A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project

xyth

If your getting lots of spam warnings when some characters are set on fire, please load the 2-CharacterEffects pack which has the fix for that.  It also contains random walktypes for all zombies, and enables humans to become infected.  Also will be testing the method of turning some quest zombies back to humans.  

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

On the weapons and the ammo there are these properties:

<passive_effect name="SpreadDegreesVertical" operation="base_set" value="x.x"/> 
                <passive_effect name="SpreadDegreesHorizontal" operation="base_set" value="x.x"/> 

Higher values cause more random spread of the bullets, which will tend to result in misses with greater distance.  I think the Gun values might be the first to adjust.  I noticed in vanilla these values are sometimes on the guns or on the ammo, or on both, so I put the values on all but didnt test extensively.  They are pretty accurate as is right now so increasing the values might help.

4 hours ago, durgah said:

Thanks for working and maintaining this mod.  It has changed the whole way I play the game and it added much needed creature variety that the core game (IMO) is missing at the moment.  It definitely has led to more play time.

Thanks.  I wish I had more time to customize each character, but the intention was for folks to take these characters and xml mod them to suit.  There is quite a bit of variety in the pack, but if something is missing just let me know and I can probably add it.

19 hours ago, xyth said:

On the weapons and the ammo there are these properties:

<passive_effect name="SpreadDegreesVertical" operation="base_set" value="x.x"/> 
                <passive_effect name="SpreadDegreesHorizontal" operation="base_set" value="x.x"/> 

[..] They are pretty accurate as is right now so increasing the values might help.

it worked! And I agree, they look super accurate hence why I wanted to change it :D

my other question is on their approach, even after getting in range they keep running towards you like they want to get in the exact same block you are. Is it possible to make them stop when in max range to just attack? thats requires dmt correct?

with durgah there, it definitely improved our game! Im using creature/human/zombie packs 😎

Unfortunately, for vanilla compatibility we only have vanilla AITasks to work with.  Since the ranged code Im using was written back before A16 and not updated since, it has a lot of limitations.  So the ranged task only interrupts the approach and attack task, so they will get up into melee range.  The NPC modlet which is the DMT version adds new AI functions and the characters attempt to maintain a ranged distance.

If you discover better values for the weapon spreads, please let me know and I will add those to weapons/ammo xml.

On 9/16/2020 at 4:55 AM, danielspoa said:

my other question is on their approach, even after getting in range they keep running towards you like they want to get in the exact same block you are. Is it possible to make them stop when in max range to just attack? thats requires dmt correct?

I think this is a problem with the vanilla game, been seeing this behavior from the vanilla z's as well, with or without this mod.

Hi there. I seem to be missing icons for the bandit guns. I looked into the Humans and Mech packs but Im not entirely sure what I'm looking for. I can see the Tier number and description for the gun in the creative menu, I can use it and the gun appears but there's no icon for it in my inventory or menu. It's the same with the bee drone too. Im not familiar at all with modding so I hope this makes sense. I've installed Humans, Mechs, Zombies and Animals as well as the effects pack. Point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Edit: Are the guns that start with Bandit like: gunbanditHsniper_b (the ones that have no icons for me) are these guns just NPC guns from the mech and humans, and are not guns that players can loot? When I pick one of these to use, the ammo supply is unlimited. 

Bandit guns are not for use by players due to the unlimited ammo setting needed by the bandits.

Hi folks

Despite is a zombie game, I play 7dtd on lan with my brother  with zombies off (PVP, being just us and the environment the enemies). Just to clarify: I've just downloaded the animals and humans packs.

My doubts are:

In order to allow the human npc respawn (be they hostile or not) is it just enough the set'em only as "IsEnemyEntity=false" just like we do with Hostile Animals? Or I also have to change the npc class? I started playing yesterday and, at day 3, still didnt see any new animal or npc.

Besides that,  overcome this stage, to increase the chance and volume of respawn, where do I change? entitygroups.xml in Mods folder or the Data's one?

Thanks in advance

@xyth Would it be permissible to distribute the Behemoth into a standalone modlet? I read the introductory post on Terms of Use and as the requisite unity.3d file is tagged to you, I wanted to check on its term of use. My aim was simply to restrict the Behemoth to the Wastelands so it wouldn't impact on other biomes and would just add to the suspense and horror for that area.

9 hours ago, Kevin1000 said:

great looking mod only prob is i have no idea how to download it from that github link    can someone help me 

I got the whole lot by clicking on the green 'Code' tab, and then clicking on the 'Download zip' option. It takes a while as it downloads the whole repository. It meant I could get in some light sabre action though. If these aren't visible, as it does get a bit buggy at times, this is the direct download link. https://github.com/7D2D/A19Mods/archive/master.zip

Hi everyone, I don't know if I should ask here but I also asked the creator of the wesland mod too, when I use both modles of the wesland and creature pack humans, all entities that use ak47 stop firing, only ak47, but the wesland bandits work well with the ak47 could someone tell me why this happens is there any way to fix it?