Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

On 11/19/2023 at 1:31 PM, bigstep70 said:

I too, like many others, look forward to the Alpha 21 CP49 release, but I shall not hound you with questions of When? and How Long?

What I shall do, instead, is place my offerings upon your shrine, as I have been doing every time I visit the holy and enlightening page that is CompoPack.

I have, almost daily, visited and silently read the many praises and comments afforded you by the community.

Like a child at Christmas I await this greatest of gifts that you can impart on us all, the meager players of a game made oh-so much better by what you do.

Peace

You dont need anyway. You can track progress on discord. There is a checklist with things still to do.

On 11/24/2023 at 1:58 PM, Debosy said:

You dont need anyway. You can track progress on discord. There is a checklist with things still to do.

The only real thing is the status of the testing of the prefabs. If you have to wait for a fix from the programmers i do not believe that will be resolved any soon.

Maybe the collectors of prefabs and packaging in this compopack believe they have to release an addon that has a better quality than the base game?

Just release the stuff that is already tested, it doesn't have to be perfect. If you don't, then gamers will resolve to downloading other packages or indiviual prefabs anyway, which are great and some not by the way. I think it is unneccesary to witheld the working stuff :)

I really hope A22 doesn´t drop too early otherwise we won´t see CP anytime soon. It doesn´t look like A21.3 is anywhere near and we might not see the needed bug fix there either. They did RWG bug fixes already in A21.2 and as they do develop the RWG further with every alpha there is a chance they delayed bugfixing for A22.

What happens if the bug fix you need isn´t in  A21.3 or 21.4? @stallionsden

A simple pack of just the POI´s would really be nice. Basically a CP light version without anything else. Doesn´t even need to be a modlet. Simply the POI files in one folder would be enough to make many of us happy until we can see all the shiny new things you did.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

4 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I really hope A22 doesn´t drop too early otherwise we won´t see CP anytime soon. It doesn´t look like A21.3 is anywhere near and we might not see the needed bug fix there either. They did RWG bug fixes already in A21.2 and as they do develop the RWG further with every alpha there is a chance they delayed bugfixing for A22.

What happens if the bug fix you need isn´t in  A21.3 or 21.4? @stallionsden

A simple pack of just the POI´s would really be nice. Basically a CP light version without anything else. Doesn´t even need to be a modlet. Simply the POI files in one folder would be enough to make many of us happy until we can see all the shiny new things you did.

There were no rwg fixes in a21.2 there were optimizations to the rwg yes but no fixes unfort. 

It isnt as easy as just throwing pois in  a folder with all i done in cp49 now. i have some thoughts on something but that take a while to sort as well. 

2 hours ago, stallionsden said:

There were no rwg fixes in a21.2 there were optimizations to the rwg yes but no fixes unfort. 

It isnt as easy as just throwing pois in  a folder with all i done in cp49 now. i have some thoughts on something but that take a while to sort as well. 

Wait does that mean i can´t just add the POI´s to my game without istalling/using infinity or other stuff? That would be kinda bad news. Depending on what it is that you have cooked up for us ofc. I hope at least clients can still do the easy way of just adding the POI`s to be able to play on a server. I really don´t wanna go trough explaining a mod to everyone in the group.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Wait does that mean i can´t just add the POI´s to my game without installing/using infinity or other stuff? That would be kinda bad news. Depending on what it is that you have cooked up for us ofc. I hope at least clients can still do the easy way of just adding the POI`s to be able to play on a server. I really don´t wanna go trough explaining a mod to everyone in the group.

All be revealed in regards to cp49 when it is ready but atm the rwg bugs causes alot of issues. 

But it will be simple. but it be great if custom pois would work server side only. Apart from the known stuff 

I am checking performance is affected to with not having the custom pois client side

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2024 at 8:37 PM, stallionsden said:

Progress is being made. Finally found some works around that work not exactly but better then what vanilla bugs were causing. 

So shouldn't be much longer now a few things to finish off.

I'm giddy with excitement... I'm gonna pinch myself now to make sure it's all real... ouch, yep... thank goodness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, EzunaAranna said:

Is there a compo pack for latest experimental?

Can't find the download link sorry my bad :(

Hi EzunaAranna

Not yet getting closer just in the middle of testing the mega city as it was one of the bugs so it was last to be tested and esp since the rwg bug has been fixed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble getting connected to the Discord. I received the message from Dyno bot, but I can't click the link to the rules page & I can't respond to it in order to prove I'm not a bot... The Discord server isn't showing up in my server list and the link on pg 1 of this forum says it is invalid for me now. Please help.

I wish to use the A20 with Teragon maps+CP48.6 prefabs and I run into problems. The generator seems working fine but the genretad maps with the CP48 do not. I followed the instructions the best I could and the game just waiting after "Initialize". I figured some of the prefabs somehow missing, but the problem probably more complex than that. This should not prevent the game from start. If I use the landbridges setting in the generator nothing is missing, still no luck. The game also complain about the player spawn point. I changed that too still the problem is the same. Any ideas what is the issue?

Here is a map I generated as an example without rivers: https://gofile.io/d/BMQzut

Problem.jpg

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Rukminesh said:

I wish to use the A20 with Teragon maps+CP48.6 prefabs and I run into problems. The generator seems working fine but the genretad maps with the CP48 do not. I followed the instructions the best I could and the game just waiting after "Initialize". I figured some of the prefabs somehow missing, but the problem probably more complex than that. This should not prevent the game from start. If I use the landbridges setting in the generator nothing is missing, still no luck. The game also complain about the player spawn point. I changed that too still the problem is the same. Any ideas what is the issue?

Problem.jpg

The bridges are a teragon thing. You can try to add a source path to your teragon to your mods folder see if that works.

And being a20 you will have to use the a20 teragon not a21.

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Rukminesh said:

I wish to use the A20 with Teragon maps+CP48.6 prefabs and I run into problems.

The first image suggests the issue is in the Teragon POI's modlet and that there's a problem with that modlet's ModInfo.xml file. Are you sure you're not using A21 Teragon POIs modlet with an A20 RWG? Or, an A20 Teragon POIs modlet with A21 RWG?

Then, because of that issue, none of the Teragon POIs are actually available to RWG, so the game throws the "does not exist" error when you try to load the world because that entire modlet is being ignored.

9 hours ago, Rukminesh said:

Here is a map I generated as an example without rivers: https://gofile.io/d/BMQzut

Problem.jpg

It is most likely the wrong Teragon version being used to make the map as has been said.  There is a specific version to make A20 maps that you would need to use.  The current version cannot be used for A20 maps.