A19/A18 CreaturePacks - A community entity project

xyth

3 hours ago, xyth said:

Private repo while I work on things.  Pretty much just focused on NPCs since thats a huge undertaking.   Lockpicking will be next, not sure I will release other mods unless there are requests.

Is it true that now we can simply drop the mods into the game and they will / should work even if we don't install DMT? Devs mentioned something about Harmony being a part of the vanilla game so that mods that require it won't need it as dependency, or something along those lines. Since you mentioned that lockpicking should work as is, I was a little bit impatient there and just grabbed Sphereii's latest Core for A20 and dropped it along with the lockpicking mod from A19 into my A20 game. I didn't install anything else and it seems to work, so I guess we don't need to modify game files anymore? That would be super cool AND, if your lovely NPCs worked that way out of the box too, that would be even better. You know, my niece lacks the technical experience, but she wants to mod her game, but when I explained to her how to do it, she gave up, so I guess the easier it becomes, the better for everyone.

You are correct.  Properly prepared mods with code can just be placed in the Mods folder and should work as expected.  That is why the CP mod is discontinued in favor of the full featured NPC mod.  

The A19 lockpicking works but it seems to snap lockpicks very easily, and i noticed some artifacts on zoom in on 1 lock, but if you can live with those issues, enjoy.

12 minutes ago, xyth said:

You are correct.  Properly prepared mods with code can just be placed in the Mods folder and should work as expected.  That is why the CP mod is discontinued in favor of the full featured NPC mod.  

The A19 lockpicking works but it seems to snap lockpicks very easily, and i noticed some artifacts on zoom in on 1 lock, but if you can live with those issues, enjoy.

Well, that's a real game changer then! So it seems like we are actually getting back in time in terms of development of this mod. If I remember correctly, you started with a single NPC mod, then you made it to two different mods, one DMT NPC and the other vanilla characters that weren't interactable. Now we are going back to one mod again lol. I guess from long time perspective, it's probably tidier this way, but I imagine it will be a lot of extra work for you. 🙁 I just want you to know it's all very appreciated, I love your mods, you know they are must to have for me!

As for the lockpicks, of course I would love an updated version if possible, that is if the issues that you have mentioned there are something you can fix on your side. I will see how it works in game. Yesterday I tried to open one door on my new character. I only had 3 lockpicks and I broke all of them, but then again it was early in game and I didn't have any points in lockpicking skill yet, so maybe that's why. I haven't found any more lockpicks yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes yes I admit it - stuck the creatures pack into my A20 save - got super excited when I could creatively spawn the spiders in - sadness ensued when I realised I'm totally 'that guy' when nothing naturally spawned! 

I bow down in penance for my impatience at the alter that is known as Xyth!

• xyth locked this topic