Magolis Compo Pack by The Compopack

stallionsden
Message added by SylenThunder,

The Compopack's purpose is to showcase a wide range of community created prefabs and make them available as a single download. Compopack has always been free for anyone to download and use in 7 Days to Die, whether playing solo or with friends, on a server, or as part of an overhaul.

When modification/s to pois may be necessary (to fit the theme or scope of an overhaul), we ask that the prefabs are acknowledged as being part of the Compo Pack and not renamed.

Thank you

On 1/9/2023 at 11:28 PM, stallionsden said:

Hi Rusty - 

You are missing the mods stuff for the cp i see. WOTW is war of the walkers pois not cp. 
make sure you have the latest modlauncher version 4 i believe they are upto as well

hi i am using the wotw compo pack which i got off  magolis compo pack discord channel. https://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/downloads/compopack-war-of-the-walkers-edition#downloadsform

not using mod launcher, have made a separate file with the latest wotw mod.

Stallion helped me sort it all out.

thank you though for replying and trying to help

Edited by rustytop (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I have two issues I don't know if anyone has any advice for or any fixes for.  I'm currently playing solo with Subquake's UL running from the mod launcher.  I'm running UL 2.6.17 and the A20.6 from Mod launcher (made sure to have them verified to the best of my knowledge).  The first issue I'm currently having is that in the two games I'm playing (both solo, both local) I have come across POIs from the compo pack that spawn in where they are collapsed in areas of the poi and resetting them for a quest doesn't fix the POIs.  I have downloaded the UL version of the compo pack from Magolis site and followed the instructions to put it in the proper folders.  I'm not sure if this is a compo pack issue or a UL issue.

I'm some 44 ish hours into one game play (240 min days, day 11) I'm using the compo pack, I have a poi that I've been using as a base since day 1 but I just planted 4 trees have 2 oil pumps and probably about 50 plants growing.  The second problem I have is I can't get any closer than 150 meters to my base anymore before it crashes to desktop.  Again not sure if this is a compo pack issue or a UL issue.

If there are any recommendations I'd like to hear them, or if you need more info I will do my best to supply it.

Thanks in advance.

MH

3 minutes ago, MattH93 said:

I have two issues I don't know if anyone has any advice for or any fixes for.  I'm currently playing solo with Subquake's UL running from the mod launcher.  I'm running UL 2.6.17 and the A20.6 from Mod launcher (made sure to have them verified to the best of my knowledge).  The first issue I'm currently having is that in the two games I'm playing (both solo, both local) I have come across POIs from the compo pack that spawn in where they are collapsed in areas of the poi and resetting them for a quest doesn't fix the POIs.  I have downloaded the UL version of the compo pack from Magolis site and followed the instructions to put it in the proper folders.  I'm not sure if this is a compo pack issue or a UL issue.

I'm some 44 ish hours into one game play (240 min days, day 11) I'm using the compo pack, I have a poi that I've been using as a base since day 1 but I just planted 4 trees have 2 oil pumps and probably about 50 plants growing.  The second problem I have is I can't get any closer than 150 meters to my base anymore before it crashes to desktop.  Again not sure if this is a compo pack issue or a UL issue.

If there are any recommendations I'd like to hear them, or if you need more info I will do my best to supply it.

Thanks in advance.

MH

Hi

First the collapsed pois are meant to be collapsed. There are good versions and destroyed versions of some pois. 

If you can pm me your logs I can take a look at why your game is crashing .

12 hours ago, stallionsden said:

Hi

First the collapsed pois are meant to be collapsed. There are good versions and destroyed versions of some pois. 

If you can pm me your logs I can take a look at why your game is crashing .

Thank you, I was confused because they have the rubble blocks (looks like they collapsed in game and just left a terrain block behind like when you drop a wood frame and it breaks) and the image at the traders when getting a quest showed the building without being destroyed.

22 hours ago, MattH93 said:

Thank you, I was confused because they have the rubble blocks (looks like they collapsed in game and just left a terrain block behind like when you drop a wood frame and it breaks) and the image at the traders when getting a quest showed the building without being destroyed.

