SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)

Sirillion

3 hours ago, Strickove said:

Hey, back again with an actual question this time :)

Is there a chance to get a compatibility patch for "Mining Mod With Copper, Zinc & Excavators" by MeanCloud? It touches the forge by adding a 3rd forge slot and also smelted Copper and Zinc storages inside of it.

No, we do not make compatibility patches for other mods anymore. It takes to much time, we have to create it then we have to maintain it which means keeping up with the other mods. Mods that we don’t even use ourselves.

If mod makers want their mod compatible with SMX they can make those patches themselves and we do even assist with that if needed.

It is better that 20 mod makers make one patch each than us having to maintain 20 patches if you understand what I mean.

1 hour ago, Iris Sakura said:

Hi thank you for your reply. As an alternative manner I've tried start the team game using a dedicated server without mods and then join it manually with a mod enabled client, while actually the core UI cannot be loaded. Is it possible that the client may load the mod UI individually, even with an incompleted version is also acceptable (cause some data cannot be loaded without server support)? I love the mod UI and hope it can be always enabled for my client.

You can try using LocalUI, created by Laydor one of the SMX coders. It should allow you to do that.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1863

10 hours ago, Sirillion said:

No, we do not make compatibility patches for other mods anymore. It takes to much time, we have to create it then we have to maintain it which means keeping up with the other mods. Mods that we don’t even use ourselves.

If mod makers want their mod compatible with SMX they can make those patches themselves and we do even assist with that if needed.

It is better that 20 mod makers make one patch each than us having to maintain 20 patches if you understand what I mean.

You can try using LocalUI, created by Laydor one of the SMX coders. It should allow you to do that.

https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1863

Darn, but I understand what you mean. It's a shame because the other mod developer seems to be MIA (last updated mid 2022) but the mod seemed fun. I'll try my luck with hopefully getting in contact with them. Have a nice day.

Hello! I recently returned to 7 Days To Die, and I've been loving all the mods you made! Most of the mods have been working just fine, and I'm especially enjoying the large backpack space mods you've made.

However, I'm having some issues with the Skill UI, since the upgrades for attributes seem to have been shifted down off-screen, to the point where I can't level up my attribute past lvl 7. I noticed you had a changelog for r20.rc8 that said "FIXED: several small bugs with the skills window" on the 7DaysToDieMods website, which is where I downloaded it from. But I'm still encountering this issue, and am not sure if I installed it wrong or something. Most of the mods seem to work fine, and I followed the same installation process for everything. 

Skill UI for upgrading perks: https://pasteboard.co/8XOh7M8AmY3Z.png

Skill UI for upgrading attributes: https://pasteboard.co/4nq5Q4hkXOcJ.png

On 6/6/2023 at 11:13 AM, Flavours said:

Hello! I recently returned to 7 Days To Die, and I've been loving all the mods you made! Most of the mods have been working just fine, and I'm especially enjoying the large backpack space mods you've made.

However, I'm having some issues with the Skill UI, since the upgrades for attributes seem to have been shifted down off-screen, to the point where I can't level up my attribute past lvl 7. I noticed you had a changelog for r20.rc8 that said "FIXED: several small bugs with the skills window" on the 7DaysToDieMods website, which is where I downloaded it from. But I'm still encountering this issue, and am not sure if I installed it wrong or something. Most of the mods seem to work fine, and I followed the same installation process for everything. 

Skill UI for upgrading perks: https://pasteboard.co/8XOh7M8AmY3Z.png

Skill UI for upgrading attributes: https://pasteboard.co/4nq5Q4hkXOcJ.png

Well, it shouldn’t look like that. Are you running any other mods that might interfere?

On 6/8/2023 at 8:44 AM, Flavours said:

The only other mod I was running that wasn't an SMX mod was a 65k stack mod made by Elucidus

I see, well I've not been able to reproduce this and A21 is right around the corner so I'm sorry but I am not going to spend any more time trying to figure out what is going on there as this window is marked for demolition anyways. We are going to remake it into a new design down the line as it didn't quite match up to the quality we wanted. SMXui for A21 won't even contain this window anymore, it will just be the vanilla design.

