Posting too much on this forum

bobrpggamer

I was playing Mount and Blade Warband a couple of years back and I was posting on their forum a few posts here and there and helping out with some reference cards I made that I uploaded for other people to use (yeah being helpful is trolling I guess to them) and all of a sudden I was considered a troll. I never said one bad thing and they called me troll just for a couple of posts.

so I would like to know if there is a limit to the amount of posts you can make on this forum. I do not want to be a pest or anything and I would like to keep my good standing and I never add whining or complaining posts either.

Also most of the time I have a question I search google for an answer and I usually find the answer to it on the wiki page.

Post counts don't mean anything. Your opinion is valid regardless of post count and as long as you aren't posting the same thing in multiple subforums or over and over again annoyingly you shouldn't worry about it here.

Helping with reference cards would be a wonderfully accepted type of post I would think and way better than some posts I've seen by a very small group of individuals with more than 20k posts. ;)

I still remember back in the day when I had the highest post count... then stuff happened and lost motivation / got lazy.

RE-EDIT: And I just noticed the new rules page... nicely done. Makes far more sense now.

I was playing Mount and Blade Warband a couple of years back and I was posting on their forum a few posts here and there and helping out with some reference cards I made that I uploaded for other people to use (yeah being helpful is trolling I guess to them) and all of a sudden I was considered a troll. I never said one bad thing and they called me troll just for a couple of posts.

so I would like to know if there is a limit to the amount of posts you can make on this forum. I do not want to be a pest or anything and I would like to keep my good standing and I never add whining or complaining posts either.

Also most of the time I have a question I search google for an answer and I usually find the answer to it on the wiki page.

Here some advice my friend for what its worth. When voicing your opinions (in a respectful manner) here not everyone will agree and some are just flat out rude about it just ignore those types of people. I hope to see you participating in the discussions :)

I still remember back in the day when I had the highest post count... then stuff happened and lost motivation / got lazy.

RE-EDIT: And I just noticed the new rules page... nicely done. Makes far more sense now.

New rules page? Where?

Ah, found it... naming and shaming, but that's my favorite! =)

I just read the rules this morning... I must say there is a lot to remember thats for sure. I even made a little cheat sheet on my desktop of the rules i think I need to remind myself of daily until I memorize them all. Well the ones I think I might break on accident that is.

I just read the rules this morning... I must say there is a lot to remember thats for sure. I even made a little cheat sheet on my desktop of the rules i think I need to remind myself of daily until I memorize them all. Well the ones I think I might break on accident that is.

Comes down to use common sense and don't be an asshat.

Post counts don't mean anything. Your opinion is valid regardless of post count and as long as you aren't posting the same thing in multiple subforums or over and over again annoyingly you shouldn't worry about it here.

Helping with reference cards would be a wonderfully accepted type of post I would think and way better than some posts I've seen by a very small group of individuals with more than 20k posts. ;)

Well they were simple but they were helpful to me anyway:

https://i.imgur.com/QBPqJK7.png

https://i.imgur.com/0tVVliA.jpg

This was just one of many. 7 Days to Die has so much content the idea of breaking them down into reference cards like creating all the block shapes of different wood and iron and concrete for example would be a long process and almost unnecessary because of the in game tool tips and the wiki page.

I did do some work on a new base Idea out of game to make sure I do not make any mistakes when building but It took a very long time to do as well:

https://i.imgur.com/KqpPnfq.png

I really miss Log Spikes, the new iron spike are a pain to repair because you have to be at a perfect angle and I have accidentally upgraded some concrete with Forged Steel trying to find an angle to repair a Iron Spike Trap and even take damage from the spike all the time trying to find that perfect angle.

I do thank you for your replies, I think Taleworlds is based in Croatia or something so maybe Croatians do not like me.

Trolls are measured by the utility of their content.

I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as M&B goes, I have probably posted 1000 times over 5 years and no one every made me feel like I should stop. Not sure why your experience was negative. Mine was positive.

Trolls are measured by the utility of their content.

I wouldn't worry about it.

As far as M&B goes, I have probably posted 1000 times over 5 years and no one every made me feel like I should stop. Not sure why your experience was negative. Mine was positive.

Well I was offering these reference card and some nutjob said "Hacker Alert" or some crap and then had a picture of batman sodomizing a pig and said "This is me hacking your hack" so I had some words with him as I found this to be pretty F***ed up because I am an animal lover and I like pigs, they are sweet animals. Also I hate killing the boars in game because they just stand there with a smile on their face and don't attack you unless you attack them, so I just walk by them most of the time unless they are literally in the doorway which has happened a couple of times. I also throw the dog and wolf meat away because I love dogs.

Well this thread just got weird. :)

...also, I wouldn't do cards for it until gold because too much changes.

