A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

This is my first time using this, and it's.... pretty awesome. Nice work! =)

I actually came here wondering what the "circles" are on the map preview, but read above. Agreed with others if you could make those less of a circle and "fit" better it would be really nice. Either way though, this is excellent, thanks for creating this awesome tool!

In the config file you can set the text size. Try 12.0 or 13.0

The UI is not dynamic enough to allow stretching dropdowns and buttons

I've already tried that, but it's still barely legible from my distance. That's ok though... It's so fast I can put it on my surface pro and generate the worlds that way. Thanks for the reply though!

Only just figured out how to create a biome.png file. The game is pretty picky about the colours being exact. Thankfully there is a fixing tool within this mod which helps no end.

https://imgur.com/BMqYDBd

My first try for a 12k map, more of a proof of concept than one that I'll use.

But at least I'm understanding how to adjust the biome file to change the default sizes and positions of the biomes.

Thankfully paint.net will do this.

Thanks for including the biome fixer tool :)

I've actually already done that for vanilla several weeks ago. I'll have to post mine in case someone wants it. I do however like what Nitrogen does, and compared with the other more complex options, biome size options seems like a pretty easy addition.

Damocles, is there any way we can assist you in development?

Hm, someone could spawn the "OCD" scenario (4k map is enough) and then fly around all the POIs on the south border, and just check if any of them has a wrong y-offset, or some other strange placement bug.

-> that info is needed to update the prefablist.txt

The game sometimes changes the prefabs, and the XML have some wrong descriptions for the y-offsets.

-------------------------

I will soon make a localisation file, so adding new languages for the UI is possible.

Then I need translators of course.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

I've actually already done that for vanilla several weeks ago. I'll have to post mine in case someone wants it. I do however like what Nitrogen does, and compared with the other more complex options, biome size options seems like a pretty easy addition.

Damocles, is there any way we can assist you in development?

Yes a biome size option would be most useful.

Also posting the one that you have made for vanilla would be great to see

Someone could spawn the "OCD" scenario (4k map is enough) and then fly around all the POIs on the south border, and just check if any of them has a wrong y-offset, or some other strange placement bug.

-> That info is needed to update the prefablist.txt

-> The game sometimes changes the prefabs, and the XML have some wrong descriptions for the y-offsets.

Im off Sunday and got no plans, so, maybe I can finally fire up A18 on my 10+ year old PC and give you a helping hand. No promises though as the old girl (PC) is probably not gonna play nice with A18. Been looking on Kijiji for a new PC or at least an upgrade. I will try though.

Im off Sunday and got no plans, so, maybe I can finally fire up A18 on my 10+ year old PC and give you a helping hand. No promises though as the old girl (PC) is probably not gonna play nice with A18. Been looking on Kijiji for a new PC or at least an upgrade. I will try though.

Check Black Friday sales... We purchased some iBuyPower ones from Best buy several years ago, and they are stock name brand parts, and it was cheaper than buying them separately and assembling one by hand.

Check Black Friday sales... We purchased some iBuyPower ones from Best buy several years ago, and they are stock name brand parts, and it was cheaper than buying them separately and assembling one by hand.

Im a super-user nerdy/geek when it comes to PC's. I love putting them together. Thats half the fun of owning the damn things. If I can find a few i5/i7's that people are selling cheap I'll just cobble something together to bring me up to speed. aka, outta the dark ages... :)

Here is my current Rig, so's y'all can have a laugh

QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 2666 MHz

-- not currently OC'd, been there done that on this mobo, can't get much so I dont' bother

Asus P5Q SE Plus (Rev 1.xx)/IntelP45, Eaglelake/AMI.v2204

-- this was in a HP-Pavilion (cough) PC, got it fer $20 off'a some dude

8192 MB (DDR2 SDRAM)

-- supports 16gig, you know how hard it is to find 4x4gig800mhzddr2 that actually work on this board? for cheap?

EVGA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB)

-- a new piece and well worth it, especially 'cause it was just handed to me "Here, a gift for you" kindda thing

Acer P221W 22" LCD 1680x1050

-- mainly for editing programs such as Unity, Blender, Photoshop, FLStudio, etc. when I need a lot of screen

32" Samsung TV 1360x768

-- games, movies, surfing the net and reading code... my eyes are gettin bad so I like the bigger screen for text

VIA VT1708S Audio

-- not bad sound, IF you get the right drivers, add some 3rd party enhancing and get good speakers... so yeah

Samsung (320GB/5400RPM/SATA-II)

-- thats your bootdisk !?! Hey, I'm a gamer. My Win7x64 just sits there doing Ef all, so who cares

SanDisk SSD (480GB/SATA-III)

-- got it super cheap. stores games I'm actively playing

Seagate (500GB/7200RPM/UltraATA/100)

-- this baby is old as dust. stores older dusty games

Seagate (500GB/7200RPM/SATA-II)

-- more games that are older and not played as much

Seagate (500GB/5400RPM/SATA-II)

-- and still more games

Hitachi (320GB/5400RPM/ATA-II)

-- workspace/in-out drive, download/decompress/install/delete, gets tonnes of read/writes, may die soon

hp DVD-RAM SW810

-- it just sits there, looking somewhat sad. Lonely, hungry... hoping, that one day, I will feed it a DVD or CD to burn. (mmm, cookies)

D-Link DWA-130 Wireless N USB Adapter

-- what can I say?... Umm?... It works.

