Alpha 20 Dev Diary

madmole

On 5/1/2021 at 4:03 AM, faatal said:

Should be since they are testing all that in RWG and then having to adjust Nav for changes that move or resize things.

Maybe a stupid question but do main roads ( well with asphalt not gravel roads) will be more "straighty" because there is too much turns ? 

Hey, Are you guys planning to implement something so that we can increase FoV over the 85 mark? Since i can't do that anymore.... 7DTD is one of the best games out there and it's so sad since i can't play it anymore due to Motion Sickness. Prior patches i could increase it and play but not anymore which makes me sad....

All the best!

8 hours ago, Matt115 said:

Maybe a stupid question but do main roads ( well with asphalt not gravel roads) will be more "straighty" because there is too much turns ? 

I'll one up you with an even dumber question:

If it was up to me, there'd be a whole road hierarchy with small gravel roads leading to normal roads like now, but it's followed by wider/more detailed roads all the way up to an interstate system between the very largest towns/cities, complete with POI-type features like over/underpasses and interchanges that go balls deep on the hl2 vibes.

If the devs at least have something even vaguely similar (anything infrastructure) to this planned down the line after they finish with HD/performance/NPC updates, can we get some kind of acknowledgment?

And oh yeah, in case this is too off topic, is anyone else hyped for dynamic LOD's?

2 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

in the pic with the cop. it showed some new Random gen stuff for roads like a crosswalk and stoplights!

I hope one day we can get some billboards, i would live in one!

i prefer random( but logical) barricades or military posts on roads and maybe colapsed tunnels because they are avalible to add

15 hours ago, Horatio Chachi said:

I'll one up you with an even dumber question:

If it was up to me, there'd be a whole road hierarchy with small gravel roads leading to normal roads like now, but it's followed by wider/more detailed roads all the way up to an interstate system between the very largest towns/cities, complete with POI-type features like over/underpasses and interchanges that go balls deep on the hl2 vibes.

If the devs at least have something even vaguely similar (anything infrastructure) to this planned down the line after they finish with HD/performance/NPC updates, can we get some kind of acknowledgment?

And oh yeah, in case this is too off topic, is anyone else hyped for dynamic LOD's?

There will be road variety just because RWG now has a tile system and they are making road tiles for towns that are wider and look more like real roads.

As far as some general hierarchy, have not heard that mentioned.

On 5/1/2021 at 5:03 AM, faatal said:

Should be since they are testing all that in RWG and then having to adjust Nav for changes that move or resize things.

Does that means that Navezgane is gonna get bigger btw ? 

21 minutes ago, faatal said:

There will be road variety just because RWG now has a tile system and they are making road tiles for towns that are wider and look more like real roads.

As far as some general hierarchy, have not heard that mentioned.

Will towns be more distance shaped? rather then just Square?

1 minute ago, beerfly said:

well from what i saw in the wasteland and how theres a large Layout of a city bigger then gravestown. 

and the fact that the rad wall has been increased! 

so i would say.... Yes

5 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

that would be net but more types of cars would be neet.

at least a truck or Something other then sedans!

Well now we have : military trucks ,fire truck and junkyard wracks... that's a.. well small number .i think add a hammer ( military jeep not a tool) could be legal - watch painkiller military base . Some civilian trucks , old cars from 80-90' some , maybe some 60 wrack on desert .  Please @faatal comfire you are doing new cars models < begging on knees> ... and strip club for snowdog and zombie girl in japanse school uniform ( i'm joking with the last two but it could be rly fun easter egg if snowdog'strip club was on the map and this zombie had 0,1% chance for respawn )

13 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well now we have : military trucks ,fire truck and junkyard wracks... that's a.. well small number .i think add a hammer ( military jeep not a tool) could be legal - watch painkiller military base . Some civilian trucks , old cars from 80-90' some , maybe some 60 wrack on desert .  Please @faatal comfire you are doing new cars models < begging on knees> ... and strip club for snowdog and zombie girl in japanse school uniform ( i'm joking with the last two but it could be rly fun easter egg if snowdog'strip club was on the map and this zombie had 0,1% chance for respawn )

I know they have added new cars and stuff. 

but right now we don't have types of civilian cars. im not asking for a GTA level of cars but some trucks, a creepy van, a Jeep, a real Cop car, etc

8 hours ago, faatal said:

Sweet! I can imagine road variety lets you do a lot more with town layout, and this is the first I've heard about the tile system. Is there anything more you're willing to share about these?

Thanks!

8 hours ago, beerfly said:

No. A bigger or smaller POI is not going to make the map bigger.

8 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Will towns be more distance shaped? rather then just Square?

Don't know.

2 hours ago, Matt115 said:

We are not working on vehicles other than adding mods. For a20 anyway.

15 minutes ago, Horatio Chachi said:

Sweet! I can imagine road variety lets you do a lot more with town layout, and this is the first I've heard about the tile system. Is there anything more you're willing to share about these?

Thanks!

I'm not working on it, so I don't know all the details.

6 minutes ago, faatal said:

Damn, thanks for taking the time to respond though!

The tile system sounds super interesting, and I understand if that information is off-limits for now, but is there anywhere I can find out more about it?

9 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

I know they have added new cars and stuff. 

but right now we don't have types of civilian cars. im not asking for a GTA level of cars but some trucks, a creepy van, a Jeep, a real Cop car, etc

yeah i know what you mean so the "safest" option is add some old cars like in l4d2 because property rights and they were simlar so it will be easy to create something simliar but safe 

7 hours ago, faatal said:

Don't know.

We are not working on vehicles other than adding mods. For a20 anyway.

But still thanks for info ! 

3 hours ago, Matt115 said:

yeah i know what you mean so the "safest" option is add some old cars like in l4d2 because property rights and they were simlar so it will be easy to create something

no i mean in terms of variety of cars in GTA not taking them and adding them. 

just add a truck, van, jeep, cop car, Army car, SUV, Gas truck and that would be enough cars to scrap down and to add variety    

11 hours ago, faatal said:

but how come expand the map was expanded in terms of the rad barrier? 

there is that whole area in the wasteland that is a lay out for a city, I don't even care if you guys reuses POIs in nav! more to nav would be great!

some more cool areas would be neet too!

like a Farm in the Snow that is super dead, a airfield in the desert. etc

Hell even some more pregen maps would be nice to!  

5 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Most likely within the span of this year.

ITS DONE WHEN ITS DONE!

19 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

Sure you don't.... we all love madmole

he just looks like a Hobo hunter!

Nah he looks so much like  russian or canadian hunter from typical " how i get here and i must survive somehow"  movie

Archived