A large number of rubble blocks can be a side-effect of how the destroyed POI was made. For instance, if I make one I start with a complete POI and then shoot it with a rocket launcher a lot of times. If I try to make a destroyed POI way in a crafted -- each block intentionally placed -- manner. I don't like my results.

I'm curious which destroyed POI is showing an intact image? The image is easily fixed and that is a common bug as showing the image is not a vanilla feature.

On 1/29/2023 at 9:26 AM, zztong said:

A large number of rubble blocks can be a side-effect of how the destroyed POI was made. For instance, if I make one I start with a complete POI and then shoot it with a rocket launcher a lot of times. If I try to make a destroyed POI way in a crafted -- each block intentionally placed -- manner. I don't like my results.

I'm curious which destroyed POI is showing an intact image? The image is easily fixed and that is a common bug as showing the image is not a vanilla feature.

I'm not sure exactly which (and sorry I haven't been on the forums in a few days).  I haven't played this world in a while but I was given the POI attached in the pic as a quest, but the trader picture showed non-destroyed version (playing Subquake's UL from the mod launcher).

Error Log (F1) 2.PNG

31 minutes ago, MattH93 said:

I'm not sure exactly which (and sorry I haven't been on the forums in a few days).  I haven't played this world in a while but I was given the POI attached in the pic as a quest, but the trader picture showed non-destroyed version (playing Subquake's UL from the mod launcher).

Error Log (F1) 2.PNG

Will take a look at it. There are 2 versions a good and destroyed so will update pics for cp49.

Thank you 

11 hours ago, MattH93 said:

the POI attached in the pic as a quest, but the trader picture showed non-destroyed version

I don't know that POI, but I'll bet Stallion probably does. What caught my eye was the block to the left of the little red flag (41.5m). It looks like there is grass growing on the debris. Assuming that's not some visual illusion, I think there would only be grass there if it were intentional destruction plus an XML setting to Allow Topsoil Decorations was set to true.

On 1/29/2023 at 10:26 AM, zztong said:

A large number of rubble blocks can be a side-effect of how the destroyed POI was made. For instance, if I make one I start with a complete POI and then shoot it with a rocket launcher a lot of times.

I anticipate having fun creating the damaged version of the Washington Monument for The Wasteland...  🤣  💥

Hi,

I'm really confused, I dont run windows so all of the .exe world generation stuff isn't something I'm interested in I just want to add more buildings to vanilla and add all your POI's to vanilla worldgen.   So where are just the POIs and how do I add them? 

https://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/downloads/cp48-4-complete

This link does not work, no file available. .  Previous compopack I downloaded is zipped and does not decompress. 

Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do, just add a bunch of POI's on a linux install?  Does it conflict with NPC core or other mods I might install? 

List of most mods I'm running here,
https://pastebin.com/7RTrpi8c

Also, just a comment, your documentation and instructions at the beginning of this thread is very difficult to follow in present state.  Consider a logical pattern to fonts and coloring, and at the very beginning the simple instructions for adding POI's to vanilla so those who just want that dont have to sort through all the teragon and infinity stuff looking. 

I hope to be adding some of my own POIs to your project soon, thanks for your work either way.  Modding on this game is wild. 

19 minutes ago, DoctorGreen said:

Hi,

I'm really confused, I dont run windows so all of the .exe world generation stuff isn't something I'm interested in I just want to add more buildings to vanilla and add all your POI's to vanilla worldgen.   So where are just the POIs and how do I add them? 

https://www.moddb.com/games/7-days-to-die/downloads/cp48-4-complete

This link does not work, no file available. .  Previous compopack I downloaded is zipped and does not decompress. 

Is it possible to do what I'm trying to do, just add a bunch of POI's on a linux install?  Does it conflict with NPC core or other mods I might install? 

List of most mods I'm running here,
https://pastebin.com/7RTrpi8c

Also, just a comment, your documentation and instructions at the beginning of this thread is very difficult to follow in present state.  Consider a logical pattern to fonts and coloring, and at the very beginning the simple instructions for adding POI's to vanilla so those who just want that dont have to sort through all the teragon and infinity stuff looking. 

