SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)

Sirillion

9 hours ago, Sirillion said:

Thank you for the screenshot, I notice you have SMXlib, that’s likely the conflict. SMXlib was turned into SMXcore a good while ago.

thank you so much for your help, that solved the problem, also the issue I was having after removing SMXlib was solved by doing a full fresh download/reinstall of the SMX mods at the suggestion of the wonderful DIscord server.

Edited by kinsem
issue was resolved thanks to help from the DIscord server (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi! I installed SMXcore, SMXhud and SMXui to A20.6b9, but I cannot see the HUD itself. I can see some changes in textures, e.g. hunger icon or party member display is different, however the big hud change is not visible.

Other than these I only have FarmLife installed in the instance so I don't think it interferes with other mods.

I also disabled EAC both on Server and client, but I don't see the main menu changes either.

12 hours ago, hron84 said:

Hi! I installed SMXcore, SMXhud and SMXui to A20.6b9, but I cannot see the HUD itself. I can see some changes in textures, e.g. hunger icon or party member display is different, however the big hud change is not visible.

Other than these I only have FarmLife installed in the instance so I don't think it interferes with other mods.

I also disabled EAC both on Server and client, but I don't see the main menu changes either.

Did you install it on both the server and the client?

8 hours ago, Sirillion said:

Did you install it on both the server and the client?

No, I only installed it on the client, but I expected to see the main menu changes regardless of the server, since the main menu - in therory - should be independent for what is installed on the server. This is why I mentioned this specifically.

4 hours ago, hron84 said:

No, I only installed it on the client, but I expected to see the main menu changes regardless of the server, since the main menu - in therory - should be independent for what is installed on the server. This is why I mentioned this specifically.

Well it needs to be on both client and server and yes, it should show the menu regardless and if it doesn’t show for you then you’ve likely installed it wrong. Take a look at the installation instructions and check if it is located in the correct location.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 10:27 PM, Sirillion said:

Well it needs to be on both client and server and yes, it should show the menu regardless and if it doesn’t show for you then you’ve likely installed it wrong. Take a look at the installation instructions and check if it is located in the correct location.

Sorry for the late response, I was able to check it right now. I am pretty sure I am installed correctly, since, as I mentioned it, some of the modifications of the mod DOES work, but basically I copied to the Mods folder next to the 7DaysToDie.exe the following folders:

Quartz

SMXcore

SMXhud

SMXui

ZMXhudCP

ZMXuiCP

See the screenshot. The 7days installation folder is one folder up.

On 4/10/2023 at 8:49 PM, hron84 said:

Sorry for the late response, I was able to check it right now. I am pretty sure I am installed correctly, since, as I mentioned it, some of the modifications of the mod DOES work, but basically I copied to the Mods folder next to the 7DaysToDie.exe the following folders:

Quartz

SMXcore

SMXhud

SMXui

ZMXhudCP

ZMXuiCP

See the screenshot. The 7days installation folder is one folder up.

But what is inside of those folders? If you do not see a ModInfo.xml file when entering the different folders then it is installed incorrectly. Please check that and then get back to me.

6 hours ago, brew said:

Any planes on updating this mod that makes the meancloud mining mod compatible with your UI mod? 

ZMX UI MeanCloud CP for A18 – 7 Days to Die Mods

No plans for that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 12:23 PM, Sirillion said:

But what is inside of those folders? If you do not see a ModInfo.xml file when entering the different folders then it is installed incorrectly. Please check that and then get back to me.

Exactly what was in the archive I downloaded and extracted to them. All folders has ModInfo.xml and some dll files like SMXcore.dll, GearsAPI.dll in SMX core, a lot of them contains a Config folder, SMXcore has a lot of textures and stuffs. Basically what I see, everything seems correct, but I can't provide you a complete filelist, because it is too long. I re-extracted the archives, it asked me a lot of files to overwrite, I let it do, still no change.

I do not know how to prove you I just followed the instructions for the mods... I downloaded the corresponding archives and extracted them with Total Commander to my Mods folder next to the 7daystodie.exe. If we assume the files are correct, what else could be wrong?

