Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

6 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

And did you hear the new auger sound? Its reminds me the sound of ricochet!

Is it a loop of someone going, "Drill drill drill drill drill drill drill", or perhaps, "Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang", or even, "Chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk"? =D

OMG It's the old auger sound! I missed that one!

Oh, that glugging sound as the tank refills! I thought TFP must have lost the rights to that!

4 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

Is it a loop of someone going, "Drill drill drill drill drill drill drill", or perhaps, "Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang", or even, "Chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk chunk"? =D

"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew."

And there I go, throwing myself on the floor thinking I'm at in middle of a gun fighting.

7 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I think our character is going for the strategy that is, "If I can't detect the enemies, they can't detect me." 😜

alec-blanket.jpg.c0efb5b757eaa59d2ea74b8c62c07e08.jpg

The perfect strategy. But be aware, every room has a invisible tripwire in its entrance and if you across this, all zombies in there will wake up even if your stealth counter is showing 3!

The great secret is: The zombies are all deaf, and they need a tripwire to awake then. 

3 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew."

And there I go, throwing myself on the floor thinking I'm at in middle of a gun fighting.

If any game actually implements that, I'm going to seriously consider the budget behind it. XD Probably fifteen dollars and sixty-three cents or something along those lines. 😛

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

If any game actually implements that, I'm going to seriously consider the budget behind it. XD Probably fifteen dollars and sixty-three cents or something along those lines. 😛

"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew..." 🤣

2 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew..." 🤣

For guns:

"Bang, bang, bang... bang..."

For vehicles:

"Vroooom, vroooom, vroooooom, vroom... Rrrrr..."

For crops when they grow:

"Grown. Grown. Grown."

For ambience:

"Chirp. Ribbit. A cricket chirping! A cricket chirping! Crooaak... SQUIRREL!!!"

For any motor tools:

"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew..."

And that is what you get with a fifteen dollar kickstarter. 🤣

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

For guns:

"Bang, bang, bang... bang..."

For vehicles:

"Vroooom, vroooom, vroooooom, vroom... Rrrrr..."

For crops when they grow:

"Grown. Grown. Grown."

For ambience:

"Chirp. Ribbit. A cricket chirping! A cricket chirping!

For any motor tools:

"Pew pew pew pew pew pew pew..."

And that is what you get with a fifteen dollars kickstarter. 🤣

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
OH MAN! MY BELLY HURTS!

A CRICKET CHIRPING!

And imagine if it have subtitles options on just like Minecraft?

"Vrumm" (Sub: Auger UP)
"Pew pew pew pew pew" (Sub: Auger working)
"Chirp. Ribbit. A cricket chirping! A cricket chirping!" (Sub: A cricket chirping!)
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, RhinoW said:

EDIT: Oh and there's no anti-nerdpolling in the game.

I've hammered this one to death over several alphas, all we can do is hope there is a change of heart. They'll never take it out it seems but one can hope there will be an option that will discourage it. Like in Ravenherst. I'm playing the game the hardest possible way without nerd polling in the hopes someone will be swayed. I'll wait till stable and do a playthough and post it on youtube. Hopefully it will do something.

Edit: Its the key to saving pvp multiplayer but they are not worried about that till beta.

14 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

I've hammered this one to death over several alphas, all we can do is hope there is a change of heart. They'll never take it out it seems but one can hope there will be an option that will discourage it. Like in Ravenherst. I'm playing the game the hardest possible way without nerd polling in the hopes someone will be swayed. I'll wait till stable and do a playthough and post it on youtube. Hopefully it will do something.

Edit: Its the key to saving pvp multiplayer but they are not worried about that till beta.

Yeah, lets just take all bits of fun, or doing something in other than a pre-ordained way out of the game.. In fact, why bother to even play it?

19 minutes ago, Demandred1957 said:

Yeah, lets just take all bits of fun, or doing something in other than a pre-ordained way out of the game.. In fact, why bother to even play it?

I said an option, nobody said you would have to turn it on. You play the game way you want to play it, I'm fighting for the way I and others want to play it. If there are mods that are made doing this already then I'm not the only one that thinks this way. Why do you guys get so defensive when it comes to this.

1 hour ago, madmole said:

Awesome, be sure to share the link here. I'm building a pretty large castle in my current play through but it nowhere near done yet, but I finally have 4 walls and all the outer towers built. Hopefully I can move in soon :)

I'll make a video of it and post it. I'm waiting for stable to build my epic castle, so you will have to post a video/pics of yours so I can get my castle fix haha.

14 hours ago, Demandred1957 said:

That's a pretty bull@%$*#! and flawed point of view. I can counter-argument by saying, what's the point of detailed PoI's anyway? What's the point of level design? What's the point of weapons? What's the point of even fighting? Just get some wood, nerdpole, collect stuff like a freaking squirrel, stuff em, and drive around the bloodmoon or hide from it at the top of a building you nerdpolled to...

That defeats the purpose of most of the work put into this game.

And what's the fun in nerdpolling again? If you have more fun nerdpolling than stealthing, killing, destroying and looting your way through a PoI, then you must check your standards.

Oh and you talk with stupid hyperboles like going through a PoI is a massive burden (which isn't) that takes the whole fun out of the game and drives your linearity detector into overdrive...the hell?

7 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

That's a pretty bull@%$*#! and flawed point of view. I can counter-argument by saying, what's the point of detailed PoI's anyway? What's the point of level design? What's the point of weapons? What's the point of even fighting? Just get some wood, nerdpole, collect stuff like a freaking squirrel, stuff em, and drive around the bloodmoon or hide from it at the top of a building you nerdpolled to...

