Its Annoying That Streamers Get the Game First!

Rizno

4 hours ago, bachgaman said:

As well as not watching the spoilering teaser for the movie you're waiting for. I am sure that I will not watch these streams, but everyone around will discuss it, videos will appear on YouTube, and so on. I'll get spoilers anyway.

I do not insist or demand that they work. It's just strange for me. On such special days, I personally would make exceptions without question. I definitely wouldn't want to take a break until the full release. In my work, I come across a similar "apotheosis" when what you have been working on for months is put into work. And these days we work at the facility 24 hours a day 7 days a week. This is normal for me, but I do not impose my point of view on anyone.

In the games industry this is called crunch and it slowly is acknowledged to be a way of exploiting the workers and burning them out. If you have no problems doing that, wait until you are older and not as resilient as you were in your youth.

Now one single week in a year surely is not really crunch but there is no reason for TFP to demand this from their employees simply to be able to release an experimental 3 days earlier. First of all that weekend has to be payed in free days later so ultimately they don't win time to complete the game. They also don't have a contract to release the game at any specific date (unlike your company I assume), And the impatience of gamers is there whether they have to wait 5 or 8 days. The impatience existed already weeks and months before. Worker satisfaction is worth much more.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

In the games industry this is called crunch and it slowly is acknowledged to be a way of exploiting the workers and burning them out. If you have no problems doing that, wait until you are older and not as resilient as you were in your youth.

Now one single week in a year surely is not really crunch but there is no reason for TFP to demand this from their employees simply to be able to release an experimental 3 days earlier. First of all that weekend has to be payed in free days later so ultimately they don't win time to complete the game. They also don't have a contract to release the game at any specific date (unlike your company I assume), And the impatience of gamers is there whether they have to wait 5 or 8 days. The impatience existed already weeks and months before. Worker satisfaction is worth much more.

I don’t want to argue about that. We will see the number of hotfixes in the early days of the patch

I understood you

Edited by bachgaman (see edit history)

All I hear is a whole lot of entitlement being spewed... 

This is like arguing why its not fair people closer to the poles than you get snow first every year.

If you really want it so bad, move there, don't argue with the ones who control the weather.

8 hours ago, bachgaman said:

Ads and teasers do not reveal all of the content. Two days of streams will spoil everything new in the game

JFC man, quick! Before they come back and discover you on your PC! Tell us where you are being held and forced to watch streams against your will! We will send a rescue party no later than next Friday.

1 hour ago, Aldranon said:

There is some good material here for a TV sit-com.

Kinda like a Seinfeld theme meets Neebs Gaming.

Bunch of young kids trying to make ends meet in this modern age, under one roof.

It could work with the right actors!

Just sing along...

31 minutes ago, Boidster said:

JFC man, quick! Before they come back and discover you on your PC! Tell us where you are being held and forced to watch streams against your will! We will send a rescue party no later than next Friday.

7 hours ago, bachgaman said:

As well as not watching the spoilering teaser for the movie you're waiting for. I am sure that I will not watch these streams, but everyone around will discuss it, videos will appear on YouTube, and so on. I'll get spoilers anyway.

u ok?

45 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

u ok?

idk, ru? For someone wanting to avoid "spoilers" and with apparently no defense against encountering them on the 'Tube I gotta ask, is this you posting in the spoiler thread for A20? I mean you literally tell MM that you "read the list of changes" ffs.

image.png.3223adcc2818c15544d64a2a2833a45c.png

You're just salty that some people see the game before you do; has nothing to do with "spoilers". U R knee-deep in spoilers already.

1 minute ago, Boidster said:

idk, ru? For someone wanting to avoid "spoilers" and with apparently no defense against encountering them on the 'Tube I gotta ask, is this you posting in the spoiler thread for A20? I mean you literally tell MM that you "read the list of changes" ffs.

image.png.3223adcc2818c15544d64a2a2833a45c.png

You're just salty that some people see the game before you do; has nothing to do with "spoilers". U R knee-deep in spoilers already.

A quick reading of the announcement of changes on the forum, which is also changing, is not the same as seeing what was actually done

On 11/8/2021 at 12:31 AM, BFT2020 said:

I am fine with them releasing it first to streamers and then everyone else a week later.

