How do I change from a Steam Account to a Non-Steam?

Khamedus

3 hours ago, Urban Blackbear said:

It's not Steam. You can close the Steam program out once it launches the game.

That's not true... if you close Steam it will close any game currently launched from Steam.  At least this is how it works with A19.

9 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

If you are having issues running the game, steam is not your bottleneck.

Also, this sounds like a request to hack the game…….so nice try

The game has cheat mode, why would I try to do anything else when there's mods and cheat mode? Weirdo.

And it's not that I can't run the game, it just lags, and I'd like to reduce that. I didn't realize it was steam only.

58 minutes ago, Khamedus said:

The game has cheat mode, why would I try to do anything else when there's mods and cheat mode? Weirdo.

You're asking how to run the game without Steam, as in, without Steam account authentication.. that would be handy for a software pirate. Discussing that on a game's forum is generally poor form, sometimes even bannable...

Steam takes between 0.0% to 0.1% of my cpu and less then  or right at 100mb of ram, it's not steam; you should look at other processes and reducing graphics options/resolution if you really have an issue. The only reason someone would want to bypass Steam is to bypass the authentication for thing such as piracy, so it would be against the rules here for anyone to help you with that.

54 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

Steam takes between 0.0% to 0.1% of my cpu and less then  or right at 100mb of ram, it's not steam; you should look at other processes and reducing graphics options/resolution if you really have an issue. The only reason someone would want to bypass Steam is to bypass the authentication for thing such as piracy, so it would be against the rules here for anyone to help you with that.

Came here to say essentially the above. Steam is a digital rights management (DRM) tool but it has a very small footprint and barely takes any resources it also is very forgiving of internet connection as in there is an offline mode and even when online it doesn’t dial home all that frequently.

If the game is running slow the problem is not steam the problem is something else.

Check what is running on you PC when it slows do control-alt-delete, look for something using a huge amount of ram or cpu

add more memory

build/buy newer machine and retire your favorite to running a 7D2D server or other duties.

6 hours ago, theFlu said:

You're asking how to run the game without Steam, as in, without Steam account authentication.. that would be handy for a software pirate. Discussing that on a game's forum is generally poor form, sometimes even bannable...

Yes, I want to pirate a 20 dollar game I've owned for over a year. Oof.

Anyways, I figured out how to adjust the settings so everything's running a lot better, and I'm also armed with the knowledge that this is a steam only type game. My experiences with Path of Exile have left me down a dark and harrowing mentality of assuming that most games on Steam are also available on another platform as well, thereby deeply offending randos on the internet. I'll be mindful of my behavior in the future.

6 hours ago, Jugginator said:

I wasn't aware that would be a thing. I've played Path of Exile for years and they had a separate platform from Steam, I just assumed it would be like that for most Steam games, especially from independent developers.

And for some damn reason, Steam runs like, 200k+ ram and is usually the second highest eater of ram next to the game itself.

Buuuuuut I did figure out a workaround with setting and all that, and it's running much smoother now. I also close the steam window and run through a mod launcher, now it's working better. Really, I just need to upgrade my damn computer 🤣

Steam was hogging a ridiculous amount of CPU on my Mac, until I went to the friends list settings and turned on "Don't embed images and other media in-line" and "Disable animated room effects".  For some reason Steam does a poor job of handling chat windows with animated GIFs, videos, and similar doodads that've become commonplace, even if the chat window isn't active.

Edited by Crater Creator (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Khamedus said:

That's just what a dirty pirate would say, now isn't it ;) But I guess we should just give you answers that would get Us banned, instead of warning you about not getting banned by your first post here? Oof indeed.

Lets add some common sense here: Khamedus asked to TRANSFER his steam version to a non-steam version and he gave a reason for it. Assuming this has anything to do with people with parrots on their shoulder is as farfetched as me associating piracy with people with parrots on their shoulder 😉

My conclusion: Too many paranoid people in this thread. And that is coming from someone who actually IS paranoid 😁

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Khamedus said:

Anyways, I figured out how to adjust the settings so everything's running a lot better, and I'm also armed with the knowledge that this is a steam only type game. My experiences with Path of Exile have left me down a dark and harrowing mentality of assuming that most games on Steam are also available on another platform as well, thereby deeply offending randos on the internet. I'll be mindful of my behavior in the future.

I wasn't aware that would be a thing. I've played Path of Exile for years and they had a separate platform from Steam, I just assumed it would be like that for most Steam games, especially from independent developers.

And for some damn reason, Steam runs like, 200k+ ram and is usually the second highest eater of ram next to the game itself.

Buuuuuut I did figure out a workaround with setting and all that, and it's running much smoother now. I also close the steam window and run through a mod launcher, now it's working better. Really, I just need to upgrade my damn computer 🤣

200 (plus)K of ram out of an 8GB pool is insignificant. Someone check my math but sounds like 0.002% of total memory.

50 minutes ago, theFlu said:

So, since you got that green rank there, can I take that as a permission to post any and all ways to run the game without steam authentication?

You got my permission to ask the same question as Khamedus as long as you have not yet read this thread. I think that is a fair deal, right? 😁

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, meganoth said:

You got my permission to ask the same question as Khamedus as long as you have not yet read this thread. I think that is a fair deal, right? 😁

Sure.. so, what was the "N word" again, I forgot? How do you spell it? ;)

I know this has kinda turned into a "is this really an issue or not" but, I'll throw in some data for anyone who is legitimately trying to play the game on an old sprouted potato of a PC:

I had a non gaming windows laptop (very old and flimsy/sad) that would not play 7D2D (literally crashed after a few minutes at 1 FPS or lower, on lowest graphics settings I could do) but it would play Factorio.... so it was just a "my laptop is way underpowered" issue for 7D2D.

I reinstalled windows one day (figured I'd clean house but still needed Windows for 2 apps I use rarely, and Steam;) ) and magically I could play 7D2D on lowest settings! and by "play" I mean: barely..but not *nearly* as bad as before.  But the graphics were so bad vs my "gaming PC" its still not worth playing on this system.

So the game was likely hampered quite a bit by the terrible specs of my PC but also by:

- Bloat on the PC from years of apps being installed, that load their own services and use up CPU/memory, etc.

- A driver/graphics thing or something obscure that just needed resetting.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 3:18 PM, Maharin said:

That's not true... if you close Steam it will close any game currently launched from Steam.  At least this is how it works with A19.

Sorry, meant to respond to this earlier. You're right, not sure what I was thinking. I gotta stop sniffing sharpies at work.