Cap level and difficulty of reaching it?

AshaMarie

What is the cap level in this game and how hard is it to reach for alpha 18? I tried going into a new save and enabling cheat mode to give myself like 99999999999999 xp or whatever, but i noticed i need millions and millions of xp in the level 100s so has me worried and thinking i bugged it out or something.

I am only trying to see how many perk points we can ultimately have so I can plan things out.

What is the cap level in this game and how hard is it to reach for alpha 18? I tried going into a new save and enabling cheat mode to give myself like 99999999999999 xp or whatever, but i noticed i need millions and millions of xp in the level 100s so has me worried and thinking i bugged it out or something.

I am only trying to see how many perk points we can ultimately have so I can plan things out.

In addition to what the others have said, the cheat to give yourself xp caps at (I believe) 100 million.... so you need to do that about 4000 times to get to the 477 billion xp that level 300 takes.

Wow, makes me want to increase xp gain to max settings then when I get to those levels.

that will give you maybe a level before it becomes a crawl again.

The Unfun Pimps (ha! So original) just don't care about players. THEY don't want players to be able to get every skill...

Thats why they set the skillcap at not a million. Not ten million. Not hundret million. Not a billion. Not ten billion.

TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX BILLION XP.

Thats 266.000.000.000 xp. On a great hordenight, you might get 100.000... maybe super lategame with 64 bloodmoon zombies 1.000.000 if we are super generous.

That means that you would need 266.000 hordenights to reach that level.

Everything over lvl 80 will take about 10+ hours when playing normally and 120+ is basicially already impossible.

And at 150 you would need 15.000.000 xp for one level.

FUN!!!

The ONLY positive thing I can say about TFPs on this issue is, that they implemented the fergetin elixir, which was already severely lacking before A18. At least I can reskill when I dislike my current build.

that will give you maybe a level before it becomes a crawl again.

The Unfun Pimps (ha! So original) just don't care about players. THEY don't want players to be able to get every skill...

Thats why they set the skillcap at not a million. Not ten million. Not hundret million. Not a billion. Not ten billion.

TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX BILLION XP.

Thats 266.000.000.000 xp. On a great hordenight, you might get 100.000... maybe super lategame with 64 bloodmoon zombies 1.000.000 if we are super generous.

That means that you would need 266.000 hordenights to reach that level.

Everything over lvl 80 will take about 10+ hours when playing normally and 120+ is basicially already impossible.

And at 150 you would need 15.000.000 xp for one level.

FUN!!!

The ONLY positive thing I can say about TFPs on this issue is, that they implemented the fergetin elixir, which was already severely lacking before A18. At least I can reskill when I dislike my current build.

it's 477 billion.... just saying

In progression.xml, there's a comment indicating ~477B at lvl 300 as has been mentioned, but a few lines before that there's this:

<!-- XP to complete the current level will cap out at 2^32/2. (lvl 252 in A18) -->

Not sure which is correct. For reference that comes to 2,147,483,648 though it's probably 1 less than that (google "32-bit signed integer" if you want to understand why).

In progression.xml, there's a comment indicating ~477B at lvl 300 as has been mentioned, but a few lines before that there's this:

Not sure which is correct. For reference that comes to 2,147,483,648 though it's probably 1 less than that (google "32-bit signed integer" if you want to understand why).

Good point.... so if it's 2 billion each level from 252 to 300, that changes the total needed xp to 148 billion at level 300.

Count your max being around 60-70ish if you want to plan. After that make them just extra perks. By 55 I was well perked out with 3 of the attributed at 7 or higher. Also if you want more perks you can edit the .xml file to give more perks per level. you could make it 2 or 3 so you could have more perks to play with

Count your max being around 60-70ish if you want to plan. After that make them just extra perks. By 55 I was well perked out with 3 of the attributed at 7 or higher. Also if you want more perks you can edit the .xml file to give more perks per level. you could make it 2 or 3 so you could have more perks to play with

3 might be a bit high.... I've been using 2 and I like the pace. I was thinking about setting it back to 1 and adding a skill point to T5 trader quests.

