A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Must be missing something with loading generated maps on a dedicated server.  Generated a custom 10k world.  Edited relevant section of serverconfig.xml to the following

<!-- World -->
    <property name="GameWorld"         value="Aeths_v19p1_Nitrogen"/>
    <property name="WorldGenSeed"    value="Aeths_v19p1_Nitrogen"/>
    <property name="WorldGenSize"      value="10240"/>

<property name="GameName"          value="Aeths_v19p1_Nitrogen"/>
    <property name="GameMode"          value="GameModeSurvival"/>

<property name="UserDataFolder"    value="D:\GameServers\7D2D-SVR-2020_a19.1\Saves" />
    <property name="SaveGameFolder"  value="D:\GameServers\7D2D-SVR-2020_a19.1\Saves" />

Copied the generated map to /saves/GeneratedWorlds/Aeths_v19p1_Nitrogen/ and ran the startup script
Nope, server generates it's own map.

Copied the generated map to /Data/Worlds/Aeths_v19p1_Nitrogen/ and ran the startup script.

Since the server insists on making the map "Seciha County" in generated worlds, I deleted the generated stuff and copied my custom map over.  Now it seems to be working.

19 hours ago, egosumumbravir said:

Must be missing something with loading generated maps on a dedicated server.  Generated a custom 10k world.  Edited relevant section of serverconfig.xml to the following

Copied the generated map to /saves/GeneratedWorlds/Aeths_v19p1_Nitrogen/ and ran the startup script

Copied the generated map to /Data/Worlds/Aeths_v19p1_Nitrogen/ and ran the startup script.

Since the server insists on making the map "Seciha County" in generated worlds, I deleted the generated stuff and copied my custom map over.  Now it seems to be working.

Did you copy the prefabs.xml from the newly generated worlds folder to the ......\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs folder?

Edited by BadKarma (see edit history)

On 10/4/2020 at 2:41 PM, danielspoa said:

^
not op but I tried that and didnt work. Im admin of the dedi server. Client players cant do it either

gonna fire the game to see the exact message

add permissions for people to use the pois command in your admins.xml

<permission cmd="pois" permission_level="1000" />

I'm using this with Compopack in the latest A19, but for some reason whenever I generate a map and load a game in it, I do the starter quests and there is no trader.  But the preview map shows spots for the trader.  When I go there in game, the area is blank.  Is there something I am not doing correctly perhaps?  Am I the only one with this issue or has other people had it?

Thanks in advance for any help

Is anyone else having issues with the note quests? I pick them up and activate them, but the only ones that seem to kinda work are the killing rabits or animals ones, any of the ones that require you to go to a location to start them don't work at all. I'm using Nitro and the compo in the newest versions, but also had this same issue on the last versions as well in a19. They aren't needed, but are a little extra fun for some added xp.

3 hours ago, Csnuke said:

I'm using this with Compopack in the latest A19, but for some reason whenever I generate a map and load a game in it, I do the starter quests and there is no trader.  But the preview map shows spots for the trader.  When I go there in game, the area is blank.  Is there something I am not doing correctly perhaps?  Am I the only one with this issue or has other people had it?

I had a similar issue a few weeks ago, as have many others it seems. The only fix I know of personally is to create a new map and hope it works. There is a new compopack, I just used it a few days ago and it worked okay, so if you don't have that maybe try it. 

17 hours ago, Csnuke said:

This just came up on Discord as well and a guy that know posted this fix:

" did you get the latest A19 compatible version of Nitrogen and the combo pack?

Basic cause is A19 renamed the trader POIs (along with a bunch of other POIs) so worlds generated for A18 will not have valid traders in A19."

So, make sure you have the latest version of both Nitrogen and Compopack.

Hi all - does anyone know if the Nitrogen map generator takes into account any mods installed? We've been trying to transfer our characters to a new map, and when logging in for the first time it fails char creation and reverts the char back to level 1.

I don't have the server-side-only mods that only have the "Config" folder installed on my computer, where I'm generating the maps.

Just thought I'd check and see if there might be a potential issue with the new map we're generating.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Be safe,

Ynnos

I have a wish-list item for NitroGen!  I don't know if there is a better place to post this...

