there and get to pick 2 choices from rewards! which gives you bunch of ammos and books..

On 12/12/2021 at 4:41 AM, jeromeN7 said:

image.thumb.png.c4775fe29d14893c4b24eed16c1ed154.png

Day 9, not even kidding...

yup, trust me i do beleive you! they just didnt beleive me when i said i found a freaking lvl 6 steel axe in a trunk of a car on day 1..

and i also got alooot of meat just like you...

On 12/12/2021 at 12:20 AM, Jason Tamosiunis said:

yeah i wanna what place OP is looting that their gettting a lvl 6 steel pick O.o

i play with loot abundance at 200% to start and im not even finding steel tools

Snow area, close to the mountain leading to the mansion on top.. 

On 12/11/2021 at 1:51 AM, Darklegend222 said:

Did you delete all the settings in the launcher under the tools section and delete all the save game, registry and install files specifically for 7 days, then verify integrity of files?

Yes i deleted everything and my gf's computer is brand new.

i actually thought about it before installing A20, i went and deleted every folder about the game and used CCC uninstaller that finds everything about the program and deletes everything you cant find yourself..

On 12/10/2021 at 6:55 PM, JoeDaFrogman said:

For example, specifically, i spawned into Navesgane and teleported from Spawnpoint to spawn point.   

• A few are semi close to the snow biome
    • 2 are close(ish) to the house on the hill and ONE of those is perhaps 5 steps into the snow biome

As for lootstage, I spawned near the 

• Burnt Forest: 1->11
  • Snow: 1 ->22
  • Flew to house on the hill: 1 -> 34!!!!!!!!
  • Flew to the wasteland: 1->32 
  • Flew to the wasteland Shotgun Messiah factory: 1->47

SO YEAH... I agree with Roland's long term approach but in the short term, if you are the type that does NOT want a boost up in the early game, stay in the forest and loot nothing but "normal" houses and you won't get really good gear earlier than you want.   This is new, but hardly new news as the devs have discussed this mechanic for months.

@saoron666

My initial thought was that the spawnpoints in Nav. were not changed, but there is not a single spawnpoint outside of the forest biome anymore so you choose to head into a higher lootstage location.   As stated above, stay away from higher Lootstage locations if you want a more flat progression as can be seen in the above 10 minutes testing!

hey, sorry for the late response. i started the game and was in the forest area close to the snow biome. quickly made some plant gears and ran to find the snow area which wasnt far.. i have field of view maxed out, so i saw the mansion on top of the hill in the snow area and ran up, no flying no cheats.

cleared the mansion, built a house next to it and after setting up i ran back down where there is a gas station below the mountain and some cars... i looted the car and cha ching! lvl 6 steel pickaxe!

my gf got lvl 4 hand gun somewhere close. oh and i forgot yes i picked Navesgane.

Edited by saoron666 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, saoron666 said:

harder you make the settings, just affects how hard it becomes to kill a zombie.. i was talking about making loots more rare, more zombies, more hordes, more zombies in houses, getting cornered by them... less ammo, harder to get wpns, my gf got a handgun lvl 4 from start which makes a big difference.

I never said make zombies harder, I said you can adjust the loot quality and amount to reduce what you find through the map.

Additionally, the Navesgane map is a story based map, certain loot locations have higher loot values than if the POI was in a random gen map, so your issue with the update is flawed. Play on a Random Gen and you will have more trouble rushing ahead to end game stuff.

Edited by PotatoeTater (see edit history)