SMX - SMXhud, SMXmenu, SMXui (Alpha21)

Sirillion

3 hours ago, Sirillion said:

There is an issue with Linux currently, Laydor will try and track it down but as per now it is simply not working.

Ah I see. For now I can just skip Xui as most important for me is the hud. So as long as at least that is working it wont be so bad waiting for the full experience.
Thanks for looking into it and especially thanks for making this amazing mod 😃

i have a problem with the SMXui mod i installed all of the smx ui stuff and for some reason the players tab stays on my screen and when i try to press tab then go to the players tab the ui just closes and the player tab stays on my screen if i press m the players tab moves to the center of my screen and i can't see anything and i get these 2 errors
ERR [XUi] failed initializing window group players
EXC Specified Cast is not valid

spacer.pngspacer.png

8 minutes ago, Aphyxion said:

i have a problem with the SMXui mod i installed all of the smx ui stuff and for some reason the players tab stays on my screen and when i try to press tab then go to the players tab the ui just closes and the player tab stays on my screen if i press m the players tab moves to the center of my screen and i can't see anything and i get these 2 errors
ERR [XUi] failed initializing window group players
EXC Specified Cast is not valid

spacer.pngspacer.png

Wrong version installed. The NexusMods version is the only one updated.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having an issue with the mod.  When ever I queue something to craft, it queues the item twice.  If I change the number of items I want to craft, it queues up two sets of that many items. Example: If I craft 5 Bed rolls, it will Queue up crafting 5 bed rolls and also crafting 5 bed rolls after the first thus creating 10.

The only mods I have installed are SMX Mods:
SMX Core
SMX Hud
SMX Menu
SMX UI

Any idea why this is happening?

4 hours ago, CapnObvious said:

I am having an issue with the mod.  When ever I queue something to craft, it queues the item twice.  If I change the number of items I want to craft, it queues up two sets of that many items. Example: If I craft 5 Bed rolls, it will Queue up crafting 5 bed rolls and also crafting 5 bed rolls after the first thus creating 10.

The only mods I have installed are SMX Mods:
SMX Core
SMX Hud
SMX Menu
SMX UI

Any idea why this is happening?

No idea. First I’ve ever heard of something like that. Does it happen when you remove the mod too?

1 hour ago, Sirillion said:

No idea. First I’ve ever heard of something like that. Does it happen when you remove the mod too?

It does not happen when I remove the mod.  I did some testing and added each piece of your mod in one by one and it did not occur till I added the UI portion of the mod.  I have sense tried removing all other pieces of SMX other then the UI and Core portions of the mod and the problem seems to happen then too.  Any time the UI is altered by SMX it seems to create this behavior.  I tried both just pressing "w" to start the crafting and clicking the interface option to start crafting and both exhibit the same problem. 

Here is a quick video of the issue:

In case any of this helps:
I am not using the mod loader or even the nexus download tools.  I just extracted the rars into the %Appdata%/7DaysToDie/ folder which created the "Mods" folder and the sub folders for the SMX Mod.

41 minutes ago, CapnObvious said:

It does not happen when I remove the mod.  I did some testing and added each piece of your mod in one by one and it did not occur till I added the UI portion of the mod.  I have sense tried removing all other pieces of SMX other then the UI and Core portions of the mod and the problem seems to happen then too.  Any time the UI is altered by SMX it seems to create this behavior.  I tried both just pressing "w" to start the crafting and clicking the interface option to start crafting and both exhibit the same problem. 

Here is a quick video of the issue:

In case any of this helps:
I am not using the mod loader or even the nexus download tools.  I just extracted the rars into the %Appdata%/7DaysToDie/ folder which created the "Mods" folder and the sub folders for the SMX Mod.

This is the first I’ve heard of such an issue and I don’t have time to try and reproduce the issue until later tomorrow at the earliest.

But to be honest I am not confident that I will be successful in reproducing it as I’ve never noticed this happening.

5 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Is it possible it's something not reading from the new mods install folder?

Wow, you are 100% correct.

Sirillion, apparently this is a bug with the new mods folder in %appdata%.  The moment I moved the mods to the original main game 7 days to die mod folder instead, this problem no longer occurs.  So the question now becomes, is this a bug of the game engine it self and the new %appdata% mod folder?

Hopefully this helps anyone else who might be using the new mod folder instead of the old one.  Thank you both for the help!

Edited by CapnObvious (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this error when interacting with a forge. Anyone know what this is?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at XUi_FallThrough.Update () [0x00031] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 

I couldn't select anything for crafting, was trying to select bullet casing, it just wouldn't select then this came up.

I'm on day 16 wit the same modlets installed, I've used forges before. Just wondering is this an isolated thing.

Edited by Dark_Shadow_231 (see edit history)

On 7/2/2022 at 5:34 PM, Dark_Shadow_231 said:

I just got this error when interacting with a forge. Anyone know what this is?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at XUi_FallThrough.Update () [0x00031] in <6a01347f98174dbdb41cb4a4eedf5af7>:0 

I couldn't select anything for crafting, was trying to select bullet casing, it just wouldn't select then this came up.

I'm on day 16 wit the same modlets installed, I've used forges before. Just wondering is this an isolated thing.

Are you running any other mod that adds to the forge somehow?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 5:53 AM, Sirillion said:

It is and we had but it wasn't working "properly" so we disabled it for now. We plan to revisit it once we find time to prioritize it.

What are the risks of enabling it on a single player world?

I was looking for a mod that would do that and noticed I could enable the feature on SMXui. Anything gamebreaking or causing crashes? Mainly to see if I could live with the issues until the optimized version. It would be nice to sort/loot my truck while leaving my extra clothing/ammo alone.

1 hour ago, Ivangrasp said:

What are the risks of enabling it on a single player world?

I was looking for a mod that would do that and noticed I could enable the feature on SMXui. Anything gamebreaking or causing crashes? Mainly to see if I could live with the issues until the optimized version. It would be nice to sort/loot my truck while leaving my extra clothing/ammo alone.

It isn’t unique, so setting a lock for one will mean it is the same lock for all. It was very annoying. 

19 hours ago, Sirillion said:

It isn’t unique, so setting a lock for one will mean it is the same lock for all. It was very annoying. 

I'll try it to see if I can live with that.

Makes sense why it's disabled on the chests/boxes too.

Thanks for replying!

• 1 month later...

Soo uh i have a massive issue for me that is a game breaking onee soo. the thing is when i launch the game with the HUD it launches a @%$# ton of errors saying "Could not load texture" and other @%$# i have it downloaded in /Steam/steamapps/common/7daystodie/mods/(Another)mods/(And all the smx stuff, core,hud,menu,xui,hudCP,huiCP,xuiCPBBMxxl and xuiCPTFS. maybei downloaded it wrong i spent alot of time reading and installing maybe im just THAT @%$#ed to download it but idk whats the reason, help me please with this issue.

On 5/2/2022 at 3:45 PM, Sirillion said:

SMX has been updated to support A20.4B42. Currently only available on our Nexusmods download site. Github and with that Mod Launcher updates will follow when I get around to it.

man this is sad that its aint 20.6 still i thought i @%$#d stuff up with it :(

Edited by CocaineMan (see edit history)