A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project

xyth

Greetings, I have a question, what is the use of these items? 

gunBanditSMG5Hidden, gunBanditAk47Hidden, gunBanditPistolHidden, gunBanditHuntingRifleHidden, gunBanditMR10Hidden, gunBanditPumpShotgunHidden, gunBanditM60Hidden

We use the Mod 0 CreaturePackHumans and have found that these items appear frequently in chests and character inventories.
They spawn for no reason.

Could I deactivate the items so that they no longer appear in chests and character inventories?

We use the mod for our community Multiplayer-Server | Version A19

On 10/23/2020 at 10:35 PM, xyth said:

I have lots more birds and animals, so once the WinterWeen mod is released I should have time to add more.  Any requests?  

No requests, but that's sounds great. I will be waiting for next update :D

In latest version of the animal pack most of the animals have gotten white areas on their backs, I cant remember seeing this before, and I don't think it is intended.

Screenshot_(283).png

Screenshot_(282).png

haha, those are Winterween animals, I will push a fix shortly.  

On 10/31/2020 at 5:22 PM, SquareKnights said:

Greetings, I have a question, what is the use of these items? 

gunBanditSMG5Hidden, gunBanditAk47Hidden, gunBanditPistolHidden, gunBanditHuntingRifleHidden, gunBanditMR10Hidden, gunBanditPumpShotgunHidden, gunBanditM60Hidden

We use the Mod 0 CreaturePackHumans and have found that these items appear frequently in chests and character inventories.
They spawn for no reason.

Could I deactivate the items so that they no longer appear in chests and character inventories?

We use the mod for our community Multiplayer-Server | Version A19

Those should not appear in game, they are the ranged weapons used by NPCMechs.  I will likely move those to the CPMechs modlet eventually.  I have no idea how or why they would appear in loot, and they are set to be non-dropable.  Perhaps someone is going into the creative menu?

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

1 hour ago, xyth said:

haha, those are Winterween animals, I will push a fix shortly. 

hehe I see :)
Im starting a new server with some friends in a few weeks, so I wonder if there is any eta on more birds and animals that you mentioned?

5 hours ago, corona9800 said:

those winterween zombies are amazing anyway to add them to the creature pack for the snow biome 

The animals are the same, I just snowified them using a shader.  If you swap the XythAnimals.unity3d file from WW into the CPack you would see the snowy ones.  You cant have both loaded though, as they have the same entity names.

what about the zombie creature pack

3 hours ago, xyth said:

The animals are the same, I just snowified them using a shader.  If you swap the XythAnimals.unity3d file from WW into the CPack you would see the snowy ones.  You cant have both loaded though, as they have the same entity names.

what about the zombie pack they a simple way to get those also

Depends on the pack, there are 3 retexturing packs in WW.  If the pack creates new zombie names, then you can just add those to the snow biome spawns.  If the pack doesn't, you could create entityclasses.xml xpath to do that.  Not something I have time to help with, but its very doable.  

With all the new zeds and animals in these packs, its fun to put together theme based groups for each biome.  Today I found a Interesting area of use for the creepy crawler. I have the "A better life" mod from sphereii that add fish underwater, and for fun I made the crawler smaller and added it to water, and I almost jumped out of my chair. I was just standing and looking at the fish, when I saw this creature rushing toward me at crazy speed underwater.
I have no idea why it is faster underwater than on land. It even followed me underwater when I was flying in god mode speed. If that thing was not creepy before, it is now. And it just stayed on the bottom, it had no rush getting out of the water. So now I have crawlers in different sizes living in the water. Fishing dont feel safe anymore :D

Just want to say thank you for making this mod :)

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

On 10/26/2020 at 10:24 PM, Cernwn said:

POSSIBLE TODO:

- Roadrunners (INSTEAD OF chickens), Gila Monsters and Scorpions for Desert biome.

- Gators/Crocodiles, Snapping Turtles and Venomous Watersnakes (Nerodia fasciata - AZ version of water moccasin or cottonmouth) for Water biome.

- Quail (INSTEAD OF chickens), Badgers, Red Foxes and Gazelle/Antelope for Forest biome.

- Mountain Sheep and Snowy Owls for Snow biome.

- Raccoons and Rats random chance to spawn upon searching trashcans/dumpsters in City biome.

SEPERATE POSSIBLE TODO:

- Infected or heavily mutated versions of any existing animals for your zombie creature pack - think Grace or zombie vultures/bears/dogs, and Swarms for small infected critters.

- XTRA pass: Creatures only spawn in appropriate biome(s).

- XTRA pass: Creature AI is appropriate to actual animals behavior (fight, flight, fight if injured), proximity (attack when too close), SIZE of prey  (if any). i.e. Healthy foxes won't attack prey significantly larger than themselves, but Honeybadger don't care...

spacer.png

Great list you and @doughphunghus

@xyth I'd love just ordinary house and/or feral cats. Long haired and short haired. I have four rescue cats of my own and take care of a colony of about 15 ferals in my backyard along with possums, coons, squirrels. So yeah, the one bowl of milk away from being a cat lady, would love to see these animals as well lol I'd hate to see chickens leave though.

I know someone tried to add doggos, but that didn't work out very well. I think it's just the way the game is coded and being able to replicate models that make sense. But yeah, cats please. Dogs if we could. Actually I wish we could have a personal pet/companion! But alas, one can dream 😄

Thanks again for the creature pack. I'm really enjoying all the birds and ambient sounds. Plus the goats crack me up. I just have to let them live they're so well done and bring life to my world!

P.S. Question if it's no bother- I see new animals, do I need to update the pack to a more recent version? And in doing so, will I mess any existing animals up? 

Edited by Netwit2008 (see edit history)

Thanks.  There are already dogs in this mod.  Updating the mod generally is game safe, unless something is removed in the update.  The is an NPC version of the animal pack that provides hiring animals as pets, but it required using the mod launcher to install it and it's dependencies.

9 hours ago, magejosh said:

Is the fantasy creature pack not a thing anymore? I was looking for it but didn't see it.

I was also looking for that. There is a working version of the fantasy creature pack i the winterween overhaul mod, in the mod folder. I just took that one and added to my game :D

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)