And what's the fun in nerdpolling again? If you have more fun nerdpolling and stealthing, killing, destroying and looting your way through a PoI, then you must check your standards.

Oh and you talk with stupid hyperboles like going through a PoI is a massive burden (which isn't) that takes the whole fun out of the game and drives your linearity detector into overdrive...the hell?

And how does the way other people play their game affect you? (Outside of a multiplayer server, of course.) I say, live and let live.

Plus, just think for a second what building would be like without nerdpoling in 7D2D. Think about it for a moment, and if you'd be fine with it, how many other people wouldn't be?

I personally dislike cheesing POI's by magic hopping my way to the top. So, I don't do it. End of story.

Nerdpoling isn't a cheese strat. It's a useful tool that some people exploit to their advantage. If you really believe you're better than them, then don't do what they do. Simple. *Shrug*

Edit: An optional feature to disable it would be fine, even though that would be an oddly specific option.

15 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

And how does the way other people play their game affect you? (Outside of a multiplayer server, of course.) I say, live and let live.

Plus, just think for a second what building would be like without nerdpoling in 7D2D. Think about it for a moment, and if you'd be fine with it, how many other people wouldn't be?

I personally dislike cheesing POI's by magic hopping my way to the top. So, I don't do it. End of story.

Nerdpoling isn't a cheese strat. It's a useful tool that some people exploit to their advantage. If you really believe you're better than them, then don't do what they do. Simple. *Shrug*

It doesn't affect me, in fact i never said anything about nerdpoling in the first place (besides mentioning it)  until the dude replied to you, it can stay for all i care. The thing is that he was defending nerdpoling by saying actually exploring a major part of the game isn't fun.

Again, I don't care about nerdpoling and obviously building would be tedious.

I don't do it either.

Nerdpoling is a cheesy strat, like blocking entrances with a single block (when they break a door down) but being able to hit them safely, spam repairing something with a nailgun, get on the roof of a PoI and wait out the blood moon. 

Again, I'm not defending the removal of nerd poling or the usage of it, i'm just saying that his argument was pretty delusional and quite disrespectful towards the work that has been done trying to get to make the PoI's interesting.

9 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

It doesn't affect me, in fact i never said anything about nerdpoling in the first place (besides mentioning it)  until the dude replied to you, it can stay for all i care. The thing is that he was defending nerdpoling by saying actually exploring a major part of the game isn't fun.

Again, I don't care about nerdpoling and obviously building would be tedious.

I don't do it either.

Nerdpoling is a cheesy strat, like blocking entrances with a single block (when they break a door down) but being able to hit them safely, spam repairing something with a nailgun, get on the roof of a PoI and wait out the blood moon. 

Again, I'm not defending the removal of nerd poling or the usage of it, i'm just saying that his argument was pretty delusional and quite disrespectful towards the work that has been done trying to get to make the PoI's interesting.

I see, I apologize then. I just saw "anti-nerdpoling" being discussed and I simply rolled me eyes and went, "Great, this discussion again." Perhaps I should have read the entire thing.

Not arguing against you here, but what is the difference between putting a block in front of a door to trap the zombies inside, and just opening the door, hitting them, shutting the door, etc. I don't place blocks in front of doorways (unlike former cheater, Glock9), but I'm curious on your take on this.

Besides, what never gets brought up in these discussions is the various POI's in the game that has their loot stashes underground or on the ground floor. Removing nerdpoling doesn't help there. 😛

45 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

I said an option, nobody said you would have to turn it on. You play the game way you want to play it, I'm fighting for the way I and others want to play it. If there are mods that are made doing this already then I'm not the only one that thinks this way. Why do you guys get so defensive when it comes to this.

Because the devs don't need any bright ideas on how to make the game more restrictive. They are doing just fine on that all by themselves.

53 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

That option already exsists. 

Its called “insert your name here”

1 minute ago, Demandred1957 said:

Because the devs don't need any bright ideas on how to make the game more restrictive. They are doing just fine on that all by themselves.

Debating this with you is not going to solve anything. I've said a lot about this already in the diary. You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I'm not going to stop fighting for the things I want in the game until gold comes out.

12 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

The thing is that he was defending nerdpoling by saying actually exploring a major part of the game isn't fun

Said no such thing. Merely pointing out what you think isn't fun, may be fun to someone else. Maybe there are players that like the sandbox, building, and just being contrary and not doing things in a scripted manner aspect of the game vs how YOU think it SHOULD be played. The game has a lot of freedom, but it is getting more and more restricted with every update. I personally think you should be able to do ANYTHING at ANYTIME in ANY way that you like. That's what I call fun.

40 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

And what's the fun in nerdpolling again? If you have more fun nerdpolling and stealthing, killing, destroying and looting your way through a PoI, then you must check your standards.

Wow, way to crap on those that enjoy. Stealth play. Killing zombie play. Destroying things play and looting play.  Good job you 

20 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

Wow, quite full of yourself ain't ya? So glad I don't have to have YOUR permission to have fun with the game I paid for in the way I want to.

4 minutes ago, STyK_ said:

Debating this with you is not going to solve anything. I've said a lot about this already in the diary. You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I'm not going to stop fighting for the things I want in the game until gold comes out.

Ditto, and I will not stop fighting to keep the stuff I don't want out of it. See ya on the battlefield.

14 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

(unlike former cheater, Glock9)

And how is that cheating? it could be said that the way zoms gps to you, break steel blocks with their dead human meat hands, and all the other things that they do is "cheating" as well. I would call it "having fun your way".

Archived