Zombie Hates wolves :)

gcomerfo

So, I love A19 so far.  Love the new zombies, look amazing.  Everything about this version seems really well put together, imho.  It's like the whole game is finally what we all dreamed it would be.  Sure, can always improve, etc, etc... but so far I love it.

Any who... so I notice this one funny thing.  The new zombie in the yellow shirt - I think he is maybe asian guy looking.  Well, that bruce lee guy loves to kill wolves!!  LOL  It's kinda hilarious.   In my small town area, I have seen this play out now like 5-7 times at least! 

I am coming up to a POI.  Then I hear the wolf growl.  Then the wolf squeals.  Then I see the bruce lee zombie kill him and stomp away!!  Is he like Van Helsing or something??  He keeps killing all the wolves like a script.  Well, I don't mind because he keeps the neighborhood safer and I get all that free meat and leather and bones! 

Do you ever see this happen??

Also, can the wolf ever win at least once or twice in this rivalry??

I see zombie/animal fights from time to time. I've even kited zombies into hostile animals just to watch the deathmatch. In my A18 game I added Guppycur's creatures and the spiders are badass. They can take out two normal zombies before dying.

1 hour ago, Liesel Weppen said:

Predator animals attack zombies (and other way round) since ages. At least this was this way since A15.

It just hasn't been seen this often as predator animal spawns have been really rare up to the recent patch.

Now I wonder, though. Yesterday I was trying to eliminate some wolves at night so I could safely get back to my base and I used rocks to lead one of the fat dude zombies into a wolf. They passed right by each other without conflict.

Fat zombie: "How's your night goin?"

Wolf: "Ruff"

So now I'm not sure what triggers the aggression. It's apparently not just proximity. Or maybe it changes at night.

I also don't know what exactly triggers them to fight. I'm also not sure if the zombie starts attacking a wolf or the other way round, or even both.

But i've seen them getting into a fight in earlier alphas already. I also never tried actively to make them fighting. As said, without the previous spawnrate changes, it was really rare to even see a wolf and a Z nearby.

Another observation: Zombiebears don't seem to attack zombies. At least they do not in the bears den.

I bet if we played with these lines in entityclasses.xml, we could set up a proper wolf-zombie turf war.

<entity_class name="animalTemplateHostile">

<property name="AITask-2" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" data="class=EntityNPC,20,EntityPlayer,20"/>
    <property name="AITarget-4" value="SetNearestEntityAsTarget" data="class=EntityPlayer,20,15,EntityNPC,15,10"/>

Just add EntityZombie into the "class=" bit to get them to intentionally target zombies. I might play with that a bit.

I can accept that zombie bears and zombie dogs might not attack zombies. Professional courtesy and all. But wolves, normal bears, and mountain lions ought to attack pretty much any other entity.

And yes, my ultimate goal is to trap a bear and use it in base defense. 😈

I've seen a Z fight a regular bear, the lumber jack fight a mountain lion, & the fat dude that looks like he is gonna fall over backwards (the white tank top fatty) was fighting a wolf or maybe even a dire wolf (don't remember).

The zombie won everytime which doesn't seem right to me, especially in the circumstance with the bear, who has crazy HP. 

You would think the animals would tear the zombies up.

I just noticed that the Wolf, specifically, has an AI override:

<property name="AITask-4" value="ApproachAndAttackTarget" data="class=EntityAnimalStag,20,EntityPlayer,15,EntityZombie,20"/>

That should override the "template" for animals and so I'm back to not quite understanding why I couldn't get my fat zombie and wolf into a deathmatch for my enjoyment. I will have to build an octagon and start spawning different combinations into it to see what happens. Like those "Preying Mantis vs. Assassin Bug" videos.

Yeah I thought so, but in this case they were waaaay over there just wandering around near each other. I threw rocks to lead the zombie to the wolf and...nothing. Neither of them had any idea I was sitting on my tower throwing the rocks. Or if they did know, they were both playing it pretty cool...

I've seen a few bears kill Z's but by far usually it's the reverse, and not because the bears are trying, they attack once, and then lose interest.  Same with the wolves, something needs to be fixed, because they don't lose interest in me for sure!

I've seen on two different occasions, a zombie cheerleader solo a bear and win. From a distance it looked like the cheerleader only hit it a few times to win. Made me wonder if zombies do extra damage versus animals for some reason.

4 hours ago, Fenris said:

I've seen on two different occasions, a zombie cheerleader solo a bear and win. From a distance it looked like the cheerleader only hit it a few times to win. Made me wonder if zombies do extra damage versus animals for some reason.

I was wondering the same. I've yet to see an animal win vs a zombie although I've only seen the examples I listed above. Maybe it's just coincidence......🤨

Just have to add my two-bits here . . .

Zombies and animals have been fighting for at least a few alphas, sometimes the animals win, sometimes the zombies. I have played with both increased zombie spawns and increased animal spawns (both via mods) and both of them together and have seen a lot of this. For a couple of alphas it seemed like the animals always won, but now it is a crap shoot.

Boidster Productions in association with Boidster Media Entertainment and Boidster Ventures, LLC

=== PRESENTS ===

💥💥THE OCTAGON OF MODERATELY INTERESTING CONFLICT💥💥

Two fighters enter...one fighter leaves!

