A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

I have been playing around with Nitrogen for the last week. It seems like it is/was a great tool. However, many of the POI's that generate into my map are broken. The best example is that drawbridges seem to just look like stacks of wood, some buildings have blocks filling them in (look like they have a marble texture, etc). I have given up on getting a fully working map. The only mod I'm using is Compo 47 for Nitrogen and it is a must. I'm hosting a new game for my birthday next week. Can anyone point me to a place where there are already some working 8k maps that use Compo 47? Or would someone with a working version be willing to create me a strong map with many of the 47 POI's? I really want Quiet Pines, the TV Tower Restaurant, and the Castle M1 present. 

Also, on a side note, I saw that someone had created a Nitrogen map that used the United Kingdom as the landmass but that it is buggy and doesn't work well. I'd really like to get one like that working! That sounds like a lot of fun. 

2 hours ago, JodoKirvanti said:

I have been playing around with Nitrogen for the last week. It seems like it is/was a great tool. However, many of the POI's that generate into my map are broken. The best example is that drawbridges seem to just look like stacks of wood, some buildings have blocks filling them in (look like they have a marble texture, etc). I have given up on getting a fully working map. The only mod I'm using is Compo 47 for Nitrogen and it is a must. I'm hosting a new game for my birthday next week. Can anyone point me to a place where there are already some working 8k maps that use Compo 47? Or would someone with a working version be willing to create me a strong map with many of the 47 POI's? I really want Quiet Pines, the TV Tower Restaurant, and the Castle M1 present. 

Also, on a side note, I saw that someone had created a Nitrogen map that used the United Kingdom as the landmass but that it is buggy and doesn't work well. I'd really like to get one like that working! That sounds like a lot of fun. 

What you are describing is the texture glitch. Easy to fix exit game and re enter. It isnt a nitrogen problem. Also in vanilla.

The drawbridge one is not fixed tho this way but when you get closer it will change to the actual block.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

What you are describing is the texture glitch. Easy to fix exit game and re enter. It isnt a nitrogen problem. Also in vanilla.

The drawbridge one is not fixed tho this way but when you get closer it will change to the actual block.

I tried exiting and re-entering. Multiple times with multiple maps. It did not correct it. The drawbridges, where this error occurs, does not correct when I walk up to it. They also have the  interior of the castles with the same issue with the marble-like blocks. Players on my server all encountered the same issue for the same POI each visit. It's definitely something with my install of Nitrogen or Compo (I include Compo because it hasn't happened on any Vanilla POI's). I did try uninstalling both Nitrogen and 7DtD (and reinstalled Compo) to no avail. 

1 hour ago, JodoKirvanti said:

I tried exiting and re-entering. Multiple times with multiple maps. It did not correct it. The drawbridges, where this error occurs, does not correct when I walk up to it. They also have the  interior of the castles with the same issue with the marble-like blocks. Players on my server all encountered the same issue for the same POI each visit. It's definitely something with my install of Nitrogen or Compo (I include Compo because it hasn't happened on any Vanilla POI's). I did try uninstalling both Nitrogen and 7DtD (and reinstalled Compo) to no avail. 

the marble texture is a vanilla glitch tfp are aware and it is also noted in bugs section. . exiting and re entering does fix. may have to do this a couple times. the draw bridge is also a vanilla bug and getting closer to it does fix. You may not be close enough.  

does all the players have the prefabs on the client side game prefab folder to. 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, 7daysexpert said:

or he can try typing pois after he hits the F1 key that may work :)

Also a great point. Yeh it sometimes does to. But more often then not exiting and re entering fixes the marble texture bug . Occasionally have to do it a couple times. 

But yeh either worth a try.

I'm having difficulty getting the nitrogen map I generated to work correctly. I'm sure it's a "me" problem but I just can't figure what I did wrong. I rent a dedicated server from Bluefang. I used Nitrogen to create an 8k map named TurtleSoup. Using the explanation that Guppy made in the first post, I took the Nitrogen output folder TurtleSoup and uploaded it to the Data/Worlds folder on the server. On the command line, I changed the GameName to TurtleSoup and the WorldGenSeed to TurtleSoup. I then started the server and it spent 40 minutes generating a new map so obviously didn't pick up the uploaded folder. Are there other command line changes that I need to edit? Such as changing GameWorld=RWG to something else or userdatafolder=worldgen to something else? I'm feeling sort of stupid not being able to figure this out. Thanks in advance.

On 2/4/2021 at 8:35 PM, 7daysexpert said:

or he can try typing pois after he hits the F1 key that may work :)

I tried this and I get the message "Distant POIs not active!