2 hours ago, caatalyst said:

Is there an A21 experimental version of this mod?

We’ve had access to A21 for about an hour or two so no. I haven’t even downloaded it yet, been busy.

There won’t be an update for some time still, we are talking days, not hours.

12 hours ago, Sirillion said:

We’ve had access to A21 for about an hour or two so no. I haven’t even downloaded it yet, been busy.

There won’t be an update for some time still, we are talking days, not hours.

Thank you for the response. 

It's been a while since I've played with vanilla menus 🤮

2 hours ago, caatalyst said:

Thank you for the response. 

It's been a while since I've played with vanilla menus 🤮

If you want to track the progress of our updates I suggest you join the discord by following the link below and then go to the #sirillion_smx channel located under Hosted Mod Channels. There we will post updates as we progress through the different modlets.

https://discord.gg/6P67kJP

Edited by Sirillion (see edit history)

On 6/12/2023 at 5:12 AM, Sirillion said:

I see, well I've not been able to reproduce this and A21 is right around the corner so I'm sorry but I am not going to spend any more time trying to figure out what is going on there as this window is marked for demolition anyways. We are going to remake it into a new design down the line as it didn't quite match up to the quality we wanted. SMXui for A21 won't even contain this window anymore, it will just be the vanilla design.

That's understandable, thanks for the response! Looking forward to release of A21 mods down the line, and thank you for your work!

• Sirillion changed the title to SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)

I haven't previously used mods but I really like the looks of the SMX stuff.  I run a dedicated on Gportal.  Are the SMX mods client side or server side.  Do I install these on the server, or do players install locally if they want to use the mod?  Thanks!

Hello and good afternoon all. 

I've been using the mod for months now, back to half way through A20.

I just installed the new A21 version and everything seems to appear fine, except for the consolidation button. When I click the backpack down in the bottom right corner, of my inventory, it throws an error.

EXC IndexOutOfRangeExcepetion: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

Any ideas on how to fix this?  Thank you all, very much, for your time.

Mereinid

3 hours ago, Mereinid said:

I just installed the new A21 version and everything seems to appear fine, except for the consolidation button. When I click the backpack down in the bottom right corner, of my inventory, it throws an error.

Mereinid

I cannot seem to reproduce this. Can you give me a little more information?

• What SMX modlets do you have installed?
  • Do you run any other mods that can interfere?

Feel free to share a screenshot of the mod folder.

6 hours ago, Sirillion said:

I cannot seem to reproduce this. Can you give me a little more information?

• What SMX modlets do you have installed?
  • Do you run any other mods that can interfere?

Feel free to share a screenshot of the mod folder.

Hello, I received this same error trying to grab my dead body's loot, which leads me to having to alt+f4 to save myself. The mod folder is 6 folders 
RTX7Bhf.png

3 hours ago, Transcribe said:

Hello, I received this same error trying to grab my dead body's loot, which leads me to having to alt+f4 to save myself. The mod folder is 6 folders 
RTX7Bhf.png

Cannot seem to reproduce this either. I tested by gearing up and filling all slots of both the bag and the toolbelt so that all available slots are filled and the death bag works as expected every time.

Have you been running any kind of BBM or modified any part of the code to increase the size of bags or the toolbelt?

17 hours ago, Mereinid said:

Mereinid

I have now been able to reproduce this error when adding a BBM after a save is created. It's due to some weird thing going on where the game doesn't seem to recognize the BBM at first. To rectify this try and dump the entire bag into a chest and then retrieve it. This seems to "fix" the issue.

7 hours ago, Transcribe said:

RTX7Bhf.png

Pushed a fix for SMXui today which might have fixed that.

12 minutes ago, wolverine576 said:

I am using KhaineGB 3 slot forge, bigger back pack, and 15 slot tool belt. Will the smx packages work together or will i need to tweak one or the other to work together?

None of those will work with SMX.

