TFP could you please look at the Coding for "Bleeding"?

It seems out of balance. Even wearing full T6 purple Military armor with military grade Armor mods, every 2nd hit causes "Bleeding".

In the past 2 weeks since I started taking notes, I have been hit 24 times by Vultures and 18 times, they caused the Bleeding debuff requiring Bandages. Damage.. of course, but heavy, life risking Bleeding while fully armored? I can't see it. Not this frequent.

Even zombie attacks (95% from surprise spawn) that hit have caused the Bleed debuff 26 times out of 42 times.

I tend to run POIs in Stealth so hits are fewer but the vulture attacks are from looting while out gathering on my Minibike and Motorcycle (and the occasional Rooftop POI vulture ambush).

I have yet to test the efficiency of "Steel Heavy armor" against this but I fear the results will be the same. I will post my personal results once I have results.

I agree that the bleeding seems far too common. It gets a bit silly at times leaving me thinking WTF!

As for the Vultures, once you get a feel for their AI, you will soon be using your vehicle like a lure to gather feathers instead of going from nest to nest. I'm not sure the Fun Pimps intended them to be so easy to exploit, but they are.

As for stealth, I find playing it methodically and dispassionately yields the best results. Do it long enough and you will be getting the drop on vultures and zombies in nearly all situations.

Bleeding so easily is really exaggerated in A17. Also, there doesn't seem to be any perk to reduce that and the armor doesn't seem to have any influence either.

The bleeding itself is less the problem. With enough first aid bandages you can handle it. What annoys me is that the view is impaired every time.

Doing Shotgun Factory POI this morning and I stepped out an upper door onto an upper deck and "SLAM" hit by a vulture .. "Bleeding".. so I backed up back inside and quickly bandaged. Stayed crouched and waited a few moments to see if I could blast the offending Buzzard. Nothing so I stealthed back outside again and.. like magic.. "BANG" .. bleeding AGAIN!

This time I managed to swipe it out of the air and then beat the damned thing into a puddle. This is getting old really fast.

The easy thing is just decrease the chance. But things like vultures and zombies hitting you would cause bleeding quite often, so maybe a good solution is to lower how much health you can lose from it, or at least make it slower. Maybe add stages to it.

Doing Shotgun Factory POI this morning and I stepped out an upper door onto an upper deck and "SLAM" hit by a vulture .. "Bleeding".. so I backed up back inside and quickly bandaged. Stayed crouched and waited a few moments to see if I could blast the offending Buzzard. Nothing so I stealthed back outside again and.. like magic.. "BANG" .. bleeding AGAIN!

This time I managed to swipe it out of the air and then beat the damned thing into a puddle. This is getting old really fast.

I can't wait for TFP to get the console side back under, so we can have these ninja birds added to our games.

oh god yes please fix the bleeding its so dumb everything causes bleeding now. it was fine in a16. i have brought up this issue before. yes you can carry cloth bandages, but the issue is that you lose max HP. so until aloe vera farm is setup, you're better off killing yourself if you've bled too much. cause you can't apply bandage too quickly, you must eliminate the threat or flee, and during that time you're losing precious HP

Not only is bleeding unbelievably common, but those every-other to every-third hit bleeds that are so commonly applied are also SO life threatening as to cause bleeding to unconsciousness from perfect health in 30 seconds.

So basically every other or every third zombie is hitting us with the equivalent of ripping our neck open or tearing off an arm...

It's a horrible stretch of the imagination (blah blah blah, realism...zombies), but MORE importantly, it badly impacts gameplay.

I understand you want to incentivize not getting hit, but when i'm at 30% health and get hit bleeding and i literally bleed out so fast i can't finish my swing, swap to a bandage, and apply it, the game starts feeling dumb.

If you insist on bleeding, then what about dropping the health loss to 1 every 2 or 3 seconds, but the debuff doesn't expire naturally? Or replacing it with something else.

With how janky the zombies move, especially the backwards gliding buzzards and the seizure dogs, the severity and frequency of the bleed effect is ridiculous with how inevitably the opposite-of-smooth enemy models move.

oh god yes please fix the bleeding its so dumb everything causes bleeding now. it was fine in a16. i have brought up this issue before. yes you can carry cloth bandages, but the issue is that you lose max HP. so until aloe vera farm is setup, you're better off killing yourself if you've bled too much. cause you can't apply bandage too quickly, you must eliminate the threat or flee, and during that time you're losing precious HP

You are stuck in A16. Bandages cure max HP. Aloe farms are not nearly as intrinsically necessary as they used to be. I rarely even get the perk for it - food heals just as well.

I think what they need is an armor attachment. Something you can find and slot into your armor to alleviate later stage bleeding woes.

We can argue the pros and cons of the current health/stamina/injury system (and sadly a fair bit of it comes down in the cons column) but the underlying problem for me is the frame rate.

