A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

5 hours ago, Raestloz said:

is there an entry point to the generated highway, or do i need to manually build one (and consequently the exits)?

I've seen no on/off ramps for the highways.  You'll need to repair many sections of the highway as well.  

1 hour ago, UnwishedJack said:

So has anyone tried this with the Stable yet? Does it work okay?

I just took one to horde yesterday and have yet to experience any issues.  I've heard some old POIs were giving console errors in experimental but haven't experienced it myself.  There also appears to be a workaround you can add listed in the original post.

17 hours ago, fabulux said:

I wonder if there would be a way in NitroGen to have a drop down menu (or some other means) to alter the size of each 'zone' (industrial, houses, citycenter etc.) like the current menu for 'city size'. I would love to be able to, for instance, make the 'houses' zone bigger, shrink the 'citycenter' zone or whatever. A little more granular control of the city and town 'zones' or 'areas' would be phenomenal. I don't know how much work or how difficult that would be, however. 

No idea how much work it would be as I am not a programmer, but I would imagine a decent amount.  I totally second that notion though as that would be a fantastic feature.  Throw in the same level of control for biomes and you'd be able to make some amazing maps!

I'm using the map generated for B180 using compopack 44 and as far as the map itself have no issue. I do however get RAM issues, for some reason lately my 16GB RAM isn't enough after a while the situation gets so bad the game grinds to a halt and I either kill it or it crashes. Anyone else have a similar issue?

35 minutes ago, TRJ-Voron said:

Maybe someone create a19 stable prefab list for nitrogen?🥺

The author of the program is missing... I don't think he'll answer soon.

Need to add more new poi appeared in experemental

Compo pack 45 is out and works. I made a video showing how to use it with NitroGen. That video is on the Compo Pack thread's OP now. 

@Damocles, as always this tool is amazing.   

I have one humble suggestion/idea if its possible.  Is there a way to add an option to have it space out the cities/towns around the map so they all don't clump up right together in one part of the map leaving a section almost unused?

3 hours ago, EpicSpire said:

If you're using vanilla prefab, why do you need a list for NitroGen.  It's the Default list. Or am I missing something? 

I think TRJ is asking how to update the prefabs list used by the April version of Nitrogen to include Utility_celltower_02 + remnant_house_13 added by A19 Stable.
Also I think  a couple of prefabs were renamed in the stable build - Nitrogen has it's own list and does not pull data from the installed game

Combopack can be off-putting for people with a dedicated server as files need to be installed on their users computer. I wish the server would allow poi downloads as many users are a little concerned about having to install files on their pc or just can't find where to put them. 

Edited by Huck
Del renamed not found (see edit history)

On 8/23/2020 at 9:31 AM, Raestloz said:

I'm using the map generated for B180 using compopack 44 and as far as the map itself have no issue. I do however get RAM issues, for some reason lately my 16GB RAM isn't enough after a while the situation gets so bad the game grinds to a halt and I either kill it or it crashes. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Yeah. I wish I could play these nitro maps but 16 just aint cutting it anymore.

Please help! I would like a mainly flat map with some hills and very slight elevation here and there but mainly flat with no mountains. I would prefer to have natural generation with just desert, snow, and grassland biomes but I can't achieve these results without there being at least 1 mountain in one of the biomes. The greenland will be mostly flat and then the desert and snow biomes are nothing but mountain, I have tweaked the generation for a couple days and cannot make the map I am looking for. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to generate what i'm looking for or what presets I should use to create the map I want?

11 minutes ago, mangotime said:

Please help! I would like a mainly flat map with some hills and very slight elevation here and there but mainly flat with no mountains. I would prefer to have natural generation with just desert, snow, and grassland biomes but I can't achieve these results without there being at least 1 mountain in one of the biomes. The greenland will be mostly flat and then the desert and snow biomes are nothing but mountain, I have tweaked the generation for a couple days and cannot make the map I am looking for. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to generate what i'm looking for or what presets I should use to create the map I want?

Hi mangotime

Check this video, I hope it helps you.

An addition and a code of changed Vanilla prefablist are these.

addition
house_modern_15,USED,2,-4,31,18,46,houses
house_modern_16,USED,2,-5,35,16,55,houses
house_modern_17,USED,2,-4,28,19,41,houses
remnant_house_13,USED,2,-1,23,16,46,houses
bombshelter_01,USED,2,-13,25,34,47,downtown;smalltown

changed
utility_celltower_02,USED,2,-1,22,59,26,alone;industrial

NOTRADER.thumb.jpg.c94f5f5e4751d50b3e922ac2b34d3688.jpg

Not sure why I get this with the latest Nitrogen + compo pack. Only way I can get the quest to give me a trader location is wiping all save data at the launcher then I will get one map with trader location. If I then make another map I get this... only way is to wipe all stored data again. Therefore I can only have one map at a time as have to always delete everything other save. Seems to me problem is with compo pack. Easiest way to delete compo pack? (remove the prefabs folder?)

