Wights too weak?

DominionZA

I'm playing on default difficulty, balanced for the zombies and the player. I don't want to rack up to insane as I don't like that every NPC in the world will become an spongy ammo eater tank while I'm a weakling bearing on 25% damage.

I'm level 71 and I've noticed that I kill wights who are supposed to be the rare and top tier enemies in two shots to the head from my sledgehammer. The first blow knocks them out and the second finishes them off on the ground. With high powered rifles they seem to pose no threat at all. I remember in earlier version prior to A15 they used to take like a what.. 7 shots from a hunting rifle to the head before going down? Why have they been nerfed that way? I think they used to be perfect and one would always crap their bricks whenever they saw one and run away as soon as possible if they weren't prepared. Now, it's more of like. "Oh, another meat running at me to be grinded through".

Thoughts?

Actually, I'm not even sure wights are staying in the game to justify thinking about it. I haven't seen or heard of an HD model made for them.
I know cheerleader, football player, old timer, and probably the stripper are getting the boot, to make room for more zombies that make sense in the world. All radiated will eventually get kicked too, being replaced by specials.

1 minute ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

Actually, I'm not even sure wights are staying in the game to justify thinking about it. I haven't seen or heard of an HD model made for them.
I know cheerleader, football player, old timer, and probably the stripper are getting the boot, to make room for more zombies that make sense in the world. All ferals will eventually get kicked too, being replaced by specials.

Where did you get the info that wights and gloweye ferals are getting kicked out of the game?

Just now, DominionZA said:

Where did you get the info that wights and gloweye ferals are getting kicked out of the game?

I don't know if wights are or not... I'm just saying that I haven't heard of them staying, when for most other zombies, I have heard.
I meant to say radiated. Let me fix that before everyone goes nuts.

5 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

I know cheerleader, football player, old timer, and probably the stripper are getting the boot, to make room for more zombies that make sense in the world. All ferals will eventually get kicked too, being replaced by specials.

Feral.s aren't being kicked. radioactives are.

15 minutes ago, AtomicUs5000 said:

I know cheerleader, football player, old timer, and probably the stripper are getting the boot,

But they kinda make sense but need places where their spawn makes sense.

Stripper in the clubs, cheerleader and footballer in stadiums the old timers...i dont actually know which ones are those but you get what im saying.

Just now, Solomon said:

Stripper in the clubs, cheerleader and footballer in stadiums the old timers...i dont actually know which ones are those but you get what im saying.

Sure, if these places even spawn in a random world... and even if so, does a single POI justify seeing them all over the place?
I'm happy to see the guy in the blue coveralls. It fits for all industrial POIs.

15 minutes ago, Solomon said:

Old timer is the cowboy dude...

Encountered one at a time all the zeds are too easy once you get a Lvl 2 Iron club.

When they come at you en masse and you have your back against a wall and your pistol needs repairs and you need to reload your AK but your spare ammo is in your bike outside in the road .... well that's a different story

9 minutes ago, Tahaan said:

Encountered one at a time all the zeds are too easy once you get a Lvl 2 Iron club.

When they come at you en masse and you have your back against a wall and your pistol needs repairs and you need to reload your AK but your spare ammo is in your bike outside in the road .... well that's a different story

Your comment dont make any sense, any enemy is strong in a situation like this. What we are talking here is about the power of the wights. And yes, they are very weak in the last game patches.

1 hour ago, DominionZA said:

I'm playing on default difficulty, balanced for the zombies and the player. I don't want to rack up to insane as I don't like that every NPC in the world will become an spongy ammo eater tank while I'm a weakling bearing on 25% damage.

I'm level 71 and I've noticed that I kill wights who are supposed to be the rare and top tier enemies in two shots to the head from my sledgehammer. The first blow knocks them out and the second finishes them off on the ground. With high powered rifles they seem to pose no threat at all. I remember in earlier version prior to A15 they used to take like a what.. 7 shots from a hunting rifle to the head before going down? Why have they been nerfed that way? I think they used to be perfect and one would always crap their bricks whenever they saw one and run away as soon as possible if they weren't prepared. Now, it's more of like. "Oh, another meat running at me to be grinded through".

Thoughts?

You kind of answered your own question there. You play on default difficulty which makes enemies essentially pushovers with the right weapon. You're level 71 with lots of points/perks that can give you huge advantages. Also, A19 is very different from earlier versions including changes to game mechanics, perks, gamestages, weapons, mods etc.

Not to mention you've played since at least A15 (and before that) so you're more experienced now. It's possible they were somewhat nerfed along the way but I think more likely that the combination of any the above makes them seems weaker.

/Agreed, we just killed 2 wights on normal difficulty as well, but I drew them in with a primitive bow then kited them with a spear with serrated blade mod to slow them down while my buddy with the hunting rifle shot him from an elevated point.  I took about 50 points of damage and got a concussion and a laceration, but no infection thankfully.

I guess I should also point out the reason I kited them was the guy with the hunting rifle had a broken leg from falling off our kill base....

The Rad Biker is what you should be fearful of. Wights are a joke in comparison.
I haven't checked to see if they've changed in A19, but in A18 their stats are:
           Rad Wight   |   Rad Biker
HP:     1010             |  1010
Armour: 0               |  20
Attack:  20              |  40

Bikers are also the fastest zombie in the game

13 hours ago, DominionZA said:

Thoughts?

The game is balanced at Nomad. That is the level of 100% damage both ways. Default is now a step below that at Adventurer so no, you are not at the balance point. Zombies are nerfed and you are buffed at default.

10 hours ago, FranticDan said:

The Rad Biker is what you should be fearful of. Wights are a joke in comparison.
I haven't checked to see if they've changed in A19, but in A18 their stats are:
           Rad Wight   |   Rad Biker
HP:     1010             |  1010
Armour: 0               |  20
Attack:  20              |  40

Bikers are also the fastest zombie in the game

Bikers aren't really a threat to my character either way. One power attack to the head from my sledge will bring them down. The strongest I've seen so far is the feral obese woman who takes like 4 to 5 hits from my modded steel sledge full perked out.

9 minutes ago, DominionZA said:

Bikers aren't really a threat to my character either way. One power attack to the head from my sledge will bring them down. The strongest I've seen so far is the feral obese woman who takes like 4 to 5 hits from my modded steel sledge full perked out.

Big mumma got buffed up in A19, I just checked her stats, 902 HP for the rad variant and no armour, so the biker is still stronger. I heard that big mumma's head hitbox is bugged, unsure if true or fixed though.

Thoughts?

I think at the

On 7/25/2020 at 11:50 AM, DominionZA said:

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I think at level 71 that seems about right. That is much higher a level than I've ever personally reached. Game gets pretty easy WAY before that. I can't imagine anything beyond large groups of specials being any sort of threat at level 71.

Archived