so I was digging up this guy's driveway

ElCabong

As I was digging up this guy’s driveway for gravel, it occurred to me that I have totally trashed out his house.  I looted all his food, broke up the furniture for wood and leather. I chopped up all his drapes for cloth. Then I smashed all the pictures in his house looking for a safe. Found one.

Why the hell would he put junk in his safe? The great developer in the sky is messing with me. I guess.

I took a wrench and broke up all his appliances for parts, even his lighting fixtures and beds. I chopped a hole in a couple of his walls looking for hidden treasure. Took things he obviously thought were valuable. Broke down his car into its component parts.  

Someday he’s going to come back to his house and find that it’s been gutted. Unlivable. I really did not like myself at all, hated being forced to do that. I dug a while feeling bad. Then it hit me.

He might have been that crawler in the basement whose head I smashed in. He doesn't need a house anymore. Feeling better, I dug on for a while starting to enjoy the day.

What if he has kids? Oh @%$#.

Edited by Crater Creator
profanity filter (see edit history)

no.....

we entered the apocalypse after all the kids grew up... you know who they are... they are the ones that died later from the apparent fallout that created the zombie infestation in the beginning.

thus seeings how there is apparent radiation from this... all humanity that is left is sterile and the race is bound for extinction.

i remember seeing that written on a picnic table somewhere. :)

No kids being in the game can be explained quiet easily. The Zombie Virus doesn't effect kids. It's only harmful do adults. That would explain why there are no zombies of them. Now about the missing kids NPC's/Bandits. Simply saying the Bandits don't want to deal with them so they don't have any and maybe TFP can add some kid NPC at the Trader so it feels "realistic" they don't need to be interactive.

42 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Am i the only one that is annoyed by those pointless small talk, roleplaying or whatever all these posts are supposed to be, posts posted in new threads over and over with completely nonsense titles by always the same user?

This place is dead most days and will be until until A20 launches.  Just block/ignore the offending user if you want and leave it at that.  /shrug

15 minutes ago, Maharin said:

This place is dead most days and will be until until A20 launches.  Just block/ignore the offending user if you want and leave it at that.  /shrug

Imho it's not my task to keep the forum clean for me and basically i have no reason to ignore the user, but if that is the "recommend" way... bad thing.

I don't want to prohibit anybody posting his stuff, but if one is bored and needs to post nonsense for his occupation, he should do this in some smalltalk thread or at least create his own nonsense thread but then stick to it, instead of creating a new thread with his contextless gibberish.

Even if the forum is currently "dead". Opening new threads over and over doesn't make it more undead.

25 minutes ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Imho it's not my task to keep the forum clean for me and basically i have no reason to ignore the user, but if that is the "recommend" way... bad thing.

I don't want to prohibit anybody posting his stuff, but if one is bored and needs to post nonsense for his occupation, he should do this in some smalltalk thread or at least create his own nonsense thread but then stick to it, instead of creating a new thread with his contextless gibberish.

Even if the forum is currently "dead". Opening new threads over and over doesn't make it more undead.

I get it, you're annoyed.  He averages about two of those posts a week if you take a moment to look through his post history.  Not exactly spam nor is it worth the time of moderators here to monitor.  If he were posting several per day or even just once daily you'd have a more valid point.

But, seriously, don't let it bother you because it isn't worth the energy.

EDIT: It seems more frequent because this place is dead right now.

Edited by Maharin (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Am i the only one that is annoyed by those pointless small talk, roleplaying or whatever all these posts are supposed to be, posts posted in new threads over and over with completely nonsense titles by always the same user?

yes

sometimes a little humor is needed around here as way too may things are taken too literal.

if anyone was doing something that shouldnt happen, the moderators would or will take care of it. :)

sometimes i see useless stuff too, but just go with the flow or i have a laugh as well..  and hell sometimes i contribute to the fun... its better then seeing the constant bickering back and forth over trying to raise a dead horse or name calling that we see.

7 hours ago, Diragor said:

No kids being in the game can be explained quiet easily. The Zombie Virus doesn't effect kids. It's only harmful do adults. That would explain why there are no zombies of them. Now about the missing kids NPC's/Bandits. Simply saying the Bandits don't want to deal with them so they don't have any and maybe TFP can add some kid NPC at the Trader so it feels "realistic" they don't need to be interactive.

From what TFP said and by the look of some cars, it would be the players who were the kids when the Zombie apocalypse hit.

So, call it 15 years ago when year 0 of the virus hit and now the kids are grown.

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)

1 hour ago, unholyjoe said:

sometimes i see useless stuff too, but just go with the flow or i have a laugh as well.. 

I probably would laugh too, if i at least had a context what the hell he's even blubbering about. And if the title would at least say what's the point of this post (if it did, i wouldn't even had clicked it). But ok, as suggested as "preferred" solution, i put him on my ignore list.

So basically he looted a random POI in a singleplayer game, so the fun stuff should be: He came to the idea he's looting someones house, who still lives there and he probably  took away their kids food? That's it? Under a lots of assumptions, where is the funny part?

Probably i'd get it, if i'd been high too?

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

This is an international forum and as such what passes for humor in one culture will be inexplicable in another. These threads don't break any rules and I see them as light-hearted silliness. If this were the Mayo Clinic forum and we were discussing Meningitis then I could see being against light hearted nonsensical silliness but this is a video game forum for a game about zombies that can be found in a building called "Poopy Pants Daycare"....

Silliness is allowed-- especially in General Discussions with how strict I'm being in the official A20 thread. Lighten up and relax.

And the responsibility for what you read and see is ALWAYS up to you. So it is proper and correct to expect YOU to put people on ignore that annoy you and not expect me to stifle the posts of every random user whose sense of humor doesn't somehow match up with yours. 

Edited by Roland (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Liesel Weppen said:

As I see it, general discussion is almost anything about the game. My little story about digging up somebody's driveway is something I've actually thought about in game. It's called immersion.  Sometimes this is called role playing. 

I don't see any sense in being negative about a post just because I don't like it. That's just being mean.

4 hours ago, Roland said:

Well....there’s mean and then there’s digging up another man’s driveway.

...and then there’s Rekt. 

i wish we could kill the traders for being soo rude to us like what have i ever done to rekt to deserve the @%$#ty attitude he has XD

On 4/12/2021 at 12:06 PM, Diragor said:

Well , most/nearly all Adults died to the virus.... and the kids just died of starvation or got eaten by the zombies. Simple solution and the most obvious one.

7 hours ago, 7daysexpert said:

i wish we could kill the traders for being soo rude to us like what have i ever done to rekt to deserve the @%$#ty attitude he has XD

While a double barrel shotgun blast to Rekt's face would be entertaining, I suspect his security detail would return the favor in short order.  And it would probably kill your reputation with all of the other traders.  So maybe you could treat it like eating glass?

Yup.

My theory is Trader Rekt has a dozen snipers with .50 cal rifles and laser targeting so the customer and Rekt both know he can talk any crap he wants to.

Otherwise a desperate/crazy enough person would have shot Rekt's mouth off after Rekt shot his mouth off. 

Edit: One Youtuber's theory is all the traders are aliens because of the force fields around them and their compounds.  :D

Edited by Aldranon (see edit history)

8 hours ago, 7daysexpert said:

trader rekt is protected under the nokilli act and as such, he is entitled to his freedom of speech as we are... but he tends to over step his rights as the bleep bleep called me a bleep bleep.

just do what i do when wife isnt around .... i go to dr jen for medical help (physical and mental). <looks over shoulder to see where wife is> :)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)