Xbox 360 Controller for PC/Windows

-- for racing and flying games only and the rare time I play any retro 2D metroidvainian/jrpg games

Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7601.24384 SP1, 64-bit

-- updated/optimized/modified/hacked/cracked and de-telemetrized, then made to jump through hoops for my amusal

... and yes it plays 7dtd, not at the highest visual settings or 10,000 frames per second. I'm not really worried about leaves that blow in the breeze, grass that waves in the wind or high definition tree bark when a zombie dog horde is hot on my heels. there's good in every game

I'm happy that it has lasted as long as it has (with a few upgrades over the years) and as long as I take care of it, it should last another few years. Why go to all the effort of keeping that old-assed technology? some would say. Just buy a new one.

Well... I'm gonna. Someday soon. But I wanna build it from scratch so I'm probably gonna buy 2-3 towers off of Kijiji at $200-500 each, plus maybe a better cpu or memory and bif-bam-boom, Bobs yer uncle.

Edited by bigstep70 (see edit history)

Im a super-user nerdy/geek when it comes to PC's. I love putting them together. Thats half the fun of owning the damn things. If I can find a few i5/i7's that people are selling cheap I'll just cobble something together, to bring me up to speed... AKA, outta the dark ages... :)

I was pricing parts a few years ago and stumbled across them.. they use custom cases, but everything else was off the shelf. nvidia branded gpus, asus mb, crucial memory, ect. When I priced out the parts and windows 10, it was 200 more to get the parts about assemble a pc myself.. so I just bought two of them for my wife n myself.

Edited by Gareee (see edit history)

Hm, someone could spawn the "OCD" scenario (4k map is enough) and then fly around all the POIs on the south border, and just check if any of them has a wrong y-offset, or some other strange placement bug.

-> that info is needed to update the prefablist.txt

The game sometimes changes the prefabs, and the XML have some wrong descriptions for the y-offsets.

-------------------------

I will soon make a localisation file, so adding new languages for the UI is possible.

Then I need translators of course.

Might be time to go open source / github with all the traction the project has been gaining lately. The community could contribute to many aspects of it :)

This indicates that it crashed when writing the preview map.

Probably an out of memory.

Workaround: turn off the preview map, or use the "classic" one, that uses less memory.

You could start the generator via the start_8G_Ram_16kMaps.bat file, shows the console to see if an Exception (long list of code references) it thrown.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

Thank You Damocles

For that bit of info about what I was doing wrong .. downloaded the COMPOPACK 40 from the forums and it works great .. OMG, I have forgotten ALL the neat buildings out there that isn't in the Vanilla game and loaded with Z's and even got the undead traders along with the good ones.

Having a blast with it so far .. the trader also have xcustom quest working also .. Made a 8k and a 10k .. both are good.

Have One question thou .. if Steam 7D2D _ does an Update .. will I have to redo the Data folder for COMPOPACK to work or should it be OK??

Thank you again for the help .. the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

The added custom prefabs dont get overwritten. So this should be fine, even if the vanilla prefabs change.

(of course, if they change the vanilla prefabs, those could create some bugs. But TFP also know, that people play on older RWG maps, that would mess up them too)

For sale... 1 stupid computer lol. Or the owner I not sure which be sold first..... i am now playing a 16k map no worries no fps issues...

- - - Updated - - -

Thank You Damocles

For that bit of info about what I was doing wrong .. downloaded the COMPOPACK 40 from the forums and it works great .. OMG, I have forgotten ALL the neat buildings out there that isn't in the Vanilla game and loaded with Z's and even got the undead traders along with the good ones.

Having a blast with it so far .. the trader also have xcustom quest working also .. Made a 8k and a 10k .. both are good.

Have One question thou .. if Steam 7D2D _ does an Update .. will I have to redo the Data folder for COMPOPACK to work or should it be OK??

Thank you again for the help .. the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

Yes lol. Unless ofc you have copied the 7dtd folder and renamed it then the original gets updated and you can continue on the copied 1.

I myself have every version of the game since alpha like 11 or 12 since the great Hal informed me of this...

And atm I have -

a18.1 my modlets for testing my modlets.