Yeah that guys post was flip-pen weird and I could not understand what he was talking about. I am not exaggerating at all with the image he posted either so sorry for adding some weirdness but that was what I experienced on the Taleworld forums and I got banned for getting angry at this nutjob. I tried to reason with the admin in that this guy was the troll and of the image he put up and the "this is me hacking you hack" nonsense but I guess I was the bad guy for getting angry.

Yeah I would not bother with any reference cards and I spend too much time in game anyway. That image was before A17 and I was waiting for it and making my plans early.

The image I made was by making a 12X12X12 block and adding 90% transparency to it and then adding the actual shapes inside the transparent boxes so each odd shaped block was treated as a 12X12x12 block so you could stack them without worrying about the odd shapes being off center with the other blocks. This could be done and have a 3D representation of all 6 sides of a block to help with trying to find a block that will fit in an odd shape like an Inside Corner Block and others which are not really represented in the in game image very well. Still a project like that may be obsolete within the next alpha or so. I still have problems with finding the right odd shaped block to fill in somewhere and make a lot of mistakes because the block was not the right shape i was looking for so I have to break it down and try another.

Yeah that guys post was flip-pen weird and I could not understand what he was talking about. I am not exaggerating at all with the image he posted either so sorry for adding some weirdness but that was what I experienced on the Taleworld forums and I got banned for getting angry at this nutjob. I tried to reason with the admin in that this guy was the troll and of the image he put up and the "this is me hacking you hack" nonsense but I guess I was the bad guy for getting angry.

Yeah I would not bother with any reference cards and I spend too much time in game anyway. That image was before A17 and I was waiting for it and making my plans early.

The image I made was by making a 12X12X12 block and adding 90% transparency to it and then adding the actual shapes inside the transparent boxes so each odd shaped block was treated as a 12X12x12 block so you could stack them without worrying about the odd shapes being off center with the other blocks. This could be done and have a 3D representation of all 6 sides of a block to help with trying to find a block that will fit in an odd shape like an Inside Corner Block and others which are not really represented in the in game image very well. Still a project like that may be obsolete within the next alpha or so. I still have problems with finding the right odd shaped block to fill in somewhere and make a lot of mistakes because the block was not the right shape i was looking for so I have to break it down and try another.

Ima shoot you a PM of some youtube clips since, I think its against the rules for me to post links here. Anyways give these clips a watch and it'll help you deal with trolls and all around sharpen your debating/arguement skills.:)

Ima shoot you a PM of some youtube clips since, I think its against the rules for me to post links here. Anyways give these clips a watch and it'll help you deal with trolls and all around sharpen your debating/arguement skills. These vids really helped me a lot when it comes to dealing with trolls and argumentative people. :)

For the most part it's not against the rules. We even have a forum section dedicated to sharing, and one for streamers as well.

For the most part it's not against the rules. We even have a forum section dedicated to sharing, and one for streamers as well.

Thank you for the clarification. :)

@bobrpggamer here is another video, I meant to provide this link along with those other 3 I did in PM.This video is really good with helping with how to deal with trolls and haters.

Stand Up For Yourself Without Being A Jerk

How To Avoid Embarrassing Yourself In An Argument - Jordan Peterson

<-- very good. I use these tactics on a daily basis when I'm chatting online with people. I do not run in to trolls or bullies in person but for some weird reason, people get bigger balls when they hide behind a computer lol.

If you want to see some examples check out how I respond to the trolls in the A18 dev diary. I get atleast 2 a day that tries trolling me or tries to provoke a reaction out of me, using simple psychological tools described in this video I shut them down. Works every time so long as you remain calm, cool and collective. ;)

Your'll find that most trolls are passive agressive and they just want to get you pissed so that you look like the bad guy.

I've done years of research in to psychology and I can say with confidence those vids speak truth.

Hope this helps you!

Thank you for the clarification. :)

@bobrpggamer here is another video, I meant to provide this link along with those other 3 I did in PM.This video is really good with helping with how to deal with trolls and haters.

Stand Up For Yourself Without Being A Jerk

How To Avoid Embarrassing Yourself In An Argument - Jordan Peterson

<-- very good. I use these tactics on a daily basis when I'm chatting online with people. I do not run in to trolls or bullies in person but for some weird reason, people get bigger balls when they hide behind a computer lol.

If you want to see some examples check out how I respond to the trolls in the A18 dev diary. I get atleast 2 a day that tries trolling me or tries to provoke a reaction out of me, using simple psychological tools described in this video I shut them down. Works every time so long as you remain calm, cool and collective. ;)

Your'll find that most trolls are passive agressive and they just want to get you pissed so that you look like the bad guy.

