Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

Just to jump in real quick; I try to make tiles that have some aspects of a regular POI so they're not just flat land with roads and a few decorations. I was always happily surprised in A20 when I would come across a tile feature that after hours of play I hadn't noticed before, particularly a hidden sewer access. I made a couple of bases in these locations as they're fun and look cool.

Because of that I made sure to add features like that to my tiles wherever possible. For example I added a sewer line that goes completely across my government skyscraper tile with anterooms and offshoots. I also try to use parts in my tiles, which can act as mini-POIs.

If you need a hand with anything as you learn, I'm sure many of us would be happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 1:12 AM, Deverezieaux said:

Just to jump in real quick; I try to make tiles that have some aspects of a regular POI so they're not just flat land with roads and a few decorations. I was always happily surprised in A20 when I would come across a tile feature that after hours of play I hadn't noticed before, particularly a hidden sewer access. I made a couple of bases in these locations as they're fun and look cool.

Because of that I made sure to add features like that to my tiles wherever possible. For example I added a sewer line that goes completely across my government skyscraper tile with anterooms and offshoots. I also try to use parts in my tiles, which can act as mini-POIs.

If you need a hand with anything as you learn, I'm sure many of us would be happy to help.

Yeh def they take alot of time tho and effort and for the cp I will be going thru the over time and changing em up, adding new things etc. Keeping them different. 

I did a while sewer system in the mega city industrial district with co vo with zztong and you can wander thru. Tho some nut poured radiation barrels down there..

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, stallionsden said:

a bit to get thru yet, some vanilla bugs that needs to be fixed as well, waiting on a handful of prefabbers to update their work, 
testing. 

Is there any plans to curate the pack and remove some of the low effort/Troll builds? Takes so long to trawl through every single POI and untick all the bad ones... Maybe two versions, curated and uncurated?

9 hours ago, VoltraLux said:

Is there any plans to curate the pack and remove some of the low effort/Troll builds? Takes so long to trawl through every single POI and untick all the bad ones... Maybe two versions, curated and uncurated?

Low effort....

Troll builds

Don't see any of that in anyone's pois. I see a prefabber who has given their time and effort and given the community enjoyment. Some pois may not be to ones liking in their game sure.

Infinity version one was a starter. Infinity v2 is in the works and will be alot more easier to use and allows users to choose or not choose what they do/dont want in their game.

But no the pack remains as one. 

BTW your mall is missing a .blocks.nim poi won't work without it  

On 6/30/2023 at 11:26 PM, stallionsden said:

Low effort....

Troll builds

Don't see any of that in anyone's pois. I see a prefabber who has given their time and effort and given the community enjoyment. Some pois may not be to ones liking in their game sure.

Infinity version one was a starter. Infinity v2 is in the works and will be alot more easier to use and allows users to choose or not choose what they do/dont want in their game.

But no the pack remains as one. 

BTW your mall is missing a .blocks.nim poi won't work without it  

Fair enough, thanks for the heads up I didn't notice it wasn't included and fixed it now. Appreciate that. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Debosy said:

Hi. Stallionsden, can you share some info about progress?

Hi debosy

Atm I am awaiting a couple prefabbers to update their pois and am awaiting 2 nasty rwg vanilla bugs to be fixed by tfp. 

Also on the completion of infinity v2 which is coming along nicely.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 6:38 AM, Ru Melin said:

Hello, greetings Communizy. May I ask when you @stallionsdencan give us the Compopack for A21? To play without doesn't makes fun. Thanks that ypu work on this Project. Best regards.

Thank you for your support. ..

It is progressing and parts of the cp are in testing phase. 

No eta atm tho regards 

Stallionsden

1 hour ago, Cratoor said:

Thanks for all your hard work Mr stallionsden holding off playing 21 until pack drops absolutely makes the 7 days experience for me.

Vanilla POI.s are ok but its nice to be challenged with some insanely huge and tough Compo Pack POI,s.

Thank you look forward to releasing it.  The pack def is alot bigger then 48. 

Lots of great things coming to.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 5:15 PM, Cratoor said:

Thanks for all your hard work Mr stallionsden holding off playing 21 until pack drops absolutely makes the 7 days experience for me.

Vanilla POI.s are ok but its nice to be challenged with some insanely huge and tough Compo Pack POI,s.

Same here. Previous CompoPacks were awesome, I can't wait to see what you have done with this one. Beer and Pizza on me if you ever come to Phoenix :)

1 hour ago, zootal said:

Same here. Previous CompoPacks were awesome, I can't wait to see what you have done with this one. Beer and Pizza on me if you ever come to Phoenix :)

Looking forward to seeing how you all like the a21 cp. Still some vanilla bugs I am awaiting to be fixed but we are at testing stages.

Sounds great beer and pizza and zombie killing.

Lots of new pois to from amazing prefabbers for you all to go thru. 

26 minutes ago, stallionsden said:

Looking forward to seeing how you all like the a21 cp. Still some vanilla bugs I am awaiting to be fixed but we are at testing stages.

Sounds great beer and pizza and zombie killing.

Lots of new pois to from amazing prefabbers for you all to go thru. 

Still playing A20 whilst waiting for the CP pack 🧟‍♂️