A18.1 playable to play actual games with many diff mods

A18.1 prefabs for prefabbing

A18.1 Vals modlets for testing Vals modlets.

Hey so I tried to raise the height of terrain in the config to have a deeper ocean and also more room underground to work with for an underground base. thats my config.txt

//configuration file for version v0.466

DARK_THEME = 1
FONT_SIZE = 11.0
TER_MIN_HIGHT = 4
TER_WATER_SPAWN_AT = 63
TER_BASE_HIGHT = 65
TER_MAX_HIGHT = 255
ALTITUDE_SNOW = 170
ALTITUDE_SNOW_SCATTERED = 165
MAP_BORDER = 200
ROAD_TO_FEW = 2
ROAD_TO_DEFAULT = 3
ROAD_TO_MANY = 4
ROAD_TO_REMOTE_POI_FEW = 4
ROAD_TO_REMOTE_POI_DEFAULT = 1
ROAD_TO_REMOTE_POI_MANY = 1
FORCE_POI_FACE_SOUTH = 0
CITY_GRID_ALIGN_TIGHT = 56
CITY_GRID_ALIGN_MEDIUM = 60
CITY_GRID_ALIGN_WIDE = 64
CITY_GRID_ALIGN_RANDOMIZE = 3
STREET_WIDE_ASPHALT = 10
STREET_EXTEND_ASPHALT = 32
STREET_DAMAGED_ASPHALT = 15
STREET_WIDE_GRAVEL = 6
STREET_EXTEND_GRAVEL = 6
STREET_DAMAGED_GRAVEL = 4
LOT_SMOOTH_OUTER = 12.0
LOT_SMOOTH_INNER = 4.0
LOT_CITY_SMOOTH_OUTER = 30
LOT_CITY_SMOOTH_INNER = 10.0
GEN_CRATER_BASE = 2
GEN_CRATER_MANY = 10
GEN_BURNED_FOREST_BASE = 3
GEN_BURNED_FOREST_MANY = 6
GEN_CRACKS = 16
BIOME_NORTH = 0.17
BIOME_SOUTH = 0.17
RIVERS_FACTOR = 3.0
tTraders = 0,1,2,3,5,
PLAYER_SPAWNPOINTS = 8
tCities = 0.0,0.8,1.4,2.0,3.0,4.5,
tTowns = 0,1,2,4,7,10,
tOldWest = 0,1,2,3,5,8,
tFarms = 0,2,5,11,16,20,
tCustomTowns = 0,1,2,4,7,12,
tRedNecks = 0,2,4,8,14,20,
tOutback = 0,10,30,60,90,170,
tMountainHuts = 0,5,10,25,40,80,
tLakes = 0,10,20,40,80,160,
tBigLakes = 0,4,8,16,20,28,
cityMinimumDistance = 1200
POI_MIN_DISTANCE_TO_OTHER = 4
MIN_DIST_OTHER_SETTLEMENT = 40
MIN_DIST_SETTLEMENT_TO_CITY = 500
cityTerrainCheckRadius = 200
cityTerrainCheckMinElevation = 64
cityTerrainCheckMaxElevation = 95
townTerrainCheckRadius = 120
townTerrainCheckMinElevation = 64
townTerrainCheckMaxElevation = 105
farmTerrainCheckRadius = 40
farmTerrainCheckMinElevation = 64
farmTerrainCheckMaxElevation = 110
outbackTerrainCheckRadius = 20
outbackTerrainCheckMinElevation = 64
outbackTerrainCheckMaxElevation = 120
mountainTerrainCheckRadius = 20
mountainTerrainCheckMinElevation = 120
mountainTerrainCheckMaxElevation = 230
lakeTerrainCheckRadius = 30
lakeTerrainCheckMinElevation = 64
lakeTerrainCheckMaxElevation = 140
ROAD_SMOOTH_A_INNER = 4
ROAD_SMOOTH_A_OUTER = 10
ROAD_SMOOTH_A_SCAN = 3
ROAD_DRAW_A_WIDE = 2
ROAD_SMOOTH_B_INNER = 5
ROAD_SMOOTH_B_OUTER = 14
ROAD_SMOOTH_B_SCAN = 3
ROAD_DRAW_B_WIDE = 3
ROAD_SMOOTH_C_INNER = 5
ROAD_SMOOTH_C_OUTER = 18
ROAD_SMOOTH_C_SCAN = 4
ROAD_DRAW_C_WIDE = 4
ROAD_HIGHT_ROUGH = 65
ROAD_HIGHT_TRAIL = 90
ROAD_SIDE_SMOOTHING_STRENGHT = 0.3

And the result is this:

405tV7e.jpg

What am I doing wrong? ;)

While it looks interesting ... but with the swimming mechanics in 7d2d i'll pass ;)