Exiting a half dozen times seems to work but doing that for every POI is cumbersome. Might just use a RWG map instead of Nitrogen. It doesn't happen on those.

On 1/30/2021 at 6:57 PM, Cpt Krunch said:

Yeah, 8k was my max up until recently, and thats only because I get so many requests for large maps. Ive never had trouble with 16k maps SP, but everyone else Ive known that uses them have seemed to.  10k makes sense on a server with 20+ players, and there are tools to reload regions, so its doable, but the server admins need to have the resources and the ability to reset those regions. 

Well i always played 16k maps and i did not have any problems what so ever :) that being said i do have 1 issue and that sometimes when i generated one i could not load into the map but thats about as far as the problems go.

18 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

Yes it does. It is a vanilla bug...

You all keep saying that and I believe you. Seriously, I do. But I'll be more clear:

It happens on every Nitrogen Map I create. I have generated 6 RWG worlds and it hasn't happened at all to me. I just can't get the POI's I want in a RWG world for some reason so I was hoping there was a solution or someone had a working Nitrogen map that fit my needs. It seems that's a no. Thank you all anyway for trying to help. I'm learning!

On 2/9/2021 at 8:40 AM, JodoKirvanti said:

You all keep saying that and I believe you. Seriously, I do. But I'll be more clear:

It happens on every Nitrogen Map I create. I have generated 6 RWG worlds and it hasn't happened at all to me. I just can't get the POI's I want in a RWG world for some reason so I was hoping there was a solution or someone had a working Nitrogen map that fit my needs. It seems that's a no. Thank you all anyway for trying to help. I'm learning!

@Jodo .. if we are still talking about marble texture block issue here .. Yes it is a Vanilla bug and TFP are aware .. But seems to happen more in Nitrogen Now than it used to .. Unfortunately  nitrogen has gotten out dated by all TFP updates and has some real problems .. Like most of us .. We are hoping that TFP do use some of the Features in up coming version of game.

My main reason to use nitrogen is the landscaping value .. I don't like Wasteland and Burnt forest

Have a good one and Take Care ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

1 hour ago, gpcstargate said:

@Jodo .. if we are still talking about marble texture block issue here .. Yes it is a Vanilla bug and TFP are aware .. But seems to happen more in Nitrogen Now than it used to .. Unfortunately  nitrogen has gotten out dated by all TFP updates and has some real problems .. Like most of us .. We are hoping that TFP do use some of the Features in up coming version of game.

My main reason to use nitrogen is the landscaping value .. I don't like Wasteland and Burnt forest

Have a good one and Take Care ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

Simple exit and re enter fixes it and can play on. 

Turn All reflections in the video options to off also reduces it happening.  

So I'm assuming that the world data is saved in the subfolders inside the Roaming profile folder? I'm trying to use Nitrogen to build a custom world, then modify my game settings and point to this world data.

But I don't know how to do it? Do you change the folder name to equal the GameWorld property field? 

I've tried ^ this before, but I've never found the any folder or file matching mjy GameWorld data. I have no idea where the actual game data goes or how to point to a new game data.

1 hour ago, Lonestarcanuck said:

I have a server owner who does not want to use Nitrogen (V0.501?) because he believes it does not have all the A19.x prefabs.  

is this true? I generated a map using the A19 Vanilla prefabs and I think I see all or most of them.

thanks

It's possible that it doesn't if any were added during experimental. This is due to the fact that support for Nitrogen dropped well before a19.0 went stable.

It shouldn't be too tough to add them in though if any were missing. And to be perfectly honest, if any are missing, it's probably not more than 3-5 total out of 500+

• SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - a Random World Generator for 7DTD

Since installing the latest version of Java, I have not been able to get NitroGen to function at all.  It keeps telling me that it needs a Java environment to work, but Java is installed and fully functional on my system.  Im not running microsoft edge which I understand has been having trouble with Java Recently, I use Firefox so I really cant understand what is going on.  Have tried removing and reinstalling, repair, rebooting my system, checking my virus protection...nothing has worked.

2 hours ago, Lonestarcanuck said:

So is Nitrogen no longer support or being developed?  

it is the best map maker and so fast!

Saddens me also. Sometimes I would spend more time making maps with it than playing lol. I loved making my "prairies" maps and adding the elevated highways to repair.

You have to add them to the nitrogen prefab list for them to work. It isn't hard but it is very time consuming. You need the numbers from the editor and the nitrogen zones you want them in. The list of zones is near the top. You entry should look something like this.

-A19-dwalls_Farm_Cocoa,Industrial;ResidentialOld,0,-1,11,3,13,farm

The numbers will be in the editor and the nitrogen zone would be on the end.