Will it hold up?

DarkMandero

Spoiler

У меня видеокарта NVidia GTX 660 и довольно слабенький процессор+Windows 7, потянет ли мой пк 20 альфу? 

I have a graphics card NVidia GTX 660 and a pretty weak processor + Windows 7, will my pc 20 alpha?

Edited by meganoth
language (see edit history)

• meganoth changed the title to Will it hold up?

My last PC was an i3 2120 with 750 Ti and 8 GB RAM and I could manage to play A19 with some graphical tweaking... it wasn't as pretty, but it was playable, so I'd assume that it would run A20 similarly.

Don't know your exact PC specs though :)

My Min-spec testing was on an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz with 8GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, a 1TB 7200rpm platter drive, and a GTX 660Ti.

I was able to achieve 60FPS with a fair bit of cutting in the graphics options and texture resolutions.  My most recent test I fried the 660, and used a 770, but the overall results are pretty much the same. (Since the client relies on the CPU and RAM here, and the GPU isn't utilized due to the lack of VRAM, the end results are almost identical between the two cards.)

My primary PC until just about a year ago was an i7-3930k. You can see some comparison tests I ran with it here.

I stopped playing this game with a GTX 660 back when it was I think Alpha 12 or 13 back when the game only needed 2gb of vram, and even then, I could only run it at medium settings. I doubt it can run this game very well anymore on medium settings especially if your CPU is weak. But if your expectations are low and are ok with running the game on low - lowest settings, you might be ok with it. I've read about ppl claiming to run this game on much worse hardware than that.

I’ve moved away from fullscteen to “windowed mode” (try it, you may like it after awhile) with decreased resolution and lowered graphics settings to “low”, then customized (raise some, lower some) to try to hit > 40 FPS at all times. I hated it when I first did it, but now I don’t notice it (as much) and enjoy the game. I’m sure if I upgraded my PC/graphics I would immediately be blown away by how awesome it looks. I might consider this a gift to myself someday when the game goes gold ;)

also: I had another system that was an old windows asus laptop that would literally crash the game immediately when the player loaded in (get 1 FPS, a few sounds, the crash). After a Fresh reinstall of windows with a new SSD drive and it actually runs it almost fine. Using only the integrated graphics card and is not a gaming laptop by any means. Many settings turned down though to get decent FPS. 

Just saying, where there’s a will, there’s likely a way ;)  I’m really looking forward for any optimizations I’ve been hearing about a20 and possibly backports for a19.

23 hours ago, Fox said:

I stopped playing this game with a GTX 660 back when it was I think Alpha 12 or 13 back when the game only needed 2gb of vram, and even then, I could only run it at medium settings. I doubt it can run this game very well anymore on medium settings especially if your CPU is weak. But if your expectations are low and are ok with running the game on low - lowest settings, you might be ok with it. I've read about ppl claiming to run this game on much worse hardware than that.

well im running it on my potato pc on lowest specs

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz    58 °C
    Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
    4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
    Hewlett-Packard 3048h (XU1 PROCESSOR)
Graphics
    DELL 1704FPV (1280x1024@60Hz)
    DELL 1704FPV (1280x1024@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (ZOTAC International)    63 °C
Storage
    465GB Seagate ST3500413AS (SATA)    38 °C
    465GB Seagate ST3500630NS (SATA)    43 °C
Optical Drives
    HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50
Audio
    Realtek High Definition Audio

@7daysexpert I can't believe you're able to get anything better than a slideshow with a GPU like that which realistically should not have ever existed at all because it was garbage before it even released. I think even some APUs of that generation (CPU with internal graphics) were better than that GT610. GT series cards just feel like a blatant scam in my opinion. New, they cost just as much as a used GTX card except 100x worse in performance, it makes no sense.

Edited by Fox (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Fox said:

@7daysexpert I can't believe you're able to get anything better than a slideshow with a GPU like that which realistically should not have ever existed at all because it was garbage before it even released. I think even some APUs of that generation (CPU with internal graphics) were better than that GT610. GT series cards just feel like a blatant scam in my opinion. New, they cost just as much as a used GTX card except 100x worse in performance, it makes no sense.

i know im suprised too tested it out took max settings to lag my game out XD