A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project

xyth

Before I ask, I love this mod despite only playing it for about 10 minutes (currently playing it as well :)) it reminds me of those old mods back in A15 that actually had non broken bandits. It feels like I found it again. Anyways, is it possible to make the Bandits drop loot? Or is there just a chance they'll drop it?

1 minute ago, TEMPERFLAWLESS said:

Before I ask, I love this mod despite only playing it for about 10 minutes (currently playing it as well :)) it reminds me of those old mods back in A15 that actually had non broken bandits. It feels like I found it again. Anyways, is it possible to make the Bandits drop loot? Or is there just a chance they'll drop it?

They already do, but it's pretty rare.

1 hour ago, xyth said:

On the current build, bandits drop a "strong" loot bag 25% of the time, and survivors drop a normal one 10% of the time to limit the benefits of survivor farming.  Change it to whatever % you want.  

If I was to change it for myself, I would probably make the bags from bandits more rare. They tend to have good things that I feel like they are given away a bit early for not much of effort.

Not sure which pack you are talking about, likely humans, but the character author controls the textures for the most part.  Redoing textures to dirty them is possible but is a specialty skillset and few want to learn that or take the time to make new skins for each character.  Which characters stand out as needing a reskin?  

I have the zombie pack currently on my dedicated server. I recall when some of my players first saw the new zombies someone said the 'blueman group' was approaching.

I'm running the 50-zombie horde mod on my server so it's pretty wild to see 50 zeds coming at you. But now it's sprinkled with little patches of bright white, pink, red, blue, etc. kinda make it look very non-post-apocalyptic.

There's modding, and there's modding.

Adding flying bears is modding a 13y.o. kid would do.

Starvation Mod was an adult, well thought out super mod.

Throwing in cartoon zombies is kiddie stuff imo.

Sure, some will think they're funny, but they really do not fit into the overall game concept. And with all the graphic work in A19 to give zombies improved HD graphics, seeing WoWish characters running around just cancels out that work.

I'll just remove them.

No need to trouble yourself.

I was on the Starvation team.   This mod is a resource file.  The contents of it were made by people who cared enough to use their time to offer something free to folks who might appreciate their effort.  The nice thing is you can easily remove whatever you don't like.  I'm sorry you cant bother providing useful information as to which ones might need improvement.  I'm sure your very busy making better mods, and I cant wait to see what your offer the community.  

That's because, like a lot of users on this forum, he can't be bothered to do anything but @%$*#! about someone else's work . . . that they aren't getting paid for . . . and providing to the community for free.

On another note . . Can 0-CreaturePackAnimals and 0-CreaturePackZombies be run at the same time? I have them both in my mods folder, and I am getting the zombies, but have yet to see any of the animals?

Edited by Reckis (see edit history)

Yes, all the packs are designed to work together.  Do you see new animals in the F6 spawn menu (enable DM mode first in the console) ?  Might just be the spawning rate is a little low.  I errored on low animal spawn rates as TFP really cranked down the large animal spawns to limit meat.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Guys I have no horse in this race and I mean no disrespect because I am a HUGE fan of most modders but it seems like zewtastic was giving some feedback and since it was negative it isn't being taken very well. The responses are a bit harsh. The passive aggressive "can't wait to see what mods you make" is kinda @%$*#!ty. bdubyah/reckis you are just jumping on adding fuel to the fire and making it worse. Also adding to the hive mind "let's get him" mindset.

I saw the same kinda thing from the Fun Pimps at different times. Someone mentions modders making changes and they get pissed because they think someone is criticizing them personally. As if people aren't allowed to dislike someones work no matter how much effort they put into it. That doesn't mean they are disrespecting you, they just have an opinion.

Full disclosure I don't like all the zombies either, some of them are just goofy. Specifically I really didn't like the guppycur zeds, certainly don't want cartoony zeds that require me to learn xml editing and so I don't play with the mod because I don't know how to remove them.

Now it's easy to say "just learn it" but I honestly don't have the time. I make multiple weekly trips minimum 2 hours driving to take my disabled wife to so many doc visits she gets mentally and physically fatigued. When I get home then we have to deal with the string of bad news and life ruining medical debt. My point is you don't always know the full story and there is no reason to be dicks to someone because you don't like the response you got.

Granted I am very cautious about what I read/say on this forum as the hive mind can be pretty mean spirited but it seems like we have a chance to learn about taking constructive feedback and using it. Now, I am just going off the posts in the last few pages of this thread so if there is more to the story then I apologize.

I edited my post and took out a line I felt was harsh. Everything else was left intact.

Edited by CynicalGamer (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, xyth said:

Yes, all the packs are designed to work together.  Do you see new animals in the F6 spawn menu (enable DM mode first in the console) ?  Might just be the spawning rate is a little low.  I errored on low animal spawn rates as TFP really cranked down the large animal spawns to limit meat.

