Damaged wooden frames glue to the ground and cannot be moved???????

SavagE

Pls stop making damaged wooden frames magically immovable objects. Just have the frame shatter if we try to pick it up damaged. Then we still have to repair it if we want to keep it but we can get it out of the way in an emergency. Having to try to repair it just to move it out of the way when you're getting attacked is ridiculous. I just died because of this mechanic. I didn't even know it was damaged and when i went to escape I was trapped and died. It makes no sense at all that we cannot pick things up just because they have a scratch.

Getting killed sucks. Getting killed for a silly reason sucks even more.. and makes for good laughs later.. :) I doubt the harmed frame bludgeoned you to death. There was a chain of bad decisions to end up in a spot where you don't have a second to equip an axe to escape.

The mechanic.. eh. It's a weird one, probably just a side effect of fixing something else. Possibly to avoid some sort of exploit, but I can't really come up with a good one.. generating "free wood" in those amounts would be ridiculous, or "free repairs" in the form of picking it up; the replace process takes longer than the repair.

So, I wouldn't mind changing the mechanic as such, I'm just not going to blame your death on it... :)

I've got to disagree that it makes no sense. It does make sense. Consider that the damaged wood is only in the shape of a frame but is structurally unstable. If you were to pick it up it would fall apart, or as the OP put it it would break. I do agree that it would be better if you could attempt to pick it up and it would break, but I get why they have it as it is now. Also, unless you are out of wood, you might as well just repair it and pick it up.

The only time this is an issue is early game and pretty much everything can get you killed early game. Your club lasts maybe 20 hits. Your spear takes insane stamina when thrown. Your character has the endurance of a covid patient who just got put on a respirator. Easy enough to learn from the experience and change things up in the future.

I've got to disagree that it makes no sense. It does make sense. Consider that the damaged wood is only in the shape of a frame but is structurally unstable. If you were to pick it up it would fall apart, or as the OP put it it would break. I do agree that it would be better if you could attempt to pick it up and it would break, but I get why they have it as it is now. Also, unless you are out of wood, you might as well just repair it and pick it up.

Riddle me this...when you cram an undamaged wood frame that is structurally sound into your backpack along with a stack of concrete, your bike, several cans of food, rocks, rifles, etc..

what stops it from splintering into a pile of damaged wood as it churns with everything else while you run around? I, mean, since we are trying to make sense of it all that is. ;-)

Sorry if this comes as harsh, but that sounds like a bad judgment call to block your exits with wood frames. If you must, use a door; honestly, I've never used wood frames to block anything but areas that I wanted to block off in instances where I had to give myself a few seconds of breathing room. Blocking your exit path -- especially one that you need to exit in a hurry -- is setting yourself up for a silly death. If you're worried about wasting resources... pretty sure one tree will give you over 100 more lol.

Riddle me this...when you cram an undamaged wood frame that is structurally sound into your backpack along with a stack of concrete, your bike, several cans of food, rocks, rifles, etc..

what stops it from splintering into a pile of damaged wood as it churns with everything else while you run around? I, mean, since we are trying to make sense of it all that is. ;-)

I said it on the ground makes sense. I never said the backpack physics makes sense. Carrying 30k stones and 6k iron doesn't make much sense either but even without mods you can do it. Not being able to pick up a broken wood box without a quick repair does.

My point is that trying to make sense of anything by an appeal to reality is a rabbit hole to Wonderland. If you need something to make sense then make something up like you did or just realize it is a video game and there are going to be breaks from reality. Not being able to pick up a cracked frame makes zero sense but it assists gameplay in a way the developers desire so there it is. It is the same thing as being able to carry more than the backpack could fit or we could carry. It assists gameplay. So you ignore it or you tell yourself it is just an abstraction of using heavy equipment that isn't specifically shown in the game.

Archived