If 7DtD can offer me up 60 fps in a PoI full of zombies then I won't end up bleeding as I'll be able to actually fight the buggers. The best I can hope for just now is firing a shotgun outside the PoI, luring the runners/ferals/radiated outside where I will separate then off then go back to tidy the place up. Trying to fight inside the PoI is like a bloody slideshow at times.

You are stuck in A16. Bandages cure max HP. Aloe farms are not nearly as intrinsically necessary as they used to be. I rarely even get the perk for it - food heals just as well.

I think what they need is an armor attachment. Something you can find and slot into your armor to alleviate later stage bleeding woes.

bandages do NOT cure MAX HP. note i said, CLOTH BANDAGES and emphasized the necessity of aloe vera farm. Cloth bandages STOP bleeding, they DO NOT restore MAX HP at all. only first aid bandages too. food does NOT increase MAX HP - it heals regular HP. the problem is not HP loss. the problem is that after a bad engage, you bleed, you must first kill the zombie or flee, and during that time you've lost 50% of your MAX HP. like seriously, with the misinformation you posted, do you even play A17, or am i not emphasizing its MAX HP loss that is the problem

again in end game its not an issue, but starting out its an annoying pain and a terribad gameplay mechanic.

bandages do NOT cure MAX HP. note i said, CLOTH BANDAGES and emphasized the necessity of aloe vera farm. Cloth bandages STOP bleeding, they DO NOT restore MAX HP at all. only first aid bandages too. food does NOT increase MAX HP - it heals regular HP. the problem is not HP loss. the problem is that after a bad engage, you bleed, you must first kill the zombie or flee, and during that time you've lost 50% of your MAX HP. like seriously, with the misinformation you posted, do you even play A17, or am i not emphasizing its MAX HP loss that is the problem

again in end game its not an issue, but starting out its an annoying pain and a terribad gameplay mechanic.

I originally thought as you do about the cloth bandages, but it actually does restore max hp. For reference, I'm playing a 17.2 vanilla game.

Yes bleeding has been very annoying. Esp when wearing heavy armor which is supposed to prevent such things.

The worst part is the vision blur... what? Was I hit in the eyes every time I bleed?

The 2nd worst part is the speed of the bleed- why are they always fast bleeds? A nose bleed can kill you in 30 seconds?

The 3rd worst part is a lack of severe cuts that should require serious medical equipment (stitches), but nope... a small cloth with aloe smeared on it somehow heals a slit artery.

Bleed severity needs to be a thing.

Vision blur should only happen from blunt hits- not cuts... Like if the biker zombie punches you.

Bleed is the new Stun.

Instead of getting stunned every hit like we used to we now bleed. It's too rudimentary a system. I'd rather have different effects that could be negated by different armors like:

Chance for-

Broken limbs like hands, arms, legs (already in I think), ribs and so on. With corresponding debuffs

Bleeding but instead of killing you super fast have it make your "noise" level to 100 so zombies are seeking you out until stop the bleeding. Think sharks

Concussive damage that stuns

This would add more variety and can be negated by armors and perks.

The "Only" thing that makes sense to me about this situation is that not only are the Devs testing the "Bandit AI" with the current zombies, but they are also testing their Attack Damage and results (debuffs) as well.

This makes sense if the bandits primary weapons are going to be"Bladed"; thus all the "Bleed" debuffs we are seeing in abundance.

Just a Theory I prefer over thinking that they made a coding error.

Time will tell

Just a Theory I prefer over thinking that they made a coding error.

I see by your join date that you are new here. You'll soon learn that it is the latter in most cases with this team.

That said, I agree with the sentiment of this thread. Bleeding is far too common and it's especially annoying with glitched animation hits. I go melee in our games so its a running gag now of me saying over voice "hey y'all, guess what? I'm bleeding... again." That remains constant from level 1 to level 150+. Armor doesn't matter. Perks don't matter. If I get hit, for whatever reason, I turn into a fountain of blood. The team just makes sure that I get all of the first aid bandages because I'm going to need them.

It does seem like armor has no impact on reducing the frequency of the bleed status effect being applied. Which makes no sense.

Zombies apply bleed far more often than they should. The animals make sense. They are typically tearing at you with tooth, beak, and fang. But zombies are bludgeoning you. Sure they have finger nails, but I'm pretty sure even a feral human wouldn't actually be trying to claw someone. Our nails are far too fragile for that.

Has anyone actually submitted a bug report telling the devs that there's a problem with armour not reducing bleed chance?

The problem here is that the armor should do that from a logical point of view. However, neither in the description of the armor parts nor in the XML files does it say that the armor has an effect on bleeding. That's why you can't report this as a bug.

However, there are many things in the game that logically just don't make sense. Ever tried to pour concrete with a nail gun into a steel frame in real life ?

Same thing with having to shoot a zed in the head with a .308 multiple times to kill him. umm.. bullet goes in front, back half of head should be missing. Shotgun to face at 2 foot range? um, no head at all.

Complete realisim doesn't always make for fun gameplay though.

Mind you, I have fixed the gun damage. I love watching bullets make them do the hollyweird fly through the air thing. :)

Archived