Edited by hron84
misclicked submit (see edit history)

12 hours ago, hron84 said:

Exactly what was in the archive I downloaded and extracted to them. All folders has ModInfo.xml and some dll files like SMXcore.dll, GearsAPI.dll in SMX core, a lot of them contains a Config folder, SMXcore has a lot of textures and stuffs. Basically what I see, everything seems correct, but I can't provide you a complete filelist, because it is too long. I re-extracted the archives, it asked me a lot of files to overwrite, I let it do, still no change.

I do not know how to prove you I just followed the instructions for the mods... I downloaded the corresponding archives and extracted them with Total Commander to my Mods folder next to the 7daystodie.exe. If we assume the files are correct, what else could be wrong?

Nothing else can be wrong actually. 

If you’ve installed the mods correctly then it would’ve shown up on your client.

The only other explanation I can think of is that you could have multiple instances of the game and then install the mods on another instance than the one you launch. But then again that won’t explain the change of certain elements.

But to recap. The mods must be on both the server and the client. On both places it needs to be installed in a Mods folder directly in the game folder.

The hierarchy must be …\7 Days to Die\Mods\SMX(modletname)\ModInfo.xml

Any other hierarchy, for instance …\7 Days to Die\Mods\Mods\SMX(modletname)\ModInfo.xml, will be wrong.

Also, the folder names and load order should not be changed. Like using Vortex for instance does change the names and can mess with the load order.

6 hours ago, Sirillion said:

The hierarchy must be …\7 Days to Die\Mods\SMX(modletname)\ModInfo.xml

Any other hierarchy, for instance …\7 Days to Die\Mods\Mods\SMX(modletname)\ModInfo.xml, will be wrong.

@hron84

We have seen instances where mods were installed  that actually looked like this:

.....\7 Days to Die\Mods\SMX(modletname)\SMX(modletname)\ModInfo.xml

This might be the issue since you said you extracted the files which has a tendency to create another layer of file structure when installing the mods.

As Sirillion noted above, the game will be looking in Mods\ModName\ModInfo.xml for loading purposes.

Of course, posting the log files would also help in troubleshooting the issue as Siriliion would be able to confirm that the mods are loading in fine.  If not, that would show up quickly in the log files.

On 4/24/2023 at 5:39 PM, BFT2020 said:

@hron84

We have seen instances where mods were installed  that actually looked like this:

.....\7 Days to Die\Mods\SMX(modletname)\SMX(modletname)\ModInfo.xml

This might be the issue since you said you extracted the files which has a tendency to create another layer of file structure when installing the mods.

As Sirillion noted above, the game will be looking in Mods\ModName\ModInfo.xml for loading purposes.

Of course, posting the log files would also help in troubleshooting the issue as Siriliion would be able to confirm that the mods are loading in fine.  If not, that would show up quickly in the log files.

As you can see, the structure is fine, all mods are in the required structure: https://pasteboard.co/v8XZNburaOIR.png

I just posted the SMXcore here on picture, but all the rest of the mods are extracted in exactly same way into same structure. On the top of the file panel on the left side, you can validate the path of the displayed folder, and it is S:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SMXui\ (I did not installed Steam games to the C drive, because I do not have enough space for them, I rather installed them onto a separate drive where they have their own dedicates space. Could it cause this issue?)

I am not able to upload the log here since the forum does not allow it to me - it says it is a spam. Is there any proper support platform for this mod?

22 minutes ago, hron84 said:

I am not able to upload the log here since the forum does not allow it to me - it says it is a spam. Is there any proper support platform for this mod?

You can post it via pastebin.com.  We try to get people to do it that way in the General Support area.