(Well, not really, the winner is executed after the match)

=========================================================

octagon.jpg.c7e380600bd1d6a561a2c4325889c222.jpg

Fight Results

Zombie

Dog*

Wolf Bear

Mountain

Lion***

Dire Wolf* Zombie Bear

Arlene

(Putrid Girl)

Draw (ignored)

Wolf 170/200

Arlene ☠️

Bear 1543/1600

Arlene ☠️

Mtn Lion 740/750

Arlene ☠️

Draw (ignored) Draw (ignored)

Moe

(Bloated Walker)

Draw (ignored)

Wolf ☠️

Moe** 82/250

Bear 1580/1600

Moe** ☠️

Mtn Lion 730/750

Moe** ☠️

Wight Draw (ignored)

Wolf ☠️

Wight 322/532

Bear 1540/1600

Wight ☠️

Mtn Lion 410/750

Wight ☠️

Irradiated Biker Draw (ignored)

Wolf ☠️

Biker 1005/1010

Bear ☠️

Biker 460/1010

Mtn Lion ☠️

Biker 819/1010

Demolisher Draw (ignored)

Wolf ☠️

Demolisher 916/1000

Bear 805/1600

Demolisher ☠️

(exploded)

Mtn Lion ☠️

Demolisher 613/1000

* These both inherit from the Wolf entity, but override the Wolf's target list, removing EntityZombie as a valid target

** Moe easily gets stun-locked by the faster attacks of the animals

*** Mountain lions need to be very close to a zombie before they will attack

BONUS ROUND
  Pack of 5 Wolves
Irradiated Biker

Wolf 1: ☠️

Wolf 2: 40/200 (ran from fight)

Wolf 3: 80/200

Wolf 4: 120/200

Wolf 5: 200/200

Biker: ☠️(ran from wolves late, but...octagon!)

On 7/22/2020 at 1:18 PM, Boidster said:

Boidster Productions in association with Boidster Media Entertainment and Boidster Ventures, LLC

=== PRESENTS ===

Fight Results

Zombie

Dog*

Wolf Bear

Mountain

Lion***

Dire Wolf* Zombie Bear

Arlene

(Putrid Girl)

Draw (ignored)

Wolf 170/200

Arlene ☠️

Bear 1543/1600

Arlene ☠️

Mtn Lion 740/750

Arlene ☠️

Moe

(Bloated Walker)

Draw (ignored)

Wolf ☠️

Moe** 82/250

Bear 1580/1600

Moe** ☠️

Mtn Lion 730/750

Moe** ☠️

Wight Draw (ignored)

Wolf ☠️

Wight 322/532

Bear 1540/1600

Wight ☠️

Mtn Lion 410/750

Wight ☠️

Wolf ☠️

Biker 1005/1010

Bear ☠️

Biker 460/1010

Mtn Lion ☠️

Biker 819/1010

Wolf ☠️

Demolisher 916/1000

Bear 805/1600

Demolisher ☠️

(exploded)

Mtn Lion ☠️

Demolisher 613/1000

* These both inherit from the Wolf entity, but override the Wolf's target list, removing EntityZombie as a valid target

BONUS ROUND
  Pack of 5 Wolves
Irradiated Biker

We need videos of this...I'd subscribe for moar....😂

On 7/22/2020 at 1:18 PM, Boidster said:

=== PRESENTS ===

Fight Results

Zombie

Dog*

Wolf Bear

Mountain

Lion***

Dire Wolf* Zombie Bear

Arlene

(Putrid Girl)

Draw (ignored)

Wolf 170/200

Arlene ☠️

Bear 1543/1600

Arlene ☠️

Mtn Lion 740/750

Arlene ☠️

Moe

(Bloated Walker)

Draw (ignored)

Wolf ☠️

Moe** 82/250

Bear 1580/1600

Moe** ☠️

Mtn Lion 730/750

Moe** ☠️

Wight Draw (ignored)

Wolf ☠️

Wight 322/532

Bear 1540/1600

Wight ☠️

Mtn Lion 410/750

Wight ☠️

Wolf ☠️

Biker 1005/1010

Bear ☠️

Biker 460/1010

Mtn Lion ☠️

Biker 819/1010

Wolf ☠️

Demolisher 916/1000

Bear 805/1600

Demolisher ☠️

(exploded)

Mtn Lion ☠️

Demolisher 613/1000

BONUS ROUND
  Pack of 5 Wolves
Irradiated Biker

Looks like an interesting way to check if a wolf is dire or not since iirc they changed the skin of the direwolf and the eyes are the only visual indication now. If it ignores the zombie you lured into it then it might be a good idea to slip away.

3 hours ago, Laz Man said:

We need videos of this...I'd subscribe for moar....😂

You kids and your YouTwit and TikBookagram I can't keep up any more. If I had time and the right tools I'd do it, but clearly I don't have any free time. I also don't think I have a YouTube account; maybe my throwaway Google account comes with one free. But...I threw it away.

21 minutes ago, Boidster said:

You kids and your YouTwit and TikBookagram I can't keep up any more. If I had time and the right tools I'd do it, but clearly I don't have any free time. I also don't think I have a YouTube account; maybe my throwaway Google account comes with one free. But...I threw it away.

Wish I was still a kid but that boat sailed away ages ago lol... Once you get it down it probably would of been faster to make a video then create the fancy spreadsheet (which i love btw...)

hell...Windows 10 free recording through the xbox gaming app.  Windows Key + Alt +R to start/stop record.  Done!  Youtube drag and drop to upload (if no editing involved).  Done! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 3:22 PM, Laz Man said:

We need videos of this...I'd subscribe for moar....

On 7/25/2020 at 12:43 PM, Solomon said:

I.....um......you have videos of that?

I do now. See above. I made a new thread for General Discussion, but it is not allowed. Gotta head over to the images/videos forum.

Archived