I don't know what exact options but perhaps something like this:

Main option:

Tree spread: Default / Random / Clustered

If selecting Clustered then the following options applies:

1. Size of clearing between clusters: Small, medium, large, Varied

2. Small clusters: None, one, few, some, many, lots

3. Medium clusters: None, one, few, some, many, lots

4. Large clusters: None, one, few, many, lots

5. Very large clusters: None, one, few, many, lots

6. Cluster Tree Density: None, Sparse, Dense, Thick, Varied

7. Tree density in space between clusters: None, sparse, dense, thick, varied

Does anyone know how to get Nitrogen to be more balanced when selecting POIs? I often get 8 of one POI and completely none of some others. I'd like to see everything get included once before it starts duplicating POIs. Is that even possible?

Ok, just installed compopack 46 files into prefabs and the NitroGen resources folder, and I have a few questions before I start generating a new map(s):

1) Is there a way to gen actually flat terrain with no mountains or huge valleys? This has never worked for me using either the settings under Terrain or the sliders under Set Landscape Manually. I don't need literally flat terrain across the entire map, I just want the greatest terrain height variation to be rolling hills or fairly shallow small lakes, like Saskatchewan (known for being so flat you can fall asleep and when you wake up you're still in your lane on the highway and it's hard to tell the difference from before you fell asleep).

2) Is there a way to make the raised highways not have any breaks? The current implementation I find very immersion breaking...perfectly straight sections chopped out of the road from one side to the other. Having no breaks would be more realistic, as there is no actual timeline or lore telling us how long it has been since the war.

3) Is there a way to control the variability of PoIs individually? The last map I made (with compopack45 update 2) had prisons and army silos all over the place. My starting city had 4 prisons all on its own (great if you have loot candy and lock picking candy) and almost every city had 1 or 2, and one city had two of the identical office tower right next to each other.

Edited by GlassDeviant (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Vanish said:

Another question: Is the source code available anywhere? I'd love to get this running completely on a Mac. It works up to counting sheep where it hangs indefinitely. The buttons to open folders also don't work. Should be simple fixes I would imagine.

Very simple fix... stop buying macs if you want to play games... or do anything for that matter since you can build your own cheaper. You obviously have the skill to code, building is far easier.
If you need to brag to others you can just paint a fruit of your choice on the side or put lots of RGB all over it.

On 10/7/2020 at 12:46 PM, Ynnos said:

Hi all - does anyone know if the Nitrogen map generator takes into account any mods installed? We've been trying to transfer our characters to a new map, and when logging in for the first time it fails char creation and reverts the char back to level 1.

I don't have the server-side-only mods that only have the "Config" folder installed on my computer, where I'm generating the maps.

Just thought I'd check and see if there might be a potential issue with the new map we're generating.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Be safe,

Ynnos

It doesn't need to look at the installed mods as they normally don't affect the map or POI's.
If you think they are move the mods folder somewhere else until your done.
Characters on a new map will be starting from Day 1, Level 1.

I generated a map using Nitrogen and I'm unable to play on the map normally. From the moment I placed the map into the saves folder it's been stuck on "Edit" mode with no way to turn it back into a normal playable world, is there a step I missed? Do the generated worlds just not work on 19.1?

Never mind I did miss a step, thought it was just meant to be dropped into the saves folder and loaded like an already played map.

Edited by Bojanglesworth
Fixed my own issue. (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Kharaghar said:

Anyone else got problems with random mining? I dug down from my base and then went in 3 directions but nothing but endless stone... Are there no underground ores in nitrogen worlds?

Works fine for me. I dig 3x3 tunnel at bedrock, hit a different deposit of something every 35 linear blocks or so.

Edited by JCrook1028 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Mrpjspencer said:

My Nitrogen World Generator periodically just freezes on stage 2/3 of output randomly??

Either make a smaller map, or alter the start bat file in the NitroGen folder to make Java use more RAM. I have 16GB so I give it 12GB to work with like this:

java -Xmx12G -jar nitrogen.jar

Edited by GlassDeviant (see edit history)

• SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - a Random World Generator for 7DTD
  • SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE
  • SylenThunder locked this topic