It's not a week, it's a weekend. They get it Friday, we get it Monday.

On 11/8/2021 at 2:15 AM, SpaceBound said:

Its about point of releasing the game earlier to minority of people while other 99,99% people who actually funded the game

They funded the game as much as you did. they didn't get the game for free, they bought it same as you did.

On 11/8/2021 at 9:47 AM, andydahl said:

TFP are artificially delaying release to the people who have actually plunked down money to buy the game in "early access".

Nope, they are not. You would not get the game on a Friday when they would be out of the office for the weekend. They have said many times they will not again release to the public pre weekend. You would get it on a Monday. Same as you do now with the streamer event.

On 11/8/2021 at 6:19 PM, bachgaman said:

only hypocritical and greedy Twitch streamers will be able to play on the first weekend, and not ordinary hard workers.

So where did your insider info come from on who is a "hard worker" and who is not? Or are you just spouting off BS from your nether regions?

2 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

So where did your insider info come from on who is a "hard worker" and who is not? Or are you just spouting off BS from your nether regions?

I meant people who work 5 days a week from Monday to Friday. I'm not spitting bull@%$# out of my third world regions or whatever you mean there. Chill

On 11/8/2021 at 8:31 PM, Rizno said:

brainless divide being put between the playerbase - where streamers with 5000+ subscribers (that's the requirement, if I recall correctly?) are basically getting treated like royalty in comparison to the regular old players who, in most cases, care more about the game and its future.

Ahh bit it's not "brainless". It's a fact that they advertise it more widely than someone who doesn't have that many people following them. Also, how do you know who "cares" about the game more? Able to read their thoughts are you?

23 hours ago, bachgaman said:

I don’t care as long as it doesn’t affect me. In this case, it affects me.

No, it does not affect you, other than in your own mind. You would NOT get it when they do anyway. You would still get it on the exact same Monday regardless of whether they got it on Friday or not. They have ZERO affect on when you get the game. Fact.

24 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

I meant people who work 5 days a week from Monday to Friday.

So how do you know which streamers work 9-5 jobs and which do not? I'll tell you how. You Don't. That's just a fact. Your just inventing stuff out of thin air. Thin, smelly, hot air.

Edited by JCrook1028
spelling (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

No, it does not affect you, other than in your own mind. You would NOT get it when they do anyway. You would still get it on the exact same Monday regardless of whether they got it on Friday or not. They have ZERO affect on when you get the game. Fact.

Wow, are you from a parallel universe with no streamer weekend?

6 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

So how do you know which streamers work 9-5 jobs and which do not? I'll tell you how. You Don't. That's just a fact. Your just inventing stuff out of thin air. Thin, smelly, hot air.

A senseless polemic, I, in turn, can say that you cannot prove which of them works in 9-5 jobs. But it's obvious to both of us that most of them don't. But even if it is not, then it does not matter at all in the essence of my statement that 95% of working / studying people will have to wait for the next weekend. And don't ask me to confirm the 95% figure so you don't look like an idiot. Thanks

3 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

Wow, are you from a parallel universe with no streamer weekend?

No I'm from the same universe that you are. The one where we get the game on a Monday. Not on a Friday. Streamer weekend does NOT change when we get the game, at all.

4 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

A senseless polemic, I, in turn, can say that you cannot prove which of them works in 9-5 jobs. But it's obvious to both of us that most of them don't.

Of the Streamers I watch. most work other jobs. Kage848, Midnight Designer, Fubar Prime, GameEdged. Skippy0330, KnightRath, Skillincarnate, TomGirlGamer, Kumquat_Tv, CnlFailure, SF_Gaming_Channel. I can't offhand think of a single streamer I've watched that did not work a "real" job also. Have you any actual specifics to back up your argument?

15 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

Of the Streamers I watch. most work other jobs. Kage848, Midnight Designer, Fubar Prime, GameEdged. Skippy0330, KnightRath, Skillincarnate, TomGirlGamer, Kumquat_Tv, CnlFailure, SF_Gaming_Channel. I can't offhand think of a single streamer I've watched that did not work a "real" job also. Have you any actual specifics to back up your argument?

