A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

14 hours ago, Cpt Krunch said:

Might try changing that 'import from' to 'resources' folder. Ive also attached a completely flat height map for you. Just drop this in 'resource' folder and change the height map setting from 'generate new' to 'use import_hm.png. This will give you a completely flat map every time.

Thank you!!

Another question is it possible to remove all resources from the map, so no tree's materials etc?

6 hours ago, Parzival2020 said:

Another question is it possible to remove all resources from the map, so no tree's materials etc?

Two ways that I know how to do this. Either with a modlet, or just hit F1 and types 'trees'.

1 hour ago, Cpt Krunch said:

Two ways that I know how to do this. Either with a modlet, or just hit F1 and types 'trees'.

Thanks @Cpt Krunch - I have managed to get it done with a whole load of this in biomes.xml:

<set xpath="/worldgeneration/biomes/biome[@name='desert']/decorations/decoration[@type='prefab' and @name='deco_iron_vein']/@prob">0</set>	

for each resource type in my biome and I now have the most features, flat and boring terrain possible!!! - Perfect :)

Edited by Parzival2020 (see edit history)

Hello, I'm new to the game and very new to nitrogen as well. I've already created my custom height map and biomes and I can generate the maps no problem but I realized when trying to edit the worlds that a lot of the prefabs I use don't match the biomes they spawned in. I was wondering if there is a way to do that that I may have missed. I'm using v0.501.

1 hour ago, adrian said:

Hello, I'm new to the game and very new to nitrogen as well. I've already created my custom height map and biomes and I can generate the maps no problem but I realized when trying to edit the worlds that a lot of the prefabs I use don't match the biomes they spawned in. I was wondering if there is a way to do that that I may have missed. I'm using v0.501.

Hi @adrian

Welcome to the game and nitrogen.

Nitrogen unfortunately doesn't allow biome specific spawning unfortunately. 

Regards

Stallionsden

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

Hi @adrian

Welcome to the game and nitrogen.

Nitrogen unfortunately doesn't allow biome specific spawning unfortunately. 

Regards

Stallionsden

That's unfortunate, thanks for the reply!

33 minutes ago, gpcstargate said:

Good Day ALL

DO we Know if anyone is planning to Take over this Great Software to keep it going .. Such a great piece of work that needs to be maintained by someone of knowledge that can keep it great.

Just Wondering and Thank You

@gpcstargateI would say check out KingGen, that is making some rapid ground in the map making area.... It is working reasonably nicely so far and @adrian KingGen also supports biome specific buildings.

It is also very fast, probably faster than Nitrogen by about a factor

1 hour ago, gpcstargate said:

Good Day ALL

DO we Know if anyone is planning to Take over this Great Software to keep it going .. Such a great piece of work that needs to be maintained by someone of knowledge that can keep it great.

Just Wondering and Thank You

Unfortunately they would require the source code for it to be able to continue with it.

5 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Unfortunately they would require the source code for it to be able to continue with it.

Yes. I had considered it, but have not received any responses from the author. And to be honest, I've stopped trying to reach him. If he's stepped away, that's all there is. KingGen is shaping up, but everything is going to change in a20 also. So don't get too attached just yet. 

On 5/13/2021 at 11:05 AM, stallionsden said:

Dont necessarily need the source code to put out an A20 version, I just wanted the source code in order to add some features I want. Ive reworked whats already there to a very high degree, my current version is more than capable of handling A20 as i have it now. I want to wait and see what Damo does or does not do, but Im ready to step in to fill the space for the time being. Im also working with King to get King Gen working to a level where i could replace it for Nitro, but I think thats going to take some time. If I dont hear back from Damocles after A20 Drops, I will probably make a non-monetized version available to the community.

Edited by SylenThunder (see edit history)

Hello everyone i been playing this game for a long time now but 100% new to this program, im sorry if this has already been answered but reading through 106 pages would take forever, is there a way i can guarantee certain spawns? for example how the pregen maps in 7 days dont have the massive skyscraper found in the desert of navezgane, can i get that skyscraper to spawn in nitro? 

10 hours ago, dennis bergkamp said:

Hello everyone i been playing this game for a long time now but 100% new to this program, im sorry if this has already been answered but reading through 106 pages would take forever, is there a way i can guarantee certain spawns? for example how the pregen maps in 7 days dont have the massive skyscraper found in the desert of navezgane, can i get that skyscraper to spawn in nitro? 

Hi Dennis, could you elaborate a bit? The tags Nitro uses are a bit less specific than those you would find in RWG, and specific biome placements are not supported generally. All towns and cities are generated from the same basic pool of POI tags without really getting into the weeds and doing a lot of steps manually by hand, which most people really do not want to mess around with.

If you are more or less new to this process, you may want to look at King Gen, which is also available here in the Forums. King Gen I think is a bit more player friendly, whereas Nitro is more geared towards the modder/admin type map making sort of stuff. Hope this is helpful.

Edited by Cpt Krunch (see edit history)

Just now, Samdaman1995 said:

Is the link to the latest version buried somewhere in this topic?

It's in the first post. And not just a link, but the file is directly attached to the post right under the link. lt is also mentioned and linked very recently in this thread just in the last couple of pages.

Sorry, but I have to ask. Did you even look?

2 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

It's in the first post. And not just a link, but the file is directly attached to the post right under the link. lt is also mentioned and linked very recently in this thread just in the last couple of pages.

Sorry, but I have to ask. Did you even look?

Isn't the link in the first post out of date?  It does say experimental on it.

2 minutes ago, Samdaman1995 said:

Isn't the link in the first post out of date?  It does say experimental on it.

Yes. It's one of the primary reasons I recommend against using Nitrogen for playing games you care about.  You might want to read some of the recent posts in the thread. Even just 5 or 6 posts ago this is discussed.

Just now, SylenThunder said:

Yes. It's one of the primary reasons I recommend against using Nitrogen for playing games you care about.  You might want to read some of the recent posts in the thread. Even just 5 or 6 posts ago this is discussed.

I see, because I played on a server that used Nitrogen and it was pretty stable, and I liked the structures that Nitrogen makes I want to play with it in single player and possibly with friends

11 hours ago, Samdaman1995 said:

I see, because I played on a server that used Nitrogen and it was pretty stable, and I liked the structures that Nitrogen makes I want to play with it in single player and possibly with friends

Nitrogen doesn't make the structures. That's CompoPack...