11 hours ago, talonofwindspeak said:

With further testing - new install of nitrogen, removal of compo pack, the nitrogen maps no longer give beginning quest functionality on completion - get the Locate Trader NO TRADER. It appears to be something broken in the prefabs list referencing the traders.

You must have done something Wrong ...

Like turned Off Trader's or not selected them. I have never had an issue with getting trader's. ........... ALSO did you install Java 64 bit .. which is a manual install.

804439831_DesktopScreenshot2020_08.28-09_29_02_57.thumb.png.675020da264ba914a07b98f326e6f204.png

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Hey anyone else having a "problem" with flatlands? 

I generally generate pretty flat worlds (because its easier to build the huge defensive structures i like to build) but currently i run into huge areas of flatland that dont have any vegetation whatsoever. They arent forest biome as there is no texture grass on the ground.

Just huge empty spaces of land with dirt like ground.

Is there a way to generate mostly flat worlds, i do like some mountains but as i said would like some open flat areas to build on, that are mostly forest biome with some snow/desert sprinkled in?

Anyway thanks for the great generator, really saves a lot of time while make more beautiful maps.

14 hours ago, talonofwindspeak said:

NOTRADER.thumb.jpg.c94f5f5e4751d50b3e922ac2b34d3688.jpg

Not sure why I get this with the latest Nitrogen + compo pack. Only way I can get the quest to give me a trader location is wiping all save data at the launcher then I will get one map with trader location. If I then make another map I get this... only way is to wipe all stored data again. Therefore I can only have one map at a time as have to always delete everything other save. Seems to me problem is with compo pack. Easiest way to delete compo pack? (remove the prefabs folder?)

Same me happened just keep re-generator world will work show up trader locations. I think quests not detected any traders around map.
I was re-generator my UK maps pack worked again

Just now, CptMcSexy said:

Is there anyway to make the wasteland biomes not spawn as just circles surrounded by a mountain?

Hi CpMcSexy

Just editing nitrogen files, but I don't know much about that or wait for Damocles to appear on the forums.

Just now, frozenoj said:

I haven't tried with stable but in experimental the traders were there, it would just say that until you got really close to them.

Hi frozenoj

What is the problem that has happened to you?
If the trader teleports you to another place when you approach, it is because it still does not open, it is normal.

Although there are also fake traders full of zombies, it sure is that.

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Wolves Hero said:

Same me happened just keep re-generator world will work show up trader locations. I think quests not detected any traders around map.
I was re-generator my UK maps pack worked again

I have been using nitrogen since it came out and never had an issue like this, alpha 18 never gave me a single problem - this really has me stumped. Checked the file that lists all the POIs and it lists traders and a lot of them. Have tried to generate a lot of maps and in different settings with the same result no trader location. One thing I noticed is at one time when looking in the file with the generated POIs previous versions it would identify the trader like settlement_trader (alpha 18) and give the coordinate location. Now it lists the traders individually and specifically by name like trader_hughes, trader_jen, and so on. When the quest is trying to reference a trader to fill the lookup for trader location and to put the marker on your map it's not finding that reference so something must be wrong there. Could be that some updating between game and the generator, file storage and something not getting properly dealt with. I have removed portions of the files and forced steam to verify and update and ran it twice the first time it replenished the poi folder (due to the compo pack). Then I ran verification again and it updated some other files. I then used the in game random generator to make a perfect map that works just fine. One thing the map generated is like running much smoother than nitrogen map, the nitrogen map was so laggy with massive frame drops on a 4k x 4 k map was terrible. Not sure what's up with the latest version on my computer but something has gone wrong. Helped my server I play on run Nitrogen for the first time and it made a perfect 12 k x 12 k map which the server owner is very happy with. So whatever the issue is it's some kind of file issue or corruption on my end. Going to leave it rest for now and maybe take a crack at it again at a later date.

30 minutes ago, Gouki said:

Hi frozenoj

What is the problem that has happened to you?
If the trader teleports you to another place when you approach, it is because it still does not open, it is normal.

Although there are also fake traders full of zombies, it sure is that.

The thing some people are reporting where it says Locate Trader NO TRADER when you start a game and are doing the beginning quests. It might say no trader, but there is one. When you get closer to it the text will update from NO TRADER to how close you are. At least that's what happened during experimental. 

37 minutes ago, frozenoj said:

The thing some people are reporting where it says Locate Trader NO TRADER when you start a game and are doing the beginning quests. It might say no trader, but there is one. When you get closer to it the text will update from NO TRADER to how close you are. At least that's what happened during experimental. 

I think that is a vanilla bug, not so much Nitrogen and it is solved (in my case) by finding another.