3 might be a bit high.... I've been using 2 and I like the pace. I was thinking about setting it back to 1 and adding a skill point to T5 trader quests.

A skill point for T5 Trader Clear/Fetch combo quest to the Shotgun Messiah Plant may actually make it worth doing.

you could also edit the xml file to change the exponent they use to make the xp jump so abrubtly.

In alpha 17, the exponent was 1.0149

In alpha 18, it's 1.05

I changed mine to 1.025. It's slower levelling than A17, but significantly faster than default A18....and your level will actually match your skill points, so your gamestage will make sense.

In layman's terms, changing that exponent (on the very top of the progression.xml) is basically a multiplier on the amount of EXTRA xp you need to get to climb a level MORE than you needed for the last level, and that multiplier keeps increasing by that exponent. If you were to change it to 1.06 instead of it's default 1.05, the "ridiculous" xp needed to hit the next level would kick in even earlier. By lowering it CLOSER to 1.00, you extend the time it takes for the required xp to hit truly ridiculous levels, while still needing more xp to go from level 7 to 8 than you did from 6 to 7.

This might be a solution for those who want a more linear progression without swimming in skillpoints. People who still want to work harder for each new level than they did for the last, but not feel like that level is out of reach.

There is an imaginary soft cap if you decide that there is one and where it is depends on your opinion.

The reason for the A18 progression is that - unlike in A17 - there are no level caps and maxing out even one attribute makes a player incredibly powerful. There is not a lot of growth potential beyond "incredibly powerful". It's only busy work after that.

There is an imaginary soft cap if you decide that there is one and where it is depends on your opinion.

The reason for the A18 progression is that - unlike in A17 - there are no level caps and maxing out even one attribute makes a player incredibly powerful. There is not a lot of growth potential beyond "incredibly powerful". It's only busy work after that.

Was just curious if the required XP gain per lvl jumped up exponentially at some point. Guess will see once the gains become too small per horde night (i.e. 1 lvl per horde night, default difficulty while killing all zeds + learning elixir).

Despite this new crazy xp curve the Pimps still haven't fixed how overpowered you become with higher levels. The game was and still is ridiculous easy after the hard starting phase. I play a sneak build and just switch off all zeds while going through POIs. It's only the green biker who is still a (small) danger.

I wish they would make greens real challenging enemies, but what they did was removing half of the zeds from the POIs. It's like if the Pimps have no idea what 7Days should be in it's final developing stage.

Despite this new crazy xp curve the Pimps still haven't fixed how overpowered you become with higher levels. The game was and still is ridiculous easy after the hard starting phase. I play a sneak build and just switch off all zeds while going through POIs. It's only the green biker who is still a (small) danger.

I wish they would make greens real challenging enemies, but what they did was removing half of the zeds from the POIs. It's like if the Pimps have no idea what 7Days should be in it's final developing stage.

What level of difficulty did you select ?

Which speed for the day/night/feral zombies did you set ?

Without those informations, hard to have a discussion about your issue.

And of course, talking about the final developing stage, you're aware that bandits are coming, right ?

The level cap is at level 300 and it is no planed that anyone reaches it. At about level 100, most players should have all the perks they want.

gamestage.xml says it is 150 and hence also mentions that max gamestage for solo play is 600

(level 150 + days alive capped at 150 by level) x difficulty multiplier for Insane (2) = 600

gamestage.xml says it is 150 and hence also mentions that max gamestage for solo play is 600

(level 150 + days alive capped at 150 by level) x difficulty multiplier for Insane (2) = 600

The max level that a player can reach is defined in the progression.xml:

<level max_level="300" exp_to_level="10000" experience_multiplier="1.05" skill_points_per_level="1">

I just realized I havent tried to do any quest notes yet in a18, do they still give skill points? I am guessing no, for some reason I am thinking you go to the trader and get like a t1 quest reward or dukes or something, but I forget.

They do not award skill points any more

What about Overwhelmingly Powerful, Super Hero Status, and Godlike. I think those are valid.

Archived