20 minutes ago, bachgaman said:

But even if it is not, then it does not matter at all in the essence of my statement that 95% of working / studying people will have to wait for the next weekend. And don't ask me to confirm the 95% figure so you don't look like an idiot. Thanks

Do you really start answering before you read the whole post?

You have listed ten nicknames out of tens of thousands. Let's say these ten people have a 9-5 job. How does that change the fact that most 9-5 people (Which make up the majority of the people in the whole world) won't be able to play until next weekend? To say nothing of the fact that you do not see irony in a sentence containing words such as "greedy" and "hypocritical", accompanied by a rainbow palette in the word Twitch. My condolences to you man

On 11/9/2021 at 11:01 AM, hotpoon said:

I think it is good advertisingstrategy to offer early access to streamers, but would be more effective if these streamers had actual communities.  Last I looked at the list, at least a third of the streamers there had an average of 1 to 3 average viewers*. That's themself, themself on another browser and maybe a bot.  :lol: How they have 5000 followers if none of them watch?  Clearly they have bought their 5000 followers to qualify, but they aren't pulling in the traffic so are actually useless as advertisers.

There are streamers out there with 3000 or 4000 followers (so they don't qualify), but at least have 20 to 30 real people watching them.  It's a bit unjust.

*You can see stats of any streamer on https://sullygnome.com/

That is a good point about average views and a cool website but as far as I could tell it only monitors Twitch. One of our priorities is including multinational influencers many of whom use a different platform than Twitch. If we can't monitor everyone's average views then we aren't going to apply a new standard to only a portion. The only concession we have made so far is that Twitch Partnership supersedes the minimum follower count. Other than that, we are applying the same qualifications to all and that qualification change was a change towards more inclusivity rather than exclusivity.

Once again, people keep mistakenly assuming that this is primarily for advertising and marketing and bug fix testing. None of those reasons are primary. The primary reason is to have a soft launch of the build that can be viewed by the developers so that they can see not only bugs or other coding issues but so they can see people's reactions to design elements and the changes that have been made. They like to talk to people in the chats and the streamer and the audience members LOVE it when they discover Madmole or faatal or kinyajuu or Gazz is present. They take notes and when they return to work on Monday morning they quickly assess what changes, if any, need to be made to get the update out later that day for everyone.

Yes, marketing and advertising is definitely a secondary motivation and we are appreciative when we see 7 Days to Die suddenly begin to trend on Twitch. But it is not the sole reason we do it and so we are also okay at this point if we aren't min/maxing the advertising potential of the event. We started with four streamers to test the waters and then went to a larger team that has been growing in numbers and also in nations and languages. I'm sure we will firm up some of our standards in the future-- perhaps with the next game.

But now we've kind of cast the dye and adding a new qualification that would cause members to be disqualified would definitely result in bad press...lol. Its always lamentable that there will be some who cheat whatever system is in place but in general we are very pleased with how it is progressing. This game is our test subject in this regard and once we finish with this one we will overhaul things for the next game. 

One thing is for sure. Streaming Weekend Soft Launches for large updates are here to stay for 7 Days to Die and beyond.

22 hours ago, bachgaman said:

How does that change the fact that most 9-5 people (Which make up the majority of the people in the whole world) won't be able to play until next weekend?

You're not paying attention. I've already answered this. You WILL NOT get it on a FRIDAY! Ever. This will not change even if there were no streamer event at all. The streamer event DOES NOT affect when you get the game. Period. Fact. End of story.

22 hours ago, bachgaman said:

You have listed ten nicknames out of tens of thousands.

and you've listed none. How does that make your point about most of them not having 9-5 jobs? It doesn't. you have NO facts on the matter at all. Just spouting off bs numbers pulled out of thin smelly air.

3 minutes ago, JCrook1028 said:

You're not paying attention. I've already answered this. You WILL NOT get it on a FRIDAY! Ever. This will not change even if there were no streamer event at all. The streamer event DOES NOT affect when you get the game. Period. Fact. End of story.

This does not apply to the thread of this dialogue. You asked who the hard workers are, I answered, you began to prove that streamers are also hard workers. I asked how this cancels out the fact that the most hard workers won't get the game, but the streamers will get it? The common hard workers won't get the game anyway. That's what it is about. Most hard workers except streamers, many of whom have made fake bot subscriptions to get the game earlier.