Ok, they are in the spawn menu, so it must just a rate thing.

16 minutes ago, CynicalGamer said:

Guys I have no horse in this race and I mean no disrespect because I am a HUGE fan of most modders but it seems like zewtastic was giving some feedback and since it was negative it isn't being taken very well. The responses are a bit harsh. The passive aggressive "can't wait to see what mods you make" is kinda @%$*#!ty. bdubyah/reckis you are just jumping on adding fuel to the fire and making it worse. Also adding to the hive mind "let's get him" mindset.

I saw the same kinda thing from the Fun Pimps at different times. Someone mentions modders making changes and they get pissed because they think someone is criticizing them personally. As if people aren't allowed to dislike someones work no matter how much effort they put into it. That doesn't mean they are disrespecting you, they just have an opinion.

Full disclosure I don't like all the zombies either, some of them are just goofy. Specifically I really didn't like the guppycur zeds, certainly don't want cartoony zeds that require me to learn xml editing and so I don't play with the mod because I don't know how to remove them.

Now it's easy to say "just learn it" but I honestly don't have the time. I make multiple weekly trips minimum 2 hours driving to take my disabled wife to so many doc visits she gets mentally and physically fatigued. When I get home then we have to deal with the string of bad news and life ruining medical debt. My point is you don't always know the full story and there is no reason to be dicks to someone because you don't like the response you got.

Granted I am very cautious about what I read/say on this forum as the hive mind can be pretty mean spirited but it seems like we have a chance to learn about taking constructive feedback and using it. Now, I am just going off the posts in the last few pages of this thread so if there is more to the story then I apologize.

I edited my post and took out a line I felt was harsh. Everything else was left intact.

Sorry if that came across harsher than I meant it, but the dude literally @%$*#!ed about the models once, was politely asked to cite examples, and then proceeded to come back several more times to @%$*#! some more! Bordering on insulting the creators . . . 

17 hours ago, zewtastic said:

Throwing in cartoon zombies is kiddie stuff imo.

It is just one of my pet peeves I guess . . . "I am gonna use the free resources you created and provided, and then be impolite when (asking you to change it to suit my wants/criticizing it)".

Edited by Reckis (see edit history)

I guess this is a good sign that at least some of us live a happy and healthy life if they are willing to spend their time and energy to come here and criticize work of other people who are doing it for free. I'm actually happy to know that something like visual aspect of a game mod is their biggest concern in their life, because that means if it wasn't for this game mod concern, their life would be perfect!

53 minutes ago, xyth said:

I found the comments about this mod being childish to be a bit insulting, but I shouldn't have been snarky.  Its a game after all.

I guess we all have been at least once in our lives in situations when something made us upset to the point we acted out of the boundaries of our usual behavior. I think it's natural, after all we are humans and not robots programmed to always follow one specific program.

B2Bh4cr.png

1 hour ago, Reckis said:

@xyth Would removing zombies from this mod be as simple as removing the xml references from entityclasses?

The best way is to remove them from entitygroups.xml.  If you remove them from entityclasses and not from entitygroups, they will error.  No harm leaving them in the entityclasses.

I know this may seem like a lot of effort but if there was a screenshot of each zombie included in each pack so people could see them with their "id" attached (or even in the screenshot) it would be simple to say go to whatever.xml, locate that zombies entry and remove it. Then everyone could adjust it the way they want easily. It could even be a requirement for submission that each entrant include the screenshot. Just a suggestion.

I'd also like to thank everyone for not jumping on me after my post. I've always told people who are on the fence about purchasing 7 days to look at it like Neverwinter Nights. That game is still running because of an amazing modding community and 7 days has the same thing. It is you guys who will keep this game fresh and going for many years. Don't forget or lose sight of how important some of us see your work even if we don't always convey it.

So because someone has an issue with some of the zeds, but won't even begin to describe which ones, you want a whole index put together to make it easier? Wouldn't it just be easier for the people that are so offended to just provide screenshots of the ones in question? Or do like Reckis and simply ask how to remove them. It's not rocket science. Again, not having an attitude and politely asking something will get you much farther than saying "This is kiddie stuff. Remove plz."

And I wasn't jumping on him because he did something other than praise the mod, or because of some "hive mindset". I replied because he flat out ignored Xyth asking him for examples of the zeds he found so childish looking. All the while being snarky himself. Nothing more, nothing less.

And don't take this as me jumping on you, either. It's not personal or anything. Just as someone who also deals with people being ignorant about your mods and not providing requested info while having an attitude, I just call it as I see it. You come at me with attitude and entitlement, you'll get basically nothing. Nothing wrong with being polite. I don't even expect a thank you. Just don't be rude. Lol.