Motorbike Woes.

asmosnuts

Level 104 going along smoothly. Bike disappeared 3 days ago, icon still shows but no bike.

Found a bank whilst exploring, parked up outside and my motorbike is now a statue. E wont access it, dug all around it and replaced with frames,no joy. Cant destroy it. Verified steam files, nothing. Most of my best gear is on there, but i suppose it might teach me to back up lol.

If the bike is still showing on the compass but you can't find it look up. I was watching Spiked Coffe's stream the other day and one of their 4x4's was way up in the sky, something like 250 blocks up. They had to nerd pole up to get it back.

If the bike is still showing on the compass but you can't find it look up. I was watching Spiked Coffe's stream the other day and one of their 4x4's was way up in the sky, something like 250 blocks up. They had to nerd pole up to get it back.

This x2. Happened to me as well with my 4x4. 162 blocks in the sky.

Must have gotten some air on one heckuva jump...

Worst thing to happen to me was on the motorcycle. I exited the game while riding and restarted it only to be stuck on it without being able to move or hit Esc. Had to kill the process a few times before it fixed the problem.

Motorbike is physically there E does nothing tools wont destroy it i can climb on/ move around and under it. Rmoved road surface and replaced with frames, no joy. Thought it might be a repair problem like one of the other builds but no access to repair. solo game btw

Had one of those bike in the sky events a while ago, nerdpoled up and was able to drive it away.

Oh, from your posts wording I thought that you had two separate issues with your bike. A bike that disappeared yet still showed on the compass and then a different bike becoming inaccessible. Can't help with an inaccessible bike as when I had that happen after rebooting a few times to try and get it to work the bike just disappeared.

Oh, from your posts wording I thought that you had two separate issues with your bike. A bike that disappeared yet still showed on the compass and then a different bike becoming inaccessible. Can't help with an inaccessible bike as when I had that happen after rebooting a few times to try and get it to work the bike just disappeared.

I had an inaccessible bike too. Nothing helped, but occasionally I tried to access it and eventually I got access. Could remove the stuff inside and pick it up into my inventory. But I think it had a strange name/id and after setting it down again in the next session it failed to work again.

Also we had bikes vanish up into the clouds (sort of at the same time and combined with other issues). Use "listent" command in the console and check whether the z coordinate is lower than yours or MUCH higher, the bike could also be below the surface.

If it is in the air and you have the rights to turn on fly mode (SP or you are server owner) you can simply fly up there, mount the bike and fly down again (or turn off fly mode for a while for a faster descent)

yup

If it is in the air and you have the rights to turn on fly mode (SP or you are server owner) you can simply fly up there, mount the bike and fly down again (or turn off fly mode for a while for a faster descent)

Much better than nerd poling your way up, hopping on, and falling to the ground smashing up your bike.

I stopped playing after a major glitch with my bicycle.

First one disappeared after a crash, while I was riding along a road.

After a restart there was no bike icon on the compas, and no sign of it in the blocks about the area where the crash occurred.

So I built another bike. This time while riding it I somehow glitched into the ground and couldn't get out.

Quitting and restarting didn't fix it, but now there were 2 bike icons on the compass, and one of them was drifting all over the place on its own.

When you play Dead Is Dead, and you get killed by a glitch 50 days in... well it kinda hurts.

When you play Dead Is Dead, and you get killed by a glitch 50 days in... well it kinda hurts.

Sure, but isn't a glitch something like an act of nature/act of god where it is "legal" to continue? Wouldn't you continue a dead is dead if you died because of a power failure or a crashed hard disk?

Act of nature/ act of god are insurance terms for "you aint getting paid mate!" Dead means dead and a restart/rage quit (for a couple days at least). Most times its your/my own stupidity that gets you killed, but that far in to die to a bug is hard to take, as the teethmarks on my keyboard will attest!

Act of nature/ act of god are insurance terms for "you aint getting paid mate!" Dead means dead and a restart/rage quit (for a couple days at least). Most times its your/my own stupidity that gets you killed, but that far in to die to a bug is hard to take, as the teethmarks on my keyboard will attest!

I feel you. I play DID as well but I will continue on if an asinine glitch kills me. It is not the same though.

Hmm, I'll look up for my motorcycle, the server admin nocliped down and could not find it so he spawned me a new one, but not the items that were in it.