I've done years of research in to psychology and I can say with confidence those vids speak truth.

Hope this helps you!

These guys are far over my IQ. My problem is ignoring things which can be hard but it would take something pretty personal and f'ed up to make me really angry enough to make an ass out of myself, I do thank you though. Ben Shapiro has a very sharp mind but he still has strong opinions that others do not like very much and I watched him get a transsexual so pissed off he or she threatened to fight him in the parking lot at the set they were having the debate or whatever it was.

This guy in the forum I spoke about was a rare occasion and the thing was it reminded me of something I will not say so I took it personal in a bad way.

I find that on a lot of forums there may be people, possibly kids that get bullied in school and then start screwing with people on forums or in online games, that's why I do not play online games, I played online to play and win on the team I was on and not to act out and clown around just for kicks like killing your own teammates or that kind of thing. I remember playing a game of half Life 2 deathmatch and everyone ignored me on the server and I have had guys on my own team kill me just for fun on on other games so online games are not my cup of tea, there were some exceptions when I played Day of Defeat Source I had some good teammates a couple of times and it was fun but 70-80% of the time it was just clowning around and I just wanted to play the game and win the match or whatever.

Honestly I was called a troll once on that forum and it stuck with me, I never said one bad thing, I just posted a few questions, offered some things I made for the game and then this guy show up and starts screwing with me and then someone said I was trolling the forums and I could not understand what I could have posted to have that said about me. So that one forum has always had me wondering what trolling really is and does it mean asking too many questions, offering too much advice or just offering too many things I made to help play the game.

Anyway this has been informative and I thank you for your advice, I will keep these things in mind.

This reminds me of the days I would actually keep tabs on my forum's posts rank. I would slowly watch it progress from Scavenger to Nomad, to Zombie Hunter, all the way to Colony Founder. Ever since then, I lost all interest and forgot about it till this thread.

[...]

[...]

I think that's the ultimate advice right here:

Comes down to use common sense and don't be an asshat.

All the youtube-level wisdom in the world can't trump that imo. Moreover those are easy to learn but very tricky to apply in the right situations, and if interpreted incorrectly they can end up making you view most human interactions as conflict, making you worry more about the impression you try to give to an irrelevant/invisible audience rather than your own well-being or real relationships.

@bobrpggamer even if that person offended you, instead of letting out, you could have received that pig-sodomizing batman picture with a healthy dose of humor, ignored it, or even silently reporting their post. Gist is do not let such petty things get to you to the point that you start regarding them as "conflict". Life is too short for that.

S*** on the internet is not real folks. I role play every persona I have on forums.

...but I'm old and didn't grow up on the damn thing; it came to me in my super early 20's so I only see it as the tool it was meant to be.

"Social media" is a foreign concept to me. Hell, my wife says this forum is a form of "social media" and I'd agree by definition, but not in practice.

Real talk here from Uncle Guppy:

I don't know any of you and have no real emotional attachments to y'all. Some of you seem nice and cool and all, but probably have a crawlspace full of half eaten sorority sisters, and because I don't know if that's true, I refuse to form real bonds over a keyboard.

Just doesn't make sense in my world, and that practice allows me to shed your comments off like the death if a pedophile... I just don't care.

Bottom line is, if you read something online and it bothers you, but doesn't actually affect your real life? Then it shouldn't affect your real life.

Some of you seem nice and cool and all, but probably have a crawlspace full of half eaten sorority sisters, and because I don't know if that's true, I refuse to form real bonds over a keyboard.

Same could apply to your real life friends and acquaintanceships. You can never be sure. I bet some people here are more sincere when it comes to showing their true face than they are in real life. Moreover I am surprised that you have complete control over your emotional attachment to others and also disappointed that charming Pille means nothing to you. ;) However, I agree that keeping a certain emotional distance is a good idea. Perhaps we are alike in this regard, but you're a little more extreme. Depends on the term 'real emotional attachment'.

Bottom line is, if you read something online and it bothers you, but doesn't actually affect your real life? Then it shouldn't affect your real life.

Wow that sounds awful if you think about the implications for a while.^^ Imo the sharp dividing line between online and real life that you proclaim doesn't exist. The internet is just another transmission medium.

Btw. I find the title of this thread hilarious. 'Posting too much on this forum' That's an idea some of the guys here would never have. Not in a thousand years. :D You can't post too much if some of the Mods are boss spammers.^^

I don't know any of you and have no real emotional attachments to y'all. Some of you seem nice and cool and all, but probably have a crawlspace full of half eaten sorority sisters, and because I don't know if that's true, I refuse to form real bonds over a keyboard.

Wow. Fine. I'll just return the underwear that I spent all day shopping to find the perfect fit and style for you, if that's how you feel.

Archived