You know you're playing too much when......

IrishRed

You know you're playing too much when, driving around town and see a house/store and think " I bet that place has a good loot stash". Or when you see a birds shadow on the ground and you flinch thinking you're about to be attacked from those D@#$% vultures.  Haha

Have a great Tuesday all!!!

6 hours ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

When I see tree stumps I immediately think honey... which irl is completely ridiculous.

Are you a bee keeper? Give me more of your expertise knowledge please.  

This guy is rescuing bees which you dont see at alll the in game tree stumps or whatever etc.
But it isn't ridiculous. You can see the the honey stored in their honeycombs.
It helps to do a bit of research before you start blabbering about subjects you dont know much about.

7 hours ago, smokingpaper said:

Are you a bee keeper? Give me more of your expertise knowledge please.  

This guy is rescuing bees which you dont see at alll the in game tree stumps or whatever etc.
But it isn't ridiculous. You can see the the honey stored in their honeycombs.
It helps to do a bit of research before you start blabbering about subjects you dont know much about.

Geez calm down! Why you so angry bro? He just said one statement about tree stumps and honey! He's not writing an essay about them or 'blabbering' as you say. You have a grudge against AtomicUs5000 or something? I'll bet most of us know a lot of trivia that you don't know. Should we fact check everything you say as well? And be rude about it along the way?

Bottom line, don't get angry just because you happened to watch a video on Youtube that most likely most of us haven't seen. Just correct someone politely if you know more about a topic than someone else.

46 minutes ago, PPanda0421 said:

Geez calm down! Why you so angry bro? He just said one statement about tree stumps and honey!

I can see why he felt the need to point it out. I could have worded my post differently. In real life, to think about honey every time I see a tree stump is ridiculous. If I hadn't played 7D2D, I would probably think of grinding down a stump to make mulch for my yard or something of that sort.
I was wondering why Reckis left a confused emoji, but thought to myself that maybe Reckis has never gotten honey from a tree stump in the game. It didn't occur to me that my post could be read that way, which explains it all.
But anyway... yeah, pretty weird. Maybe he was just having a bad day, or perhaps someone once told him that bees do not make hives in tree stumps, so he decided to sit on one and then after a horribly tragic experience swore an oath from that day forward to dedicate himself religiously in the fight for ensuring that nobody ever makes the same mistake. I have tried to do some research on the subject but I couldn't find any articles on bee-stung rump stump survival, so now I find myself blabbering about this.

I've been planning bug out scenarios long before this game came around, but if there is one thing that has never stopped since 7 Days, is proper looting procedures.  Before I didn't have an experience with what's considered efficient looting.  In games I just looted and let the cards fall where they may.  Now, I am thinking much more tactically at where and what to loot, and what to leave behind.

I do lay some of that blame of bushcraft/survival videos too.

Archived