Alpha 19 Dev Diary

madmole

2 hours ago, Toban said:

A quick comment on too much ammo early days. IMO, I can imagine with the new pipe weapons coming and using shotgun shells ect, the abundant ammo will sort itself out. If an inferior weapon uses the same ammo as an higher tier weapon, you will use more ammo up. Hence you will have the choice, use ammo in your day to day life, or save it. (I always save ammo for day 7's) I think what the game gives now, will be fine going forward.

Still loving alpha 19. Huge thumbs up 😉 Wife is on her 6th death haha... she hates tfp now 😅🤣in a good way though!

Nice castle avatar!

So the mini bike is probably going to be my sole ride for this play though things being so rare on 25% loot. It got me thinking cause I know TFP l loves those hard choices.

I was forced to buy the mini bike and if I didn't I'd likely made it once I found the parts cause steel is gated in my case. The chance of me finding a crucible is extremely slim. So hard choice. Because the mini bike is of a lower quality design then the motorbike and you are just getting into this skill set the mini bike should show lower quality.

It should be louder, backfire randomly, and the backfire should attract zombies. Also should be more prone to breaking down. 1. it would be funny 2. encourage you to upgrade 3. consequence for your choice

Stay with the bike till you can afford the motorcycle being silent but high stamina cost or going with the mini bike but loud?

6 minutes ago, madmole said:

Nice castle avatar!

Thanks. I love castles and this game allows me to build some cool ones. This one is called, Castle Lathan because he didn't have a POI named after him haha. I'm gonna upload it to Youtube lol. 👍

4 minutes ago, Toban said:

Thanks. I love castles and this game allows me to build some cool ones. This one is called, Castle Lathan because he didn't have a POI named after him haha. I'm gonna upload it to Youtube lol. 👍

Lathan Hardware. (It's in the ghost town on the south end of Navezgane if you're curious)

3 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

Lathan Hardware. (It's in the ghost town on the south end of Navezgane if you're curious)

Ah, okay. In his stream he said he didn't have one lol. I felt bad for the chap so I built him one haha.

12 minutes ago, Toban said:

Ah, okay. In his stream he said he didn't have one lol. I felt bad for the chap so I built him one haha.

It's small and really quick to clear so his playful grump (especially since it was in reference to Dishong Tower which got its name from another of the developers) is understandable.

5 minutes ago, hiemfire said:

It's small and really quick to clear so his playful grump (especially since it was in reference to Dishong Tower which got its name from another of the developers) is understandable.

Dishong Tower is huge so I understand haha.

1 hour ago, Toban said:

Don't forget to spawn Trader Rekt at the top and add the letters "Knuckle Rub" underneath...🤣

1 hour ago, Toban said:

Dishong Tower is huge so I understand haha.

Lathan's hardware has a lot of charm though...lol

I'm camped out for the night in a little hidey hut next to a trader, a zombie dog pack spawned to run in my direction but it sounds like they spawned inside of the trader at night as all I hear is their attacks followed by ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding. 

1 hour ago, Toban said:

Awesome, be sure to share the link here. I'm building a pretty large castle in my current play through but it nowhere near done yet, but I finally have 4 walls and all the outer towers built. Hopefully I can move in soon :)

20 minutes ago, SheeleMara said:

I'm camped out for the night in a little hidey hut next to a trader, a zombie dog pack spawned to run in my direction but it sounds like they spawned inside of the trader at night as all I hear is their attacks followed by ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding. 

All I can hear is Trader Rekt going, "Don't leave a mess on my front lawn!" 😜

2 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

Hey when are doors going to be lockpickable? It might be a bit strong but atleast "normal" doors should be lockpickable. 

Hey Madmole can you do that for us? Please?

And about doors, can you add more doors for deco purposes? Live double doors, glass doors and more decorative stuff?

Just now, Biscoitoso said:

Hey Madmole can you do that for us? Please?

And about doors, can you add more doors for deco purposes? Live double doors, glass doors and more decorative stuff?

I'm pretty sure madmole stated that having lockpicks work on locked doors is not going to happen, for PVP reasons and because opening a locked door would just make it easier for players to go off the intended path in a dungeon.

3 minutes ago, MechanicalLens said:

I'm pretty sure madmole stated that having lockpicks work on locked doors is not going to happen, for PVP reasons and because opening a locked door would just make it easier for players to go off the intended path in a dungeon.

Keep in mind most of the PoIs have easily breakable wooden walls. You would also be sacrificing lockpicks to JUST get through 1 door. About the pvp part, i'm talking about the non-craftable doors, and if that's still a problem, land claim blocks are a thing.

EDIT: Oh and there's no anti-nerdpolling in the game.

1 minute ago, MechanicalLens said:

I see, thats sad. Well... stealth is broken anyway, I can still destroy the door with my auger and the sleepers wont will come until I enter into the room. 😏😏

Just now, RhinoW said:

Keep in mind most of the PoIs have easily breakable wooden walls. You would also be sacrificing lockpicks to JUST get through 1 door. About the pvp part, i'm talking about the non-craftable doors, and if that's still a problem, land claim blocks are a thing.

EDIT: Oh and there's not anti-nerdpolling in the game.

There's also plenty of POI's that have locked vault doors. There's a reason for their existence: other than immersion (why wouldn't there be a door into x room?), they're there to deter people from going that unintended route and continue along to follow the lights. Of course though this is a fully destructible environment, you can do what you want, but you get what I mean.

Just now, MechanicalLens said:

There's also plenty of POI's that have locked vault doors. There's a reason for their existence: other than immersion (why wouldn't there be a door into x room?), they're there to deter people from going that unintended route and continue along to follow the lights. Of course though this is a fully destructible environment, you can do what you want, but you get what I mean.

That's why i stated "normal" doors :)

1 minute ago, Biscoitoso said:

I see, thats sad. Well... stealth is broken anyway, I can still destroy the door with my auger and the sleepers wont will come until I enter into the room. 😏😏

Yeah, and crouching down causes the auger to make less noise, because that makes complete sense. 😂

Archived