Also I seem to be getting a glitch where the floor appears to be 1 block higher in some parking garages. It doesn't happen all the time, and sometimes logging in / out fixes it, other times it needs a server reset. Just had that happen the other day at the Trader, the cement mixer, forge and chem station were showing as halfway out of the ground.

on the subject of bikes, wonder if any co-op bikers can help here as I am having a basic problem sharing bikes I make in Alpha 17. Have unlocked them for other player, they are allied and in party. They can ride them, but they don't get the icon or use of storage. I take it it is a setting that I have not adjusted somewhere, but as much as I have looked around can't find what we are doing wrong. Alpha 16 it worked.

Lost 3 bikes and good tackle in them in single player, makes it "challenging", especially when you have to leg it after a game crash on a day7 at 19:00 and 2km+ out from base.....

on the subject of bikes, wonder if any co-op bikers can help here as I am having a basic problem sharing bikes I make in Alpha 17.

Fataal posted some changes he made for A18, so that for example inventory is shared if you don't lock the bike. Since he said A18 you will have to wait until summer for this though.

So I parked my jeep under the covered parking and this happened on my next login.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28239[/ATTACH]

Hoverbike confirmed

on the subject of bikes, wonder if any co-op bikers can help here as I am having a basic problem sharing bikes I make in Alpha 17. Have unlocked them for other player, they are allied and in party. They can ride them, but they don't get the icon or use of storage. I take it it is a setting that I have not adjusted somewhere, but as much as I have looked around can't find what we are doing wrong. Alpha 16 it worked.

Lost 3 bikes and good tackle in them in single player, makes it "challenging", especially when you have to leg it after a game crash on a day7 at 19:00 and 2km+ out from base.....

The only person that can have access to a particular vehicle's storage is the player who places it. To completely transfer "ownership", pick up the vehicle place it in a lootable container, and then have the other person place it.

• 2 weeks later...
The only person that can have access to a particular vehicle's storage is the player who places it. To completely transfer "ownership", pick up the vehicle place it in a lootable container, and then have the other person place it.

Thanks, I knew it must be something simple I was doing wrong! cheers

Level 104 going along smoothly. Bike disappeared 3 days ago, icon still shows but no bike.

Found a bank whilst exploring, parked up outside and my motorbike is now a statue. E wont access it, dug all around it and replaced with frames,no joy. Cant destroy it. Verified steam files, nothing. Most of my best gear is on there, but i suppose it might teach me to back up lol.

Same thing happened to me.

Bike stopped working, me and it flew up into the air as my crew watched helplessly. we landed, the bike kicked me off, no longer worked.

Dug it up, burried it, blew it to ♥♥♥♥ing hell with pipe bombs and RLs, nothing. Couldnt ride it.

Only 1 out of our crew of 5 was able to ride it, but not interact in any other way.

2 days later, and 3 bikes are bugged to hell, not a 1 person can ride or interact with it, only repair and gas it up, but without knowledge of that is what is about to happen as you press E and it gasses it up and or repairs it.

- - - Updated - - -

To get full access to storage, picking it up etc you need to be the one who made it, and or placed it i believe. I think its the one who placed it though as I gave a server player of mine a bike I made and they had been the first to place it in the world and they had full access.

I had this happen once. Try cursoring around the bike outside of where it is visually, sometimes the hit box you need to interact gets out of sync with the visual location of the bike.

Once you can interact, take all the items out of the trunk and pick it up.

Reboot your game and place the bike back down.

• 1 month later...
Must have gotten some air on one heckuva jump...

Worst thing to happen to me was on the motorcycle. I exited the game while riding and restarted it only to be stuck on it without being able to move or hit Esc. Had to kill the process a few times before it fixed the problem.

I've had that happen. restarting seems to fix it.

But worse; I'll have a game crash, and my vehicle will...DESPAWN. eventually it will teleport ME to the vehicle. so after the first time it happened, I was astonished, but now, I just cheat in another vehicle, with some gas, and then just keep playing. I rage quit because I had my SECOND 4x4 vanish on a crash in the same play session. just...this is broken. I have TWO 4X4'S FULL OF LOOT that the game...SHOULD give back to me. but probably not. cause how will it remember both?! I"m just so done with my game CRASHING.

Archived