I hope to be adding some of my own POIs to your project soon, thanks for your work either way.  Modding on this game is wild. 

Hi doctor Green 

I have a install video made by a mate whom runs Linux and has been very helpful for many Linux users  -

I agree and will get to re writing the original post and tidying it up.

Def look forward to seeing your work and please consider joining the discord if interested. 

Regards

Stallionsden

Edit: it definitely does work with npc mod.

Hope the video helps. 

Discord - 

Edited by stallionsden (see edit history)

Great thanks.  I was just not waiting long enough for the larger files to unzip, takes a minute but worked.

Excellent SCORE and NPC Core are working with this, what about other ones? 

-improvedhordes?

QOL stuff like

-cruise control?

-bessere spikes, bessere cement

-donavans longer lootbags

-other zombie packs

-khzmusic npc packs

-behemoth

-spherell skip tutorial quests

any reason any of these wouldnt work?  seems like there shouldnt be any conflict just with vanilla poi non-overhaul install?

I'm going to try anyway ill report back after mix/match testing. 

21 minutes ago, DoctorGreen said:

Great thanks.  I was just not waiting long enough for the larger files to unzip, takes a minute but worked.

Excellent SCORE and NPC Core are working with this, what about other ones? 

-improvedhordes?

QOL stuff like

-cruise control?

-bessere spikes, bessere cement

-donavans longer lootbags

-other zombie packs

-khzmusic npc packs

-behemoth

-spherell skip tutorial quests

any reason any of these wouldnt work?  seems like there shouldnt be any conflict just with vanilla poi non-overhaul install?

I'm going to try anyway ill report back after mix/match testing. 

The only one I know that doesn't work is the improved rwg one. But the ones you described shouldn't cause an issue. 

I have a Question about the Compo Pack.

What are the Requirements to use the Pack?

especially the minimum Zombies?

Some buildins have so high amounts of Zombies, that you clear 3 level and then Level 1 new ones spawn, because there were too much spawn points to handle them all.

(The Australian Police Office for example)

So whats the minimum settings to use that "Pack" without the problem, that sometimes a "horde" spawns withyou as center? (had it several times...)

...DX

7 hours ago, Darelius said:

I have a Question about the Compo Pack.

What are the Requirements to use the Pack?

especially the minimum Zombies?

Some buildins have so high amounts of Zombies, that you clear 3 level and then Level 1 new ones spawn, because there were too much spawn points to handle them all.

(The Australian Police Office for example)

So whats the minimum settings to use that "Pack" without the problem, that sometimes a "horde" spawns withyou as center? (had it several times...)

...DX

The afp is deceiving as the ground floor is empty and players do normally head up stairs as soon as they can. 

the zs do take a few to get to them.  But depends on your rig, lots of optimisations are being done each release tho. 

vsync should be off helps and doing the part 1 and part 2 way is far better performance then using the complete method players have found to be better as well. 

are youplaying cp and vanilla or 

got any tips for linux users?  I don't have an appdata path I have a /.local/share/7daystodie.  infinity won't work and my prefab lists are good but the map loads with zero prefabs or even terrain just endless flat forest.

oops just scrolled up to find linux help nm

Edited by Rhunteen (see edit history)

On 3/13/2023 at 2:50 PM, Morloc said:

Does anyone happen to know of any Supercorn POIs in Compopack?

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Sorry for the late reply.

There is some pois with some Supercorn in them.. 

Some of zyncosas do off the top of my head. 

I did finally find a POI (a walled house) with one stalk of Supercorn growing in the yard. I searched and found two more instances of the same POI on my map, but one of them did not have the Supercorn. I didn't think it was possible to randomize such things, so maybe it was a glitch when the world generated? I did end up getting enough corn to make a seed though ;)

I swear I remember seeing Gracie at one point (in another POI), but couldn't find it again.

Thanks,

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Edited by Morloc (see edit history)