• 4 weeks later...

hey so I have been struggling with this mod a very long time, installing using Vortex mod manager simply doesn't work, when I manually downloaded and installed and individually tested which mods worked and which didn't, I got the mod to mainly work, however in the main menu the mod claims that SMXUi, SMXHud and SMXMenu isn't installed, not only that but when I go in-game it mainly works, however when I click on the skills tab in my inventory it takes me to the console and writes "InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid" 

On 5/24/2023 at 8:21 PM, Dumb@%$#OrSomething said:

hey so I have been struggling with this mod a very long time, installing using Vortex mod manager simply doesn't work, when I manually downloaded and installed and individually tested which mods worked and which didn't, I got the mod to mainly work, however in the main menu the mod claims that SMXUi, SMXHud and SMXMenu isn't installed, not only that but when I go in-game it mainly works, however when I click on the skills tab in my inventory it takes me to the console and writes "InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid" 

Well, the mod does work.

We've always stated that using Vortex does not work, so we advise against it.

You have followed the installation instructions to a T?

You should join the discord and talk to us there, it is a lot easier.

I don't usually ask for stuff but if you ever redesign the skill window could you please prioritize the bottom panel and the info in the right side? It's the only info that matter to me so I think it should be slightly bigger. As it is I can barely read it in my laptop unless i'm using 1080 resolution. Sorry for any error, my native language is not english, it's spanish.

Hello, I really like the aesthetic of your UI, but there is no button to edit mods on armor that is unequipped. Please add this so I do not have to equip each piece of armor to remove/prep their mod slots. I have a mod that adds more armor mods but some of them grant buffs, which to work correctly equipping multiple must be equipped to the item while itself is unequipped from the player. Thank you for your time reading this.

Edited by Strickove
specification. (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Strickove said:

Hello, I really like the aesthetic of your UI, but there is no button to edit mods on armor that is unequipped. Please add this so I do not have to equip each piece of armor to remove/prep their mod slots. I have a mod that adds more armor mods but some of them grant buffs, which to work correctly equipping multiple must be equipped to the item while itself is unequipped from the player. Thank you for your time reading this.

We do not change the action menus. If the button is not there in SMX it shouldn't be there in vanilla either. We only change the looks, not the function.

That said, we are only human and can make mistakes so please share a comparing screenshot if it exists in vanilla I will look at it again.

2 hours ago, Sirillion said:

We do not change the action menus. If the button is not there in SMX it shouldn't be there in vanilla either. We only change the looks, not the function.

That said, we are only human and can make mistakes so please share a comparing screenshot if it exists in vanilla I will look at it again.

No, you are correct. I apologize, the modify mods button only appears on unequipped items that are fully repaired even in vanilla. I hadn't noticed that my armor was damaged (was 99% durability) and mistook it as a missing button.

HI, I love this mod much, however when I played a team game with friends, some of them perfer the original game UI. Currently the mod should be installed on every client and it is force enabled, and you will get massive error messages if you do not install it when the host uses it. Is it possible that the mod can be enabled client-only, or at least clients can disable the new UI manually?

14 hours ago, Iris Sakura said:

HI, I love this mod much, however when I played a team game with friends, some of them perfer the original game UI. Currently the mod should be installed on every client and it is force enabled, and you will get massive error messages if you do not install it when the host uses it. Is it possible that the mod can be enabled client-only, or at least clients can disable the new UI manually?

No, mod configuration is governed by the host so what the host has all the clients also might need if the mods contain more than just xml changes.

Hey, back again with an actual question this time :)

Is there a chance to get a compatibility patch for "Mining Mod With Copper, Zinc & Excavators" by MeanCloud? It touches the forge by adding a 3rd forge slot and also smelted Copper and Zinc storages inside of it.

6 hours ago, Sirillion said:

No, mod configuration is governed by the host so what the host has all the clients also might need if the mods contain more than just xml changes.

Hi thank you for your reply. As an alternative manner I've tried start the team game using a dedicated server without mods and then join it manually with a mod enabled client, while actually the core UI cannot be loaded. Is it possible that the client may load the mod UI individually, even with an incompleted version is also acceptable (cause some data cannot be loaded without server support)? I love the mod UI and hope it can be always enabled for my client.

Edited by Iris Sakura (see edit history)