We do have our own 3 slot forge and big bag modlets though. Nothing for the toolbelt I’m afraid but I think someone made a patch for A20 that might still work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey you :)

i think i need some help. I have overlapping text and images on the bottom

right of the HUD (I assume it's coming from the HUD). Unfortunately I don't

know how to get rid of it. The writing to the left of the icons remain.

It also looks as if the items overlap and stay there on the 2nd picture.

For example, if I want to repair an item and the material is missing, it will be

displayed, but it can no longer be read down there. Unfortunately, I don't

always have in mind what is needed for the repair.

I installed the following mods from you
SMXcore, SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui
ZMXhudCP, ZMXhudCPBH1080, ZMXhudCPTB15
ZMXhudCPTHB, ZMXuiCP, ZMXuiCPBBMxl
ZMXuiCPSCBC, ZMXuiCPTFS

Plus several other mods. But none of those changes
HUD or UI

Do you have any idea what is causing this

thanks
sixx

P.S Best UI/HUD mod ever 🍻

97f961b8ad0ea0202823432016b7d8c8.thumb.png.bcd678093cbcf1c1fff448a46f15fb23.png

Edited by Sixx (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Sixx said:

Hey you :)

i think i need some help. I have overlapping text and images on the bottom

right of the HUD (I assume it's coming from the HUD). Unfortunately I don't

know how to get rid of it. The writing to the left of the icons remain.

It also looks as if the items overlap and stay there on the 2nd picture.

For example, if I want to repair an item and the material is missing, it will be

displayed, but it can no longer be read down there. Unfortunately, I don't

always have in mind what is needed for the repair.

I installed the following mods from you
SMXcore, SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui
ZMXhudCP, ZMXhudCPBH1080, ZMXhudCPTB15
ZMXhudCPTHB, ZMXuiCP, ZMXuiCPBBMxl
ZMXuiCPSCBC, ZMXuiCPTFS

Plus several other mods. But none of those changes
HUD or UI

Do you have any idea what is causing this

thanks
sixx

P.S Best UI/HUD mod ever 🍻

97f961b8ad0ea0202823432016b7d8c8.thumb.png.bcd678093cbcf1c1fff448a46f15fb23.png

Not sure tbh as I am still in my work rotation and won’t be able to take a look at anything 7D related until next week at the earliest. I do think I read somewhere that something similar was a bug with the stable release but I can’t say for sure. You can try to run the console command xui reload to try and reload the UI and see if that rectify things for the time being.

14 hours ago, Sirillion said:

Not sure tbh as I am still in my work rotation and won’t be able to take a look at anything 7D related until next week at the earliest. I do think I read somewhere that something similar was a bug with the stable release but I can’t say for sure. You can try to run the console command xui reload to try and reload the UI and see if that rectify things for the time being.

Hello and thanks for the answer. I restarted 7D2D and for now the problem seems to be fixed. I don't even know exactly when that happened. At some point I noticed that. The only funny thing is that I left the game and reloaded it during the problem, but the problem didn't go away. Now I had closed 7Ds completely. watch.

Apart from that, I don't know how to reset the UI

Regards, Sixx

Hi, hopefully a quick question. I installed the suite of tools - core, hud, menu, ui and the component to show enemy health.  Should savepoints that I establish on the map be viewable from within the UI ?  I would have thought that as I walk the savepoint icons would appear below the compass points (e.g. S, SW etc.) based on where I physically am, in relation to the icon's location, but they do not. Is it not possible or is there a config setting that I have missed.

Thanks in advance and the UI(etc) is amazing.

On 7/5/2023 at 2:59 AM, newbie said:

Hi, hopefully a quick question. I installed the suite of tools - core, hud, menu, ui and the component to show enemy health.  Should savepoints that I establish on the map be viewable from within the UI ?  I would have thought that as I walk the savepoint icons would appear below the compass points (e.g. S, SW etc.) based on where I physically am, in relation to the icon's location, but they do not. Is it not possible or is there a config setting that I have missed.

Thanks in advance and the UI(etc) is amazing.

We don’t change any kind of function in regards to that, so if it doesn’t happen in vanilla it won’t happen in SMX and vice versa.