Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

8 minutes ago, Morloc said:

I didn't think it was possible to randomize such things, so maybe it was a glitch when the world generated?

A POI designer would have a couple of options:

If they used a "Random Helper" block (there is one for each of the various plants) then that block has a 3% chance of placing the intended crop, otherwise will place something like grass or air.

They could also make a Part that represented a field and then assign a probability of appearance. They can use this technique to pick one of several choices of fields.

Or, they could do both -- A Part that contained Random Helper blocks.

• 5 weeks later...

I tried that, but i really dont like giant Dog Buildings,Robots, Pyramids and POIs that are so big  that they are killing my FPS.

Isnt there a "Purist" Preset that removes all those things (i made one with Infinity but it doesnt work with Terragon like you said).

Thx

1 hour ago, Elegon said:

I tried that, but i really dont like giant Dog Buildings,Robots, Pyramids and POIs that are so big  that they are killing my FPS.

Isnt there a "Purist" Preset that removes all those things (i made one with Infinity but it doesnt work with Terragon like you said).

Thx

You can edit the poi property list to comment them out the ones you don't want 

Hi all, you might remember me from a few months ago when i was brand new to installing and using the compopack

Anyways, I've tried a few different things here and there to increase performance back to vanilla levels but without success, so I think I'll have to uninstall the pack for now. 

I have the 48.6 pack, I Remember going through the automated launcher (with the easiest/fewest steps to install) and I have a seperate folder on my desktop for the compopack installation. So should I just delete the folder and all is well? or are there additional steps? 

9 minutes ago, Elegon said:

With "comment out" you mean delete?

No add a // before the poi name.

Just now, stallionsden said:

No add a // before the poi name.

But for cities and town pois you need to add disable to the end of the poi line you don't want as // is ignored  

But yes deleting the line also works. Make sure tho there isn't an empty line before the next. 

13 minutes ago, Kefka said:

I took another look through the main page and didn't see uninstall instructions, so can someone tell me If I just delete my folder with a copy of the game and the pack in it, or are there more steps?

Sorry missed your comment. 

just need to delete the cp folders in appdata/roaming/7daystodie/LocalPrefabs  and Mods folder or of you got them in the main game folder In the mods folder there and data/prefabs folder

On 4/17/2023 at 4:37 PM, stallionsden said:

Sorry missed your comment. 

just need to delete the cp folders in appdata/roaming/7daystodie/LocalPrefabs  and Mods folder or of you got them in the main game folder In the mods folder there and data/prefabs folder

Thank you kindly!
I look forward to coming back to the pack in the future :D

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Shvonder said:

Hi. I dont understand what im doing wrong, keep getting this error trying start Infinity.exe

..but my saves folder is same as default one, to what change it?

Снимок экрана 2023-05-08 152636.png

Make sure in your appdata folder you have a generatedworlds folder, a LocalPrefabs folder, a Mods folder,  

If you don't create the ones you don't have manually using exact spelling and way i have spelt LocalPrefabs and Mods

Hey guys, I have a cool update to give you! 

As per my last posts I thought I had deleted everything, and then I generated a new world to play thinking it would be vanilla 7d2d. Somehow, some way, the pack is still installed and my new world generated with CP content. Previously I was having horrible performance issues on the seperate game install with the pack, but on this new world (on the original 7d2d installation) everything seems to be working just fine! I've played to day 40 so far and while some POI's have stuttering when loading lots of zombies, its much much better now and most of the time everything works great! 

It's been absolutely fantastic to drive around towns and cities, picking locations to loot, and not knowing the layout of the building or the placement of zeds!

I have no idea why everything seems to be working smoothly now, but 40 hours in i've been having lots of fun! Thank you for your effort putting the pack together and for your continued support of the community, it feels so good to be able to play the game and not have every building memorized it makes such a difference!

Thanks again!

18 minutes ago, Kefka said:

Hey guys, I have a cool update to give you! 

As per my last posts I thought I had deleted everything, and then I generated a new world to play thinking it would be vanilla 7d2d. Somehow, some way, the pack is still installed and my new world generated with CP content. Previously I was having horrible performance issues on the seperate game install with the pack, but on this new world (on the original 7d2d installation) everything seems to be working just fine! I've played to day 40 so far and while some POI's have stuttering when loading lots of zombies, its much much better now and most of the time everything works great! 

It's been absolutely fantastic to drive around towns and cities, picking locations to loot, and not knowing the layout of the building or the placement of zeds!

I have no idea why everything seems to be working smoothly now, but 40 hours in i've been having lots of fun! Thank you for your effort putting the pack together and for your continued support of the community, it feels so good to be able to play the game and not have every building memorized it makes such a difference!

Thanks again!

Argh good to hear it may have been multiple copies of the cp added to causing extra load. But you have it sorted and are away. Enjoy and yes not knowing what is inside a poi or where the zs are is exactly how a real z apocalypse would be a true feeling of excitement, fear and adrenalin. 

Thank you many prefabbers have donated and allowed their poi's into the cp and we appreciaye them all and cp49 is going to be a game changer. 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/8/2023 at 7:15 PM, stallionsden said:

Argh good to hear it may have been multiple copies of the cp added to causing extra load. But you have it sorted and are away. Enjoy and yes not knowing what is inside a poi or where the zs are is exactly how a real z apocalypse would be a true feeling of excitement, fear and adrenalin. 

Thank you many prefabbers have donated and allowed their poi's into the cp and we appreciaye them all and cp49 is going to be a game changer. 

Are any prefabbers cranking out tiles now instead of just POI's?

2 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Are any prefabbers cranking out tiles now instead of just POI's?

1 hour ago, stallionsden said:

I know zztong is as he requires them.

Yes, I made 17 of them for A20 and plan to make more in A21.

I know @stallionsden, @Deverezieaux, and @MichaelL. have all made Tiles -- probably others too.

What kind of Tiles would you like to see?

20 hours ago, stallionsden said:

I know zztong is as he requires them. 

I have a few coming in cp49 to. 

Why would you like to have a "crack" 😉 at them. Happy to teach you 

Are they easier than POI's? they seem like they should be.   Any good tutorial videos?

19 hours ago, zztong said:

Yes, I made 17 of them for A20 and plan to make more in A21.

I know @stallionsden, @Deverezieaux, and @MichaelL. have all made Tiles -- probably others too.

What kind of Tiles would you like to see?

More bridges/overpasses! :)

59 minutes ago, SnowDog1942 said:

Are they easier than POI's? they seem like they should be.   Any good tutorial videos?

More bridges/overpasses! :)

Depends on how much detail you want on the tile as well as a few rules but mostly ypto your creative ideas

18 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

You use the same skills. Tiles don't use some features, like quests. You don't have to fill a Tile with zombie volumes. You have to worry about making the roads line up at the edges. If your Tiles are to be part of a TFP District, then you'll have some other conventions that you'll want to consider matching. You'll likely have to come up with a lot of filler content to fit in the spaces left over after you carve out places for the POIs to land.

18 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

More bridges/overpasses!

Noted. We saw a TFP overpass demonstrated on a Gateway Tile IIRC.