A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project

xyth

Hey All!  Wanted to say thanks for the super pack!  Super happy about adding it to my setup.

The one thing I wanted to mention is that I passed over and skipped this mod several times, because the intro front page picture really did not look appealing.  Santa zombie, fallout robot, a goat, and a t-pose farmer just... felt very jokey and random.  I didn't want a circus of weird "funny" stuff, I wanted some legit content that melded in with the game's initial vibe.  

Thing is, this mod DOES have SO much stuff that I was seriously impressed with, I just had no idea when looking at the front page.   I don't feel like it's representative of the entire collection and offering this pack contains.  Maybe this pack is well known enough that it doesn't matter?... but just figured I'd give my two cents from a passer by that almost missed it, haha.

Here's a video of me trying to figure out what this pack actually had, in case it's useful for anyone else:
Video of me spawning things

One thing I noticed was that the sound effects had an unexpected "ranges".  Some birds/bats had absolutely -massive- sound ranges, as you can see here where I fly a large distance away and the sound doesn't diminish at all.
Alternatively, some spawns like the dust storm had the opposite problem:  The sound was way too localized to a random spot in the storm.  Here and here you can see me just wandering the storm, and then randomly stumbling on the storm "center" who's sound unnaturally is super localized to an invisible point.   Was definitely jarring on an otherwise awesome effect. 

Thanks again!  cheers!

Edited by Noggog (see edit history)

Thanks for the feedback.  I watched were you said you were in the center of storm but that was fog I think and not a storm.  The storm or tornado must have been below you.  the storm is a vulture and the tornado is a rabbit type creature.   The birds we reworked several times, but my hearing is poor in high frequency range so i'm a really bad judge of volume on tweeting things.

As far as the advertising, your right, that was an old screenshot of the early days of the pack.  Since there likely wont be a creaturepack in A20, but rather a few smaller packs by different authors, I will just leave it alone for now.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

is there any way to make bandits using ak47 and mp5 shoot similar to mechBee? (rapid fire). I am also testing the dmt versions with a friend, we are reviewing how the bullet damage works in the xml but we don't understand it; I would like make bandits run faster any advice? to edit it in the xml?

Edited by Souhank (see edit history)

Hey Team, 

Love the additions! Great mod packs. I included the zombies, humans, and animals in my current playthrough. 

However, there is this "dog zombie replacement" thing. Veiny mole-headed monstrosity that can take down a metal door with a few hits, take 20 bullets to the face, and then two hit kill me while I'm sprinting away. It's spawning in low level buildings (sometimes two together) early game and that's a bit too intense for me. 

I have little experience with modding ... Is there any way to remove that one zombie without removing the rest. 

Thanks again!

4 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Not sure what it is called, but removing it the way Xyth said will just prevent new spawns. So any right around you would still be there. 

Once it despawns though you shouldn't see anymore unless some got stored as a sleeper somewhere. 

OK ... that makes sense.

Thanks for all the help!

On 1/12/2021 at 5:14 AM, Donmegawatt said:

However, there is this "dog zombie replacement" thing. Veiny mole-headed monstrosity that can take down a metal door with a few hits, take 20 bullets to the face, and then two hit kill me while I'm sprinting away.

W T F ! ? I have not seen this yet... I'm excited LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again
We have really enjoyed these packs on our server, and everything work fine.
But there is one big issue, one of the fantasy creatures create problems, we get this error message:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at BlockDamage.OnEntityCollidedWithBlock (WorldBase _world, System.Int32 _clrIdx, Vector3i _blockPos, BlockValue _blockValue, Entity _targetEntity) [0x000a5] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at ChunkCluster.CheckCollisionWithBlocks (Entity _entity) [0x0023f] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at World.CheckEntityCollisionWithBlocks (Entity _entity) [0x0002b] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at Entity.ccEntityCollisionResults () [0x001ce] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at Entity.ccEntityCollision (UnityEngine.Vector3 _vel) [0x00016] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at Entity.entityCollision (UnityEngine.Vector3 _motion) [0x0001c] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at EntityAlive.DefaultMoveEntity (UnityEngine.Vector3 _direction, System.Boolean _isDirAbsolute) [0x00275] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at EntityAlive.MoveEntityHeaded (UnityEngine.Vector3 _direction, System.Boolean _isDirAbsolute) [0x002c1] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at EntityZombie.MoveEntityHeaded (UnityEngine.Vector3 _direction, System.Boolean _isDirAbsolute) [0x00124] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at EntityAlive.OnUpdateLive () [0x001a8] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at EntityEnemy.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at EntityZombie.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x0001e] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at World.TickEntity (Entity e, System.Single _partialTicks) [0x0015d] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at World.TickEntitiesSlice (System.Int32 count) [0x00037] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at World.TickEntitiesFlush () [0x0000c] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at GameManager.UpdateTick () [0x00033] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00265] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0
  at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <8966b1f384fe4ecab81b938f521bef70>:0 

Sometimes it break the game so we have to restart, other times it slow down the game for many seconds, but if we mange to kill the right zombie everything is working fine again.  I think it is fantasyNightmare02 but not sure.
Im currently using a version 19.2.1.9 of the mod.

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

The fantasy mod was released as part of the WinterWeen project and never released as a solo mod and was never tested outside of WW.  The release version is  <Version value="19.2.1.1" />  so no idea how you got that other version.  You can remove that entity from spawning if you think its that one.  Let me now if you confirm its that one.  

Hi, I am using Alpha 19 and I have downloaded the Creature Pack Mods. As instructed, I have copied them properly in the mods folder. A new set of Zombies have now started appearing in the game but there are no creatures, NPCs, Bandits etc. If I have to do something else too or if I am missing anything, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi, I am using Alpha 19 and I have downloaded the Creature Pack Mods. As instructed, I have copied them properly in the mods folder. A new set of Zombies have now started appearing in the game but there are no creatures, NPCs, Bandits etc. If I have to do something else too or if I am missing anything, please let me know. Thanks.

On 1/12/2021 at 2:14 AM, Donmegawatt said:

However, there is this "dog zombie replacement" thing. Veiny mole-headed monstrosity that can take down a metal door with a few hits, take 20 bullets to the face, and then two hit kill me while I'm sprinting away. It's spawning in low level buildings (sometimes two together) early game and that's a bit too intense for me.

@DonmegawattBelieve you want to remove all lines referencing "zombieGuppyCreepyCrawly" and "zombieGuppyInfernalDog" in  \Mods\0-CreaturePackZombies\config\entitygroups.xml (as Xyth mentioned earlier). Make certain you are inside the Mods folder first, before you drill down into the subfolders. You may also need to re-verify your original files, as you've probably accidentally deleted the regular undead dobermans from vanilla spawn groups. Cheers!

@xythPersonally, would love it if the CreaturePack split off all the medieval/magic/elemental/demonic mobs into a Fantasy pack, and the mutated stuff (including Guppy's dogs and several from Bdub's Wastelands) into a Mutant pack. Not holding my breath though, as I imagine you have your hands full atm, and possible authors clenching sphincters at the thought of their IP being re-utilized for a community mod